New York Assembly Votes for Free College

Kyle

for children of illegal immigrants but deny it for children of veterans.

"The Assembly’s Higher Education Committee voted 15 to 11 to hold the bipartisan bill, effectively ending its chances of making it to a floor vote this session. The move comes a week after lawmakers passed a $175 billion state budget that included $27 million to provide college tuition aid for undocumented immigrants ... Four Democrats, including Assemblyman Al Stirpe, D-Cicero, split with their party and voted against holding the bill in committee."

I definitely need some of you guys to snowsplain this to me.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

You might want to read the articles. If you did, you would realize pretty quickly that the NY version of the DREAM Act does not provide free tuition for college.

You might want to stick to race baiting cinque. More your style.

Who's gonna explain to Trump the citizenship status, as far as higher education in-state tuition goes, of Puerto Ricans trying to attend Lehman College.  

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

You might want to read the articles.

Since when does a right winger have to read something to have an opinion about it?  The ACA, etc.

Secondly, Kyle can't read.  He won't know what that article says unless Tucker Carlson reads it on air.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Since when does a right winger have to read something to have an opinion about it?  The ACA, etc.

Secondly, Kyle can't read.  He won't know what that article says unless Tucker Carlson reads it on air.

Yeah usually they have to wait till it's passed before finding our what's in it. to have an opinion about. That was good enough for Nancy...

Yeah usually they have to wait till it's passed before finding our what's in it. to have an opinion about. That was good enough for Nancy...

Unlike the tax bill, and trumps new health care plan.....it is only going to cost $15 a month and cover more. Maybe Mexico will subsidize it.

So here is a simple challenge. Usually, an assertion is backed up by evidence. So, if I misread the article or am incorrect, point it out. I am 100% open to being incorrect. The article is pretty clear. If I misread it, instead going tribal formulate a counter argument. It's like freshman debate - can anyone make a point or just ad hom? Why waste your time posting - spend that time formulating a thought. Otherwise you just feed the point that the Left is all emotion and no logic.

• Fuck You 1

no, this is like you insisting that the mariners won last night's baseball game, and when pointed out that you've completely fucked it up, you claim that others need to make the argument that the astros fucking won instead. not our fault you can't read a goddamn box score.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, elfenix said:

no, this is like you insisting that the mariners won last night's baseball game, and when pointed out that you've completely fucked it up, you claim that others need to make the argument that the astros fucking won instead. not our fault you can't read a goddamn box score.

You're just literally a fucking retard that cannot think for herself.

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

So here is a simple challenge. Usually, an assertion is backed up by evidence. So, if I misread the article or am incorrect, point it out. I am 100% open to being incorrect. The article is pretty clear. If I misread it, instead going tribal formulate a counter argument. It's like freshman debate - can anyone make a point or just ad hom? Why waste your time posting - spend that time formulating a thought. Otherwise you just feed the point that the Left is all emotion and no logic.

The article is quite clear. You're just illiterate. @David Dennison already pointed out to you how and you accused him of race baiting.

The so-called Dream Act will ensure that New York children will have the same access to state loans and grants no matter their legal status as American citizens. To be eligible, a person must have a New York high school diploma or the equivalent or meet the requirements for in-state tuition.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, Kyle said:

for children of illegal immigrants but deny it for children of veterans.

"The Assembly’s Higher Education Committee voted 15 to 11 to hold the bipartisan bill, effectively ending its chances of making it to a floor vote this session. The move comes a week after lawmakers passed a $175 billion state budget that included $27 million to provide college tuition aid for undocumented immigrants ... Four Democrats, including Assemblyman Al Stirpe, D-Cicero, split with their party and voted against holding the bill in committee."

I definitely need some of you guys to snowsplain this to me.

You're FC Horn.  Not Swam or Clear Lake.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:10 PM, DanRydell said:

The article is quite clear. You're just illiterate. @David Dennison already pointed out to you how and you accused him of race baiting.

It seems pretty likely most of them will be getting free tuition, as well as some living costs. Or, I don't know, do most illegals come from money?

Edited by Thetexashammer

It seems pretty likely most of them will be getting free tuition, as well as some living costs. Or, I don't know, do most illegals come from money?

Are you under the impression that New York state gives free tuition to all students who don’t come from money?

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

Are you under the impression that New York state gives free tuition to all students who don’t come from money?

Yeah, pretty much. Are you under the impression they charge people who don't have the ability to pay? How exactly are they supposed to enroll when they have no money?

Edited by Thetexashammer

6 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Yeah, pretty much. Are you under the impression they charge people who don't have the ability to pay? How exactly are they supposed to enroll when they have no money?

They're supposed to either not enroll, take out loans, or find other sources of scholarships/grants, just like students in the other 49 states.

New York's need-based tuition assistance program (TAP) has a maximum award of $5,165 per year. A dependent student whose parents make a combined $20k per year would receive $3,945 through TAP.

Tuition at SUNY schools is $6,870 per year.

26 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

They're supposed to either not enroll, take out loans, or find other sources of scholarships/grants, just like students in the other 49 states.

New York's need-based tuition assistance program (TAP) has a maximum award of $5,165 per year. A dependent student whose parents make a combined $20k per year would receive $3,945 through TAP.

Tuition at SUNY schools is $6,870 per year.

How does this relate to federal based tuition assistance? This is in addition to that, right?