2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Me after I catch this Yordan bomb tonight e2d1afd49b9f0a8ed0806454a0cd6223.jpg

Damn! That looks less than ideal. This doesn’t seem like one of those “you should see the other guy” deals.

The moment not accepting your cousin’s offer to be a plumbers assistant seems like a mistake.

Edited by Wishbone

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:
37 minutes ago, Wishbone said:
Damn! That looks less than ideal. This doesn’t seem like one of those “you should see the other guy” deals.
The moment not accepting your cousin’s offer to be a plumbers assistant seems like a mistake.

#WorthIt

Hope for his sake it is. I’ll pass, personally.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

late to the party here, but god damn we strand a lot of leadoff doubles.

is there a record for guys lob for a season?  have we broken that yet?

ok, so if this link is to be believed, we are currently 5th (or 26th) in mlb in lob per game.  only .01 behind 3rd place dodgers/tampa tied.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/team-left-on-base-per-game

what's interesting is that the top (bottom) of that list is a bunch of good offensive teams.  then down at 21st (10th) is the yankees, wedged in between balt and colo.  maybe they've been a little lucky this season?  this is of course assuming "clutch" isn't really a stat, and it's all just dumb luck.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Cole is nasty tonight

Took the words out of my intended post. Two nights in a row, anemic hitting, great pitching. Still trying to get my head around Verlander giving up only 2 hits……for 2 solo HR’s, and losing a game with the heaviest odds as a favorite in eons. Baseball.

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

Took the words out of my intended post. Two nights in a row, anemic hitting, great pitching. Still trying to get my head around Verlander giving up only 2 hits……for 2 solo HR’s, and losing a game with the heaviest odds as a favorite in eons. Baseball.

Exactly... baseball. The most frustrating game I've watched in a long time.