2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

It’s so fucking rigged.

Okay Ayesha. Draymond has always gotten away with Ts. I would guess it has more to do with what he actually says to refs and how he approaches it. They certainly didn't hold whistles this season or playoffs on Durant or Cousins. 

Just now, Paul Wesley said:

then the officials call a bunch of off-the-ball touch fouls on LA.   Absurd.  

They are calling holding calls for guys defending Durant because they are holding him. Durant is abusing their entire defense - have you not been watching? 

Refs are calling it pretty soft both ways. No one should be parroting any ref bias right now. 

And yeah, Durant will need to go for 50 if they are going to win. Rest of the team is sleepwalking. 

I take back my Ws by 12 comment. Clippers keeping up some phenomenal offense through that 3Q albeit Ws playing some shittastic defense. 

One more edit - Durant with 35 through 3 quarters on 15 field goal attempts. 15. wtf. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Nice recovery by the Clippers to push it back out to double digits to close the 3Q. Golden State showing tonight why the Rockets have a real chance to take them out, if Paul can shoot better than 21% from 3's.

Yeah I'm not convinced the Rockets are better than the Clippers but okay. 

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Just to illustrate how inefficient Westbrook is, a guy on reddit charted his average vs other players based on volume, and you can see the steep decline of these past few years. Take note, 2016/17 is when he won the MVP and was in the bottom 10% of efficient shooters. In contrast, Steph Curry is show below, and you can see his 2015/16 numbers were the most ridiculously efficient of all time for a single season. Also, this year Curry was #1 again, and KD is #2 lol...  

gt25whevv7u21.png

zjtanf9hw7u21.png

Amazing contrast.  I still think that one Curry season is when he was the best player in the NBA that year and broke LeBron's maybe 8-10 year run or so.  

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Clippers aren't anywhere as good as the Rockets

I'd like to agree with you but the Rockets didn't exactly impress against UTA. LA has played better ball against a much better opponent this series imo. 

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

That was a foul, though

Eh KD just fouled him on that bucket. Make up whistle. 

Aaaaaaand yeah Durant jesus christ 

Such a soft call lmao. If anything refs giving a little bit to the Clips rn. 

Edited by ztejas

15 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

the warriors just lost at home when kd, steph and klay combined for 91 points on 30/61 shooting.

never in my wildest dreams...

Well Durant was responsible for half of those points on 26 of the 61 attempts. Let's not act like Steph and Klay lit it up. 

Houston is a shitty sports town. Empty seats everywhere for this Rockets game.
I honestly think it has more to do with prices. I looked during the regular season and tickets to sit on either side of the Court in the lower bowl were 250 a piece retail. Didn't matter if you were in row 3 or 30. Courtside was way more. Don't know why anyone would pay that much. I can't imagine what those seats cost in the playoffs.

Concessions were expensive too. I saw a report the other day about the Atlanta Hawks making their place the best fan experience by lowering prices, having $1-$4 food and soft drinks, etc. The Rockets need to do something like that, cause I'm not paying what they are asking, nor is anyone I know. I would much rather go to an Astros or Dynamo game for half the cost and better seats.

16 hours ago, maninblack said:

Are there any Thunder fans/Westbrook defenders left?

This post prompted me to head over to shaggy to remind myself of who all was supporting Russ back in his "MVP" days. I clicked on some random page in the middle of the thread and there's some great stuff already. 5280 is talking mad shit to anyone who says anything critical of Russ, and neverwent (what happened to him? is he here under a new name?) is arguing that "it's not definitive that replacing Russ with LeBron/KD/Steph/whomever would make OKC better", while claiming that Russ's supporting cast (Victor Oladipo, Enes Kanter, Steven Adams, Damontis Sabonis, Taj Gibson, Ersan Ilyasova, among others) is "abysmal", and worse than LeBron's early supporting casts in Cleveland. He wraps his post up with, "This (insert superstar) and OKC is immediately better is really a simple stupid argument." You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/176529-Russ-Harden-or-the-field-Who-s-the-NBA-MVP/page21 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Houston is a shitty sports town. Empty seats everywhere for this Rockets game.

I don't really care if the Rockets playoff games are sold out.  Maybe I should.

Astros on the other hand...

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I honestly think it has more to do with prices. I looked during the regular season and tickets to sit on either side of the Court in the lower bowl were 250 a piece retail. Didn't matter if you were in row 3 or 30. Courtside was way more. Don't know why anyone would pay that much. I can't imagine what those seats cost in the playoffs.

Concessions were expensive too. I saw a report the other day about the Atlanta Hawks making their place the best fan experience by lowering prices, having $1-$4 food and soft drinks, etc. The Rockets need to do something like that, cause I'm not paying what they are asking, nor is anyone I know. I would much rather go to an Astros or Dynamo game for half the cost and better seats.

demographics too, Houston is not a wealthy place, only a small % can afford those tix and Rd 1 isn't something to worry about.

that Clipper forward Harrell went 11-14 with some super easy putbacks + some nifty hand moves for others.  He went Bill Walton on GS!  With 24 points, he's the hidden reason for victory. Seems a lot bigger than the listed 6'8".  Beast!

LAC shot 54% from the field, damn rare. Also 24-26 from FTs.    The whole team was zoned in.  Lets hope they win 3 @ Oracle to close out that 50 year old building.