I'm coming around to Briskets side

Michael Knight

America is irredeemable and it's citizens deserve Trump. We used to think we were the shining city on the hill and a guiding beacon of freedom and justice in the world, the truth is we're the baddies. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance,  but we got fat stupid and lazy. Our empire is swiftly dying,  I don't know what will replace us,  but it probably won't be good for most of us. 

Edited by Michael Knight

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

America is irredeemable and it's citizens deserve Trump. We used to think we were the shining city on the hill and a guiding beacon of freedom and justice in the world, the truth is we're the baddies. 

The whole part about the nation being founded on genocide and slavery wasn’t a give away?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Then go to canada, you hysterical fucks.

Why? Oligarchies can fuck with you in Canada too.Why would they be limited by borders?  

Edited by Mdhorn

Britain, a tiny island, with their own problems with the Irish and Scots, ruled much of the world for 200-300 years. That's the reason English will eventually replace all languages, thanks internet. Their empire took a very long time to die off, so the US will take much much longer and don't count on it. The big fat nation with 320 million is an economic and military powerhouse, tech # 1 forever.  There are no competitiors outside of China which is still a polluted urine smelling shithole. 

Don't count on America's demise, it's not going to happen for hundreds of years if ever. 

Edited by NowThis
  • Like 5

Trump is human garbage but I still don’t get he talk of the United States being an empire.   Where are all of our land holdings exactly?  In this day and age of digital surveillance, show me where all the people and resources from other lands are being brought here against their will?   Why do we get none of the empire type benefits?   

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ah, the weak yet predictable "if you don't like it leave" response.  Well done.  It's almost as if you know jack shit about our country.

Ah, the predictable humorlessness of jimmyjazz.

It's almost is if your slowness matches your stridency.

Edited by tantric superman
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Trump is human garbage but I still don’t get he talk of the United States being an empire.   Where are all of our land holdings exactly?  In this day and age of digital surveillance, show me where all the people and resources from other lands are being brought here against their will?   Why do we get none of the empire type benefits?   

it's the global military and economic dominance, not necessarily classic imperialism where we steal your stuff (although some Rs wanted to just take Iraq's oil).

The US is the defacto bully in the world, gets what it wants, will kill you if you resist.  Russia is a mini bully in their region but they don't dare challenge the US directly. No one does.  Manipulation of the dollar can destroy countries.  The US is the Death Star, believe it or not. 

13 minutes ago, NowThis said:

it's the global military and economic dominance, not necessarily classic imperialism where we steal your stuff (although some Rs wanted to just take Iraq's oil).

The US is the defacto bully in the world, gets what it wants, will kill you if you resist.  Russia is a mini bully in their region but they don't dare challenge the US directly. No one does.  Manipulation of the dollar can destroy countries.  The US is the Death Star, believe it or not. 

So our weakness is an small thermsl exhaust port, right below the main port?

• Like 3

So empires are judged by economic influence that unjustifiably out-punches its weight?

By that definition, Singapore, Qatar, Bahrain, Monaco, Switzerland, Vatican City, Macau, et. al. also are all Imperialist?   

Edited by Lobo

So Cheeto in all his dumbfuckedness is going to take us down?

So it was better when we were fighting a war across two oceans, minorities were much more routinely oppressed and outright murdered for the color or their skin, information was controlled by precious few, women were still LARGELY viewed as inferior with only a role as homemakers and Elvis swiveling his hips on TV was going to end all common decency.

94a1ceaaa3df9740e33c047304987a69.gif

Get the fucking fuck over yourselves.

YES we can absolutely be better. Much better in fact. But this isn’t the crisis many of you wallow around in an want it to be.

We just hear about shit a lot more now and you clearly are not capable of laying off pitches in the dirt.

Get the fucking fuck over yourselves and go make something better

• Like 6

Honest ?  Has anything that has happened in the last 2 years had a profound negative impact on your daily life?    I’ve experienced no negative effects so far so should I hunker down?  

Our democracy has checks and balances so no one holds to much power and that seems to be working... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tjhooker said:

Why does this pathetic shit about the implosion of America and how bad it is always coming from the left?  What's that all about?

You must've missed the whole Obama presidency when Obamacare was going to be the downfall of America. It's not just the left who peddles this shit. 

• Like 4

Just now, Kiss said:

I've experienced a lot of bad. I'm in a group he targets. He's absolutely harming people. 

Okay; can you provide specifics and how they were caused by Trump?  I’m curious because I haven’t seen any actual evidence.  

9 minutes ago, SDG said:

Our democracy has checks and balances so no one holds to much power and that seems to be working... 

Right, but that's what is so frightening: Trump has no respect for the checks and balances.  Exhibit A: declaring a fictional national emergency so that he can (try to) take money that Congress allocated to the military and redirect it to build his stupid wall.  The fact that he would even talk about such a thing is very telling.

Look, will we survive Donald Trump?  Probably.  We've survived slavery and race riots and plenty more.  But that doesn't mean that the Trump presidency and the conditions that allowed it to happen aren't a massive red flag that maybe we've lost our way.  40% of America is supporting a pathological liar, a narcissist, an accused rapist, and a con man whose entire inner circle is pleading guilty to or is suspected of felonies.  This is a bigger deal than the typical left v right stuff.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

Just now, Kiss said:

It's none of your business. And fyi, I would have told you, cheerfully so, 3 years ago.

I call bullshit.  Your post history in this and the russian thread scream bot.  

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Right, but that's what is so frightening: Trump has no respect for the checks and balances.  Exhibit A: declaring a fictional national emergency so that he can (try to) take money that Congress allocated to the military and redirect it to build his stupid wall.  The fact that he would even talk about such a thing is very telling.

Look, will we survive Donald Trump?  Probably.  We've survived slavery and race riots and plenty more.  But that doesn't mean that the Trump presidency, and the conditions that allowed it to happen, aren't a massive red flag that maybe we've lost our way.  40% of America is supporting a pathological liar, a narcissist, an accused rapist, and a con man.  

It’s not hard to see that Congress gave potus the power to redirect money.  Everything else you said I agree with.  

10 minutes ago, Kiss said:

Boieng is a perfect example of this. Those direly affected by Global Warming is another.

You realize we’re not the only Country and are a way from being the largest polluter right?   

Edited by SDG
Fuck u Apple auto correct.

3 minutes ago, Kiss said:

Oh please. Our cars did it. The oil industry did it.

The automobile was invented in Germany... 

china produced more more cars than about the next 10 countries combined last year...

Edited by SDG

10 hours ago, Kiss said:

Yes! I'm an American. But not for long. I'm leaving. Ex Pat all the way, baby.

America is a shit hole country now. Total 2nd world dive and plummeting. Anybody can see this. The dollar is becoming worthless.

Please close the door on your way out. I love these I'm gonna leave people, they never go... Did this trick work with mommy and daddy when your were 6 ?  

Snowflake or a 6 year old (they're interchangeable): I'm gone I'm running away.

Normal mom and dad or other mature grown up: Hey let me help you pack your bags......

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Haha 1