2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

demographics too, Houston is not a wealthy place, only a small % can afford those tix and Rd 1 isn't something to worry about.

It’s always been weird to me the amount of Spurs fans in attendance when they play each other. Especially when the Rockets are great. 

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well Durant was responsible for half of those points on 26 of the 61 attempts. Let's not act like Steph and Klay lit it up. 

They were a combined 16-35, 8-16, 6-6 for 46 points.

During the regular season, 17.6-37.4, 8.2-19.4, 5.5-6.2 for 48.8 points.

You continue to be a moron.

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, NowThis said:

LAC won because they shot 54% from the field overall , mostly due to Harrel going 11-14.  

and Gallanari and Williams showed up with 59 points.

They had

25 combined points in game 3

28 combined points in game 4

So, yeah those 2 scored more in Game 5 than combined in both games 3-4.

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

This post prompted me to head over to shaggy to remind myself of who all was supporting Russ back in his "MVP" days. I clicked on some random page in the middle of the thread and there's some great stuff already. 5280 is talking mad shit to anyone who says anything critical of Russ, and neverwent (what happened to him? is he here under a new name?) is arguing that "it's not definitive that replacing Russ with LeBron/KD/Steph/whomever would make OKC better", while claiming that Russ's supporting cast (Victor Oladipo, Enes Kanter, Steven Adams, Damontis Sabonis, Taj Gibson, Ersan Ilyasova, among others) is "abysmal", and worse than LeBron's early supporting casts in Cleveland. He wraps his post up with, "This (insert superstar) and OKC is immediately better is really a simple stupid argument." You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/176529-Russ-Harden-or-the-field-Who-s-the-NBA-MVP/page21 

you done crying?  Need your antidepressants refilled?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Wish that graphic had the entire Hamptons lineup cuz you know it's true.

Yeah, the Hampton's lineup got torched in the last 3 minutes of game 5 by Lou Williams, after the dunk by Durant to put Golden State up. Lou Williams ran off 8 points in a row in just over a minute.

49 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

hard to decide if one should more strongly root against beverly, or draymond green

Both guys are players you'd love on your team but they will be hated by every other fanbase. I'd love Beverly on the Mavs.

I just want to see a game 7. GSW would probably mop the floor with them but for the Clippers to even take this to 6, much less 7, is fucking hilarious. Tonight should be interesting. GSW actually favored more tonight than they were in games 3 and 4.

Durant is just too fucking good and too consistent. It's like child's play for him out there. Ws success really depends on the rest of the big 4 to play with that same consistency, because it appears that KD is going to be a problem regardless of opponent or arena or game situation. 

13 minutes ago, NowThis said:

really really need to widen the court by 2' on each side if humanly possible. 

Absolutely. The court was designed before these players became the huge freakish athletes they morphed into.

And damn, KD balling out now. Have a feeling LAC will get smashed tonight. As they should. 

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Absolutely. The court was designed before these players became the huge freakish athletes they morphed into.

And damn, KD balling out now. Have a feeling LAC will get smashed tonight. As they should. 

Vic remind me - you a Mavs fan?

KD with 28 of GS's 48 already with 8 to play in the 2nd quarter. Might break his playoff high 2 games in a row at this pace. 

31 with 5 to play in the 2nd. Playoff record for pts in a half in 39 - pts in a game is 63. 

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

KD with 28 of GS's 48 already with 8 to play in the 2nd quarter. Might break his playoff high 2 games in a row at this pace. 

I hate these fucks worse than I love Durant. Hope he can't keep carrying them like this though the Rockets.

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

I hate these fucks worse than I love Durant.

My opinion differs but only slightly. (depends on whether the Spurs are an actual contender or not).

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Hope he can't keep carrying them like this though the Rockets.

He will.

9 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

He said some good things right up to the point where he called all of us "regular people". 

Are you being thick on purpose or just joking? By "regular people" he means that "regular people" face more pressure and adversity in their day to day lives - that he is blessed to do what he is paid to do and that is collect million dollar checks for playing a game. 

Maybe he could have phrased it better, but most of us aren't NBA players. I would say that makes us a bit more "regular". 

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
12 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:
He said some good things right up to the point where he called all of us "regular people". 

He really meant loser poor people but stotts interrupted him

Is it like when Lebron basically said everyone would wake up to their same shitty lives and he will still be who he is? After he lost to the Mavs in the Finals lol.