2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We should have held on to Morton. Or even Keuchel. 

The Astros offered Keuchel a multi year offer before last season. The qualifying offer before this season was reasonable.

Edited by rvm96
Auto correct...

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

I was fine with replacing Keuchel with Miley. 

But every single one of us thought that they should sign Morton. We weren't willing to pay as much as Tampa fucking Bay. 

A JV/Cole/Morton/Miley/Peacock rotation would have been solid. 

They got spooked when he broke down at the end of last season. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Nope.

It's a real shame Josh James hasn't learn how to pitch. He could be a star. 

I know I've bitched about this before, but we also don't really develop starting pitchers. James has been a gas can. Martin was a gas can. Valdez is really inconsistent, but generally struggles with control. Perez has sucked. Fuck, they all struggle with control. Whitley has been bad, Bukauskas has been bad. Martes was bad and then hurt and suspended. Starting pitcher development has been a clusterfuck since McCullers came up in 2015. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

I know I've bitched about this before, but we also don't really develop starting pitchers. James has been a gas can. Martin was a gas can. Valdez is really inconsistent, but generally struggles with control. Fuck they all struggle with control. Whitley has been bad, Bukauskas has been bad. Martes was bad and then hurt and suspended. Starting pitcher development has been a clusterfuck since McCullers came up in 2015. 

So Strom only knows how to decorate the cake... not bake it.

1 minute ago, YChang said:

So Strom only knows how to decorate the cake... not bake it.

I don't claim to know what the problem is, but pretty much all of our top-tier pitching prospects since 2015 have walked way too many hitter and have generally been hot garbage at the MLB level (if they even made it there). Appel, Martes, James, Martin, while Whitley and Bukauskas walk 6 batters/9 innings in the fucking minors. 

• Like 1

People that can’t read their ticket should be shot during the 7th inning stretch 

some old man was ready to kick my ass for being in his seat, he was one section off. I told him to go fuck himself and buy some glasses 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

What’s the record for consecutive hit batsmen ?

The Major League Baseball (MLB) record for a pitcher hitting the most consecutive batters is 3, most recently by Javier Vasquez (Puerto Rico), who while pitching for the New York Yankees (USA) hit three consecutive Tampa Bay Rays (USA) batters in the seventh inning of a 10-3 loss at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York (USA) on 23 September 2010. The other pitchers eight pitchers who hit 3 consecutive batters are: Dock Ellis, Pink Hawley, Earl Hamilton, C.J. Nitkowski, Steve Sparks, Walter Thornton, Jeff Weaver, and Wilbur Wood.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Home games don’t count

also Straw needs to steal home

they probably count more.  We are "supposed" to lose the majority of games on the road....not at home.  

Quit going to games....everyone.  Everyone quit going forever.