2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Clippers doing their best to somewhat stay around in this game. 

Pretty unbelievable with only one guy that can really score, Lou. I don't think he gets gassed either I'd play him the rest of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Pretty unbelievable with only one guy that can really score, Lou. I don't think he gets gassed either I'd play him the rest of the game.

And as I type that, GSW extends the lead to 21. I was hoping it would be around 10 going into the 4th. Make GSW sweat a little.

Houston/GSW should be a great battle. All the 2nd round series are shaping up to be pretty good, especially GSW/Houston and Milwaukee/Boston. I thought Milwaukee would dispose of Boston easily before the playoffs started but I think Boston can hold their own now.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

So 41.5 ppg on 52.9 FG% plus he shot like 93% from the line. 

Breaking it down further: KD's average over the final 4 games of the Clippers series: 41.5 ppg, .529 FG%, .951 FT%, 5.8 RPG, 5.5 APG

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chad said:

I'll give the Clips credit, they hung around and forced a game 6 even managing to steal a game in Oakland. 2nd best series of the first round of the playoffs.

Doc really is a damn good coach. He got everything he could out of that series with what he had to work with. 

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I get it, and he's right.  I just thought it was one of those unspoken rules where they don't talk about it.  

He's also using in a complimentary way. Basically saying the NBA players are living sheltered existences, mostly protected from the real world; it's regular people who face and overcome true adversity. I don't even think Twitter could feign offense to this one.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

I'll give the Clips credit, they hung around and forced a game 6 even managing to steal a game in Oakland. 2nd best series of the first round of the playoffs.

Clips won both their games in Oakland. Whatever aura and mystique there was about Oracle is almost completely gone. They're had some really embarrassing home loses this season, and the intimidation factor is practically zero now. 

It's one of the reasons that I give the Rockets a puncher's chance. The Warriors are going to win a road game in this series, they just are. They've won at least one in every series that Klay and Steph have played in their careers, and Houston isn't exactly a tough place to play. So that means that Houston will have to win at least two in Oracle to advance. Before the 8 seed Clippers did it, the only team to do so since Kerr took over was LeBron and the Cavs, and one of those games included a suspended Draymond Green. It doesn't seem nearly as improbable today as it used to.

Edited by aggie08

Wow, awesome stuff from both guys, but especially Lou. That was a very thoughtful answer, and he gave her the great sound bite she was fishing for, even if she didn't deserve with her dumbass wording of the question. Glad Bev at least made her pay to get her sound bite, lol.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

I appreciate Bev for staying true to who is he while also holding his tongue. Dude just got eliminated in what was a pretty hard fought series, and you’re going to ask him if they should’ve played better d on KD. I know she was looking for a specific quote and Lou Williams gave it to her, but come on. Maybe she has to do it, but it really is a stupid question if you know who KD is lol

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:
4 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Bev and KD had a big embrace when they were shaking hands and all that. I think they definitely respect each other and didnt have any hard feelings.

KD to LAC????

Is KD a soft competitor????

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I appreciate Bev for staying true to who is he while also holding his tongue. Dude just got eliminated in what was a pretty hard fought series, and you’re going to ask him if they should’ve played better d on KD. I know she was looking for a specific quote and Lou Williams gave it to her, but come on. Maybe she has to do it, but it really is a stupid question if you know who KD is lol

If Russ's "next question" was in protest of how stupid and pointless postgame press conferences are (and not about a reporter that his stubborn ass doesn't like and can't control), then I'd respect it. 

Has anything really meaningful ever come from a press conference? Occasionally, LeBron will recite play-by-play for a handful of plays in a row, and the national media creams their pants, and that's considered "good."

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If Russ's "next question" was in protest of how stupid and pointless postgame press conferences are (and not about a reporter that his stubborn ass doesn't like and can't control), then I'd respect it. 

Has anything really meaningful ever come from a press conference? Occasionally, LeBron will recite play-by-play for a handful of plays in a row, and the national media creams their pants, and that's considered "good."

That depends on your definition of good. I think for everyone at that press conference, and for everyone at home, they got a nice little laugh out of that response. 

But yes, the idea of a press conference in 2019 is pretty ridiculous. Now that newspapers are out dated, and with Twitter and other social media, there’s no reason to have press conferences other than to make people “face the music” after they’ve fucked up in a game. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
4 hours ago, ztejas said:
Bev and KD had a big embrace when they were shaking hands and all that. I think they definitely respect each other and didnt have any hard feelings.

KD to LAC????

KD to Houston after this series :)