On 8/21/2023 at 8:25 PM, Deej said:

House members ranked, IMO...

Lazlo

Colin Robinson

Nandor

Nadja

Gizmo

Nadja doll

If we're talking just the last couple of seasons, I move Nandor ahead of Colin Robinson. Colin has lost a bit off his fastball (especially baby colin robinson) while Nandor has been killing it lately. 

On 8/25/2023 at 8:09 PM, DixonHur said:

I wish they would feature Baron more.  He's awesome.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

This may be the best season yet imo.

It's amsuing to me - after a recent rewatch of the pilot episode, how they were terrified of the Baron in the pilot episode because he had commanded them to go to the New World and conquer it for vampires, and they had instead farted around and got wrapped up in local stuff and inter-personal drama and just settled into some kind of domesticated American existence, along with interacting with the neighbors.

And the last episode (and a few with him before that) shows that the Baron did exactly what they did - farted around and settled into some kind of domesticated situation in America, complete with a partner and a dog, and interacting with the neighbors.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 8:25 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Generally a solid list but it’s like Nandor is clearly #1 and you’re Kirk Bowels 

On 8/28/2023 at 8:13 AM, BigOrange1 said:

nandor is my favorite.  can't wait to see how they resolve the storyline when he finds out guillermo had derek turn him.

"you made a fart in my coffin"

yeah, Nandor is my fav as well...for some reason his accent alone just kills me, makes everything he says ten times funnier 🤣

this show is so fucking genius and absolutely hysterical and barely anybody i know irl watches it... those that do were turned on to it by me. hell, i wouldn't even be watching if it weren't for you assholes! 😁 

excellent season, criminally short.

• Hook 'Em 1

What I love the most about this show is the unpredictability of the things happening all at once (The Colin Robinson being interesting and The Pride Parade episode were two of the best imo of the series and there was just so much happening.) I also love that the cast is tight/very close and they love what they are doing and it shows. They love working together. Totally stoked bc I never really know where the show is going or how they will top the previous year and they always manage to do that. My only complaint I guess would be that they misuse Nadja. Like she was great teaching the American assimilation night class and trying to rescue Gizmo from the Familiar Urgent Care. But then they stick her in these unfunny bits like the Donut lady skit. It’s a minor complaint. I’d have like to see a more Laszlo centric episode but loving what they are doing with Nandor. But I’ve loved Nandor since “creepy paper.” It will be such a long time I’m guessing before a new season bc of the ongoing strike which seems to have no end in sight. I’m guessing this production doesn’t qualify for any exemptions like some of the other movies and series that were either granted an exemption or qualify bc non-union type of thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why would a writer or actor strike affect an unscripted documentary series?

The world would be a much better place if it were real life. Be a much better place with lazy petty vampires that Seinfeld around making a big deal about the smallest thing. That would be fantastic if they were not characters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

hat I love the most about this show is the unpredictability of the things happening all at once (The Colin Robinson being interesting and The Pride Parade episode were two of the best imo of the series and there was just so much happening.)

And them having to take over the newscast out of nowhere.  Like Nandor fucks up really bad so they all pitch in, either out of love for Nandor or self-preservation, and they are just winging it in the news studio.

• Hook 'Em 1

I love that Lazlo and Nandor are hundreds of years old but still basically adolescent boys

In the beginning of Episode 2 in Season 5 while discussing Nandor's proclivity for using hypnosis we get the following exchange:

Nandor: I don't do that

Lazlo: You do do that

Nandor: You said doodoo

Lazlo: Touché

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Fucking Spectrum. Now I can't steam the show on my computer or watch the FX Channel because of some contract dispute with Disney. Disney pulled all their Channels from fucking Spectrum. Now I guess I have to get Hulu to watch the show. Dammit. 

If you have the StarWars/Marvel/Disney channel, it's only like $2 extra a month, worth it for this and Solar Opposites.

All in all, pretty solid ending to a good season. Has Kristen Schaal ,the Guide, always been in the credits? I typically DVR the show (yes I’m lame) so I don’t watch commercials and also can catch all the things happening in each episode. I saw the opening credits and didn’t realize they’d added her as part of the montage of vamps at the end. Or last night was first time I hadn’t fast forwarded through them. 

also….

Spoiler

Derek….omg lmao. Yet another recurring character that winds up like the Baron and others to wind up in a worse situation by virtue of his association with the vampires. I mean they usually find some place for that character to go that makes it seem better than the life they had before their health/physical shit took a massive hit but still. Lmao.

• Hook 'Em 1

“What’s with the clip montage? Are we the Golden Girls now?” 

Gizmo (paraphrased): “All Derek spent of the money I gave him for turning me was $250. Mostly outfits at Hot Topic…” sorry not entirely accurate quote but getting ready to go to the airport and don’t have time to look up the exact quote. 

found actual quote as I’m in Uber on way to airport: “only spent like $250 on ‘vampire clothes’ that he got from Hot Topic.”

Edited by Nicole44
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 9:51 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Fucking Spectrum. Now I can't steam the show on my computer or watch the FX Channel because of some contract dispute with Disney. Disney pulled all their Channels from fucking Spectrum. Now I guess I have to get Hulu to watch the show. Dammit. 

Get a PS5, install all the streaming apps you want, everything looks amazing because PS5.

7 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

So like a Roku but not? It will have the FX app on there and then? I am not subscribed to Disney or Hulu so how would it allow me to stream it?

You can install just about any media app in the world on it.

You would have to subscribe. Dump Spectrum TV but keep internet.