2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Let’s also raise a glass to Jim Crane for agreeing to write the check. emoji1635.pngemoji1635.pngemoji1635.png

Best owner in Houston sports history by leaps and bounds. I was worried that he was cheap and didn't know what he was doing and would be over-leveraged and not able to spend money back in 2014. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL at the Yankees broadcasters crying that, "You have teams out there, like the Red Sox and Astros, that will pay anything just to make a deal.  Better to wait until the offseason and get value...."

Am I taking crazy pills? What alternate reality have I landed in?

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Beer
Martin
Bukauskas
Rojas

Ouch

As mercurial as pitching prospects are, Beer is the only one who really hurts, IMO. Rojas projects as a really good utility guy, but having Diaz for the foreseeable future makes him expendable.

Edited by formermav43

It’s just a solid solid deal
We do absolutely everything we can to guarantee a championship this year
Rojas was blocked
Beer is blocked by Alvarez. Could have maybe been 1B of the future.
Lose two promising pitchers but shore up front end of rotation for next two years.

DBacks hopefully are eating a good chunk of money.

Win win

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

As mercurial as pitching prospects are, Beer is the only one who really hurts, IMO. Rojas projects as a really good utility guy, but having Diaz for the foreseeable future makes home expendable.

Yeah, JB has been pretty meh this year and Martin just had Tommy John.

Wonder what kind of bump Greinke gets in his numbers switching from the NL to AL and working with Strom.  If it's anything like the CFM / Cole bumps we're going to wreck fucking shop.

Hell, I think we're going to wreck fucking shop any way.  This isn't quite 2017 Verlander big, but it's pretty damn big.