Dallas Stars 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Dallas was home.

Dallas H, Blues, Blues H, Dallas, Blues, Dallas, Blues.

Only two home victories.

Right. I probably worded it wrong but this series and the one in 2016 has played out exactly the same just with the 2 teams flipped in terms of the home team for the series. Road team in the series went up 3-2 but couldn't close it out at home. Every game I believe has played out exactly the same..

Right. I probably worded it wrong but this series and the one in 2016 has played out exactly the same just with the 2 teams flipped in terms of the home team for the series. Road team in the series went up 3-2 but couldn't close it out at home. Every game I believe has played out exactly the same.. 

Let’s hope it ends up the same way as 2016 with the road team winning Game 7. I don’t have high hopes, though.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm actually not.  I think he's going to come out strong.  That's been his record after a loss.

I just hope the deep bruise (best case scenario) he must have after the Paraynko shot from Sun doesn't affect him on high shots. You know the Blues will be going upstairs at least early.

As this series has progressed, I'm seeing some national coverage painting a narrative of Ben Bishop as a dirty player and a flopper. I simply haven't had the time to follow the entirety of the league that I once did the last few years and didn't pay quite as much attention to the East so I didn't have an opinion on Bishop other than he was/is a fantastic goaltender who also happens to be the tallest to ever stand in goal in NHL history. I knew the Lightning never quite got over the hump with him -- that's all I knew about him really.

10 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Hintz not at morning skate.  Not a good sign.

He was wearing a boot as they boarded the plane for STL yesterday. Took a shot off his foot in the first period Sunday. Let's hope he can go later.

49 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Anyone think Bishop will have a short leash tonight if he gives up a few early goals?

If he gives up a couple early and I bet he gets pulled because that would lead me to believe he's nowhere close to 100%

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
5 minutes ago, C-Man said:
Other than mop-up duty the other night, I think he had started one of the games the final weekend -- maybe even the final game.

Yeah I guess I should have said when was the last time he started. Is there any real drop off from Bishop to him?

Definitely. Khudobin is a great backup. Shit, he's the best we've had since Turco and Turek were backups. But he's not Ben Bishop.

23 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Other than mop-up duty the other night, I think he had started one of the games the final weekend -- maybe even the final game.

Bishop was in goal for the last home game.  Can't recall if that was the end of the season or if they finished on the road.

57 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Bishop was in goal for the last home game.  Can't recall if that was the end of the season or if they finished on the road.

Khudobin's last start was in the second-to-last game of the season, a 6-1 loss at Chicago.