2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

25 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I have him number 2 as well. That said I think AD is proving he’s the best player in the league during this series and playoffs.

He's great but he is still dependent on LBJ to completely fulfill his potential as witnessed in game 3.    If they dont go to him he can be limited.

10 minutes ago, d2o said:

He's great but he is still dependent on LBJ to completely fulfill his potential as witnessed in game 3.    If they dont go to him he can be limited.

Yea I was having this discussion with someone yesterday about AD. I legitimately think he’s the “best” player in the league at this point but he, whether because of his personality or what, but he needs another guy. It’s just strange because he has all the tools on both sides of the ball to be that guy.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I was having this discussion with someone yesterday about AD. I legitimately think he’s the “best” player in the league at this point but he, whether because of his personality or what, but he needs another guy. It’s just strange because he has all the tools on both sides of the ball to be that guy.

I hear ya but that is exactly why he isn't the best player.   He's uber talented on both ends of the floor but he has way too many times where he kinda disappears unless he is specifically fed the ball.    

14 minutes ago, d2o said:

All of these discussions are tired but I think this one is tit for tat. They wouldn't be shit without Davis out there. He's their best scorer, best Orebounder, best defender - he's what pushes them over the top. 

They need LeBron for everything to work and mesh together, but they need Davis to be a real, dangerous championship squad. 

Which is just a roundabout way of saying they're both great players and have maybe been the 2 best in the NBA this playoffs (Luka would be my only counter probably).

5 minutes ago, d2o said:

has way too many times where he kinda disappears unless he is specifically fed the ball.    

It's really easy to feed a guy the ball, though. It doesn't take LeBron to figure that out and I feel like you're acting like it does.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

It's really easy to feed a guy the ball, though. It doesn't take LeBron to figure that out and I feel like you're acting like it does.

Agreed.    I dont quite understand why they go away from him for long stretches.   I also dont understand why he doesnt demand the ball more.

11 minutes ago, d2o said:

I hear ya but that is exactly why he isn't the best player.   He's uber talented on both ends of the floor but he has way too many times where he kinda disappears unless he is specifically fed the ball.    

100% fair and I don’t disagree. Maybe what I’m really saying is that when he’s on it he’s the best. Or has the potential to be. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

All of these discussions are tired but I think this one is tit for tat. They wouldn't be shit without Davis out there. He's their best scorer, best Orebounder, best defender - he's what pushes them over the top. 

They need LeBron for everything to work and mesh together, but they need Davis to be a real, dangerous championship squad. 

Which is just a roundabout way of saying they're both great players and have maybe been the 2 best in the NBA this playoffs (Luka would be my only counter probably).

Meh, I never said either would be at the level they are without the other (though LBJ has done that).    Just that LBJ is the better of the two at the moment due to the fact that he can be a little more "self sustained".    He defers to LBJ more than LBJ defers to him.   When you get to the level they are you're splitting hairs to call one better though.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

What the fuck does that have to do with 2020? Did you miss where I said gun to my head he's the 2nd greatest player ever? Go find a stump to argue to. 

The part you cherry picked is simply him doing what he always does. The rest is exactly what I told you before and why is Lebron is the better player. As the Heat have made adjustments, Davis looks a bit lost out there. He is getting pushed off the block. Allowing himself to be fronted. He SHOULD dominate any matchup every night, but he doesn't always bring it, and his physicality is lacking most nights.

53 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I think you have to give the Finals MVP to LBJ. 

Why not. Everything else in the NBA is geared towards marketing the LBJ franchise to China and the rest of the low information NBA-verse. . 

Heard they switched to the Mamba jerseys tonight rather than game 7. Gotta get that merchandizing money rolling. And LBJ is ready to leave the bubble.

TLDR: At least with the GSW, the NBA was behind the better product out on the floor. 

*Championship* to the Lakers tonight.

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I think you have to give the Finals MVP to LBJ.  He's almost averaging a triple double for the series.  Not to mention the intangibles he brings.

Kinda depends on who has the better game tonight.    The game 3 disappearing act by AD is hard to overcome.    LBJ didnt play great in that game but he was still more of a presence than AD.    AD was the better in the first 2 games and while LBJ was better in game 4 it was pretty close with AD's defensive presence.     Tonight would be tipping point.    Whoever is more impactful tonight would be MVP.     

You're just gonna have people whining if LBJ gets it even if he is amazing tonight as people just like to whine about him no matter what.    

All of this is dependent on them winning tonight of course.

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Why not. Everything else in the NBA is geared towards marketing the LBJ franchise to China and the rest of the low information NBA-verse. . 

Heard they switched to the Mamba jerseys tonight rather than game 7. Gotta get that merchandizing money rolling. And LBJ is ready to leave the bubble.

TLDR: At least with the GSW, the NBA was behind the better product out on the floor. 

I'm confused.   Are the Lakers not the "better product"?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Let me guess, this is your attempt to apply an asterisk to this championship.  first time caller, longtime listener, but tell me again how this bubble bullshit gave the Lakers an advantage over, say, having home court advantage throughout the playoffs?  I'll hang up and listen.

28 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Let me guess, this is your attempt to apply an asterisk to this championship.

Lebron pasted the asterisk - after losing a game 1 in the playoffs:  "I'm going to continue to say this, it's different. This is a game with no fans." And Lebron would never lie.

5+3>5  

-- NBA Algorithm

Edited by washparkhorn