Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Good grief, even if it is Evans (highly doubt that it is) then why should anyone believe his intentions? He's probably telling several programs what they want to hear and then will just show up wherever, and even then may not be allowed in if he's pulling the same crap he was during the fall. Remember that he can't sign another LOI and everyone has to trust his word which we all know is worthless.

This is the same kid who signed with Georgia then told LSU and aggy to keep recruiting him. IMHO there's a chance he doesn't even get to play this fall because of the bullshit he's pulled unless he goes aggy.

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Good grief, even if it is Evans (highly doubt that it is) then why should anyone believe his intentions? He's probably telling several programs what they want to hear and then will just show up wherever, and even then may not be allowed in if he's pulling the same crap he was during the fall. Remember that he can't sign another LOI and everyone has to trust his word which we all know is worthless.

This is the same kid who signed with Georgia then told LSU and aggy to keep recruiting him. IMHO there's a chance he doesn't even get to play this fall because of the bullshit he's pulled unless he goes aggy.

you are too deep into the herd to see the sheep sir

42 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Aggy literally, LITERALLY doesn't have room for him. They can't take him. 

Plus no one is playing football this fall. /ducks. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Aggy literally, LITERALLY doesn't have room for him. They can't take him. 

Plus no one is playing football this fall. /ducks. 

Ha