What We Do In The Shadows (Show)

dogbreath

I've been binging this over the last week at my wife's insistence trying to get caught-up before S5. Too many lol moments to list, but I watched the Chamber of Judgement episode in S3 this afternoon and the unlicensed hellhound being a golden retriever had me rolling.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah very strong start. This show is so great. 

I think my favorite bit was Colin Robinson being the annoying restaurant server, lol. 

"Can I get that without the cheese..."

"Ooooh.... I'm gonna have to ask the chef..." 

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah very strong start. This show is so great. 

I think my favorite bit was Colin Robinson being the annoying restaurant server, lol. 

"Can I get that without the cheese..."

"Ooooh.... I'm gonna have to ask the chef..." 

I can't remember which thread it was in, but not too long ago there was a discussion of that really annoying fad where waiters would sit down with guests to take orders and then just saw Colin Robinson do that.

Wonderous.

• Hook 'Em 1

One minor detail that really amused me was when Guillermo and Derek went to see that elder vampire in New Jersey for advice, and there was that gargoyle behind the couch making a castle out of popsicle sticks and glue. It was genius.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bolverk said:

One minor detail that really amused me was when Guillermo and Derek went to see that elder vampire in New Jersey for advice, and there was that gargoyle behind the couch making a castle out of popsicle sticks and glue. It was genius.

That was the Baron and the Sire.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve been in little kid mode for the last two seasons and they’ve felt a bit off to me. I think that’s largely just me being totally drained watching one episode at a time, but both so far this season had me rolling. Lazlo telling the mall kiosk lady (and in the next episode, the cops) to fuck off - simple but effective. The set up for this season is already great.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Lazlo telling the mall kiosk lady (and in the next episode, the cops) to fuck off - simple but effective. The set up for this season is already great.

Coppers, Fuck off

Yes Sir, thank you Mr Selleck.

• Haha 2

can't decide how I feel about the neighbor crew stealing a cop car and firing a gun wildly into the air. I mean, they are for sure caricatures and aren't super grounded characters, but all of the cartoon shit that happened in that episode up until the hypnotizing was 100% them - throwing each other through a window, stealing a cop car/handcuffing a cops feet together, firing a gun wildly into the air

17 hours ago, Celery Man said:

That was a top ten episode. And good for Nandor.

Maybe a top five.  Lazlo desperately wanting to get out in the sunlight and to the beach, him experimenting on Guillermo, Nandor trying to impress Guillermo, Nadja's doll speed-dating, the whole Nadja/Nadja's Doll/Colin Robinson triangle, Nandor going into space, the gay pride rally/parade, wrapping up with Lazlo/Nadja banging Nadja's doll/Colin Robinson.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:12 PM, Celery Man said:

Lazlo telling the mall kiosk lady (and in the next episode, the cops) to fuck off - simple but effective. The set up for this season is already great.

Kiosk girl: Excuse me, hi, would you like to sample a new scent?

Laszlo; No, fuck off, can't be sidetracked with cheap sex potions

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

He was on fire this episode.

The pervert with a heart.  He is without a doubt the lynchpin of this show.  As long as they keep Lazlo Lazlo this show will be great.  Everyone else has had a gimmick at some point.  Lazlo just stays the course, and it's a glorious thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2