2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If people can’t see they are jumping into harden it’s just being a hater. Remember when kawhi rolled his ankle because of getting where he lands taken away? 

Refs will come out and say “whoops we missed it” and next game same stuff.

Remember how Kawhi took a 2 pointer and landed behind the 3 point line, on ZaZas foot.  He literally went backwards.  The opposite motion of harden. 

But you can keep crying tho

6 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

And the Rockets should have shot even more free throws, what's your point? Harden isn't "trying to draw the foul" on any of these 3s. That's not why he's taking the shot. He's taking the 3 to make the fucking 3. He just also gets fouled a ton on them because it's hard to legitimately challenge the step back without jumping into where he is going to land. And he got fouled numerous times this game with no call.

You cannot kickout on a jumper to initiate contact. Not tough to understand. Forget Harden, this rule goes back to Jamal Crawford, and before that to Reggie Miller.

It's the refs discretion to decide that landing four whole feet in from of where you jumped out from isn't a natural shooting motion. People here seem to think you're supposed to stop two feet short of defenders because they might choose to lean forward on their landing?

Edited by satyanash

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well hey it was a honor getting to talk to a rich stud like you, I’m sure you’re just lounging around waiting for your private jet to take off. As you post on surly. Lol. 

Is it sadder that 78 is your birth year, or IQ/EQ?

4 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

It's not about seeing contact or being a "hater". It's about a guy who has spent almost his entire career trying to draw fouls with unnatural motions on every shot. That further pussifies the game of basketball well beyond it's already massively pussified state. It basically turns the game into a soccer flopping match. 

The rip-through rule might as well be named after him. It's definitely made the game better. 

On that last play, he jumps forward and flails his legs out. There's nothing natural about that shooting motion. Same as Draymond's nut shots of the past. 

Make the shot instead of trying to clown your way to the free throw line. 

Jesus christ, we need a middle ground between the 90s Knicks-Heat boxing matches where you had to get punched to shoot freethrows, and 60 total free throws a game for just flailing around on every shot. 

A refs job is to call a foul if it’s a foul, his job is to be objective from game to game without thinking about a players past or what was said to him or holding grudges. I’ll give you the last one as I rewatched it and he did kick his legs out, the other 3 in the first half were absolute fouls by klay. 

Either way, tip the cap, curry made a big shot and see you Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

A refs job is to call a foul if it’s a foul, his job is to be objective from game to game without thinking about a players past or what was said to him or holding grudges. I’ll give you the last one as I rewatched it and he did kick his legs out, the other 3 in the first half were absolute fouls by klay. 

Either way, tip the cap, curry made a big shot and see you Tuesday. 

I'm only taking about the last no call. Couple of the earlier ones were fouls. But so were other no-calls on Steph and KD driving. Then you also have some bad foul calls and it all evens out. 

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

Is it sadder that 78 is your birth year, or IQ/EQ?

Lol, tell us all again how rich and important you are! Or are you about to board your private jet? You have so much time on your hands being a wealthy, important mega poster on surly.

Man you are hitting the trifecta! Rich, important and you attack someone by saying they have a low IQ! . Hahahahaha 

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I'm only taking about the last no call. Couple of the earlier ones were fouls. But so were other no-calls on Steph and KD driving. Then you also have some bad foul calls and it all evens out. 

I’m not sure which non calls were on Steph or KD, the three non obvious calls would have been 9 free throws for harden in the first half.

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Nope, he made at least one of those 3 threes. 

Did he? Maybe so I remember the announcers bringing Javy on in the first half about how he got fouled 3 straight times by Klay and I don’t remember if he made one. Either way he would have had a 4 point play and 6 free throws so if you are right that’s a possible 10 point swing.

• Like 1

Harden wasn't even seriously trying to make that last three, he was looking to be bailed out with a foul the whole time. He tried his best to sell it and the refs told him to go fuck himself. 

He pushed off on Draymond with his off hand on that last three point attempt anyway. 

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

You cannot kickout on a jumper to initiate contact. Not tough to understand. Forget Harden, this rule goes back to Jamal Crawford, and before that to Reggie Miller.

It's the refs discretion to decide that landing four whole feet in from of where you jumped out from isn't a natural shooting motion. People here seem to think you're supposed to stop two feet short of defenders because they might choose to lean forward on their landing? 

The last one with Draymond was the least clear of the four but I think it was still a foul. The three on Klay in the first half were all blatant and not even arguable.

6 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Nope, he made at least one of those 3 threes. 

One of the four no-calls in the first half. Also, it was changed to a flagrant from a past Warrior game where they injured the star player, Kawaii, on the other team doing that shit. Sound familiar? 

4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

One of the four no-calls in the first half. Also, it was changed to a flagrant from a past Warrior game where they injured the star player, Kawaii, on the other team doing that shit. Sound familiar? 

Watch where Kawhi jumps vs where he lands, and see how familoar it is to Harden

https://streamable.com/j2t0eAa

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Did he? Maybe so I remember the announcers bringing Javy on in the first half about how he got fouled 3 straight times by Klay and I don’t remember if he made one. Either way he would have had a 4 point play and 6 free throws so if you are right that’s a possible 10 point swing.

