2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Can someone explain why the Yankees pulled Chapman so soon? I assume to save him but he was throwing heat.

We made him work

He threw 25 pitches

He would have been in trouble if he came out for a second inning

He’s going to get worked later in this series, like a lot of their guys. We’ve gotten a ton of looks off their best already
  • Like 2

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

It was a walk off in the postseason.  Can’t gripe about a celebration it that situation.  

Oh, I agree.  Emotional game.  And there's too much on the line to go settling scores, they can't risk Severino getting tossed, etc.

But I bet Carlos will wear one early next season like Joey Bats from the Rangers after his bat flip.

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

It was a walk off in the postseason.  Can’t gripe about a celebration it that situation.  

THIS. I'm an old grumpy traditionalist who gets easily chafed by the new school showmanship, but exactly zero persons should have any issue with Correa's celebration. Context is everything.

2 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

Best of 5 now with Cole in G3 in their house and if it comes to it Verlander and Cole in 6 and 7 in ours.  This game was crucial.

It was a must win.  It became really important when we lost Game 4 at TB.  It became a must win when we lost last night.  

Lose this game and you have to win 4 of 5 with an Urquidy and Greinke start mixed in.  Not impossible but a lot less probable.  

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Boone definitely Roberts’ed it pulling Paxton so quickly.   I’m still in shock about that.  

The more I think about it, the more this game reminds me of WS G2.   

Total series changer.   

Article on MLB.com saying he was tipping his pitches.

https://www.mlb.com/news/james-paxton-tipping-pitches-exits-in-3rd-inning

Edited by smwhorn

37 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Boone definitely Roberts’ed it pulling Paxton so quickly.   I’m still in shock about that.  

The more I think about it, the more this game reminds me of WS G2.   

same. seeing their rp over and over definitely helped, and constantly pulling sp early eventually worked against them. 

they also had 2-3 lockdown guys like nyy, and you bring them in early it can force 2nd tier guys in crucial spots. 

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

A game 4 rainout would be interesting.  We could skip Urquidy.

It would also mean the MFY skip their bullpen game and get to trot Tanaka out there in game 4 on full rest...

It would also move Verlander up into starting game 5 in the Bronx.  It does bring up some interesting scenarios but only if we win Tuesday.