2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, drewlaws said:

Fun game but only because we won. Go stros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the trade market for Tyler White? I know he had three hits today, but this featuring White for trade bait stuff is getting out of hand. He shouldn't be playing every day. If Alvarez has a pulse at first, he should be playing there. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

What's the trade market for Tyler White? I know he had three hits today, but this featuring White for trade bait stuff is getting out of hand. He shouldn't be playing every day. If Alvarez has a pulse at first, he should be playing there. 

We could probably get a case of beer and some Cheetos.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We could probably get a case of beer and some Cheetos.

He asked about the trade market, not what Tyler wants from the market. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ted Williams, Griffey Jr, the yaz, Ernie banks to name a few 

Ernie Banks is a good example. Man he loved playing for the Cubs, but his team didn't exactly help him out. 

Not sure Trout is better off on the Phillies, he's from there originally, but he wouldn't have to go through the Stros every season. That said the Braves are pretty darned good and young. They should be good for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Griffey was there in 95

Trout is good, but I don't think transcendent though. I'm an Astro fan so im probably biased. 

I said it

I don't care for the Trout - Mantle comparison. Their numbers and build are similar, but the Mick was a switch hitter and won SEVEN rings in his first eleven seasons. That's transcendent.