It was four times he got undercut in the first half. 3 times by Klay. Zero fouls or techs called. Gonna have to get some crutches ready if the Warriors are allowed to jump under three point shooters again.

He actually jumped around and cried about this foul call after the play, just like the current Warriors, constantly crying. Iggy grabbed Hardens arm while shooting, got called for the foul, and cried and screamed.

Teams have figured out how to stop Capela's lobs.  I'd like to see stats of his dunks compared to last year.

PJ Tucker has no value. 

why the fuck did Faried not play?

i don't have too much anger towards the refs, the Rox got some calls too.

the court needs to be widened. 

F Kobe 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

PJ Tucker has no value.

Is this the first Rockets game you've watched this season? Tucker was invisible on offense tonight but he played good D and had 4 steals. He scored 12 a game just last series against Utah shooting 43% from 3 and playing good D. He has a ton of value for the Rockets but occasionally has a game where he doesn't make any shots that looks pretty bad on offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

Is this the first Rockets game you've watched this season? Tucker was invisible on offense tonight but he played good D and had 4 steals. He scored 12 a game just last series against Utah shooting 43% from 3 and playing good D. He has a ton of value for the Rockets but occasionally has a game where he doesn't make any shots that looks pretty bad on offense.

he's too small.  Is Faried dead? 

8 minutes ago, Zavala said:

It was four times he got undercut in the first half. 3 times by Klay. Zero fouls or techs called. Gonna have to get some crutches ready if the Warriors are allowed to jump under three point shooters again.

He actually jumped around and cried about this foul call after the play, just like the current Warriors, constantly crying. Iggy grabbed Hardens arm while shooting, got called for the foul, and cried and screamed.

What exactly do you want the defender to do? Harden is clearly jumping forward. Doesn’t the defender have just as much right to a spot as the offensive guy? I’m glad they didn’t call this bs

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

What exactly do you want the defender to do? Harden is clearly jumping forward. Doesn’t the defender have just as much right to a spot as the offensive guy? I’m glad they didn’t call this bs

Hahaha umm no that’s not how it works. JFC it’s clear fouls and even a ex nba ref, the announcers, the halftime analysts in jalen rose and Paul pierce all said those were clear fouls and it wasn’t even close. 

No defender has the same right as a offensive player when a offensive player is in the air shooting, you have to give them a place to land or everyone would be blowing out knees and rolling ankles.

• Like 1

So any defensive contact on a offensive player going towards the basket in the air should be allowed?

So, just so we're clear, mostly everyone is okay with the no call on Harden's last 3 and the no call when Livingston contested Paul? Plays that resulted in 3 technical fouls and a bad turnover off an offensive rebound. But it's those 3 no calls in the first half that cost the Rockets the game? Got it.

And the bad call that took a well-rested Steph off the court in the 4th when they had a great chance to increase the lead had no bearing? Shit always goes both ways you fucking loons.

Just remember how much Houston is going to emphasize these calls publicly when Steph is shooting as many free throws as Harden next game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hahaha umm no that’s not how it works. JFC it’s clear fouls and even a ex nba ref, the announcers, the halftime analysts in jalen rose and Paul pierce all said those were clear fouls and it wasn’t even close. 

No defender has the same right as a offensive player when a offensive player is in the air shooting, you have to give them a place to land or everyone would be blowing out knees and rolling ankles.

So you have to stand back and allow the shooter to drain threes in you’re face in order to account for the possibility that he jumps forward and makes contact with you? This is silly. I don’t care what the ex nba ref has to say honestly. It’s a stupid rule and whining about not being bailed out by silly disingenuous fouls is embarrassing tbh 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

So any defensive contact on a offensive player going towards the basket in the air should be allowed?

What are you even asking? If you make contact with the offensive guy it’s a foul. That’s not what we’re talking about here. We’re talking about allowing a shooter who’s jump forward and flopping to land.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

So, just so we're clear, mostly everyone is okay with the no call on Harden's last 3 and the no call when Livingston contested Paul? Plays that resulted in 3 technical fouls and a bad turnover off an offensive rebound. But it's those 3 no calls in the first half that cost the Rockets the game? Got it.

Livingston fouled Paul on the wrist on the shot so the closeout is irrelevant, but yeah, that one could have been a foul just like the Draymond one. That seemed to get missed due to the other non calls but it was a foul.

There were tons of things that happened to cause the final result of the game. Most of the ref related ones went in the Warriors' favor.

Whenever the refs haven't been giving me even legit undercut fouls, and I need 3 points late in the game, I make sure to do the silliest looking jump forward 3 feet and kick my leg out shot, instead of just shooting the shot with my normal form.

Sorry, yeah you got robbed on some stuff, and they got robbed on some stuff but probably less, but that last shot was stupid. Game on the line it's not  time to rely on the kindness of refs. Hell let Gordon or Paul shoot it if that's all you got.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I wanted to watch a competitive series, but if this is the discussion we're going to get, then give me blowouts for the rest of the matchup so neutral fans don't have to deal with this garbage on every NBA thread.

Preach. Playoffs turns the basketball board into a shit show every year

I’m not sure why you posted that at me, I’ve already said I have no issue woth a no call on the last play with green. The other 3 in the first half against klay were 100% fouls. At halftime I believe they even drew a red line on the screen to show how harden went straight up and down and klay ran into him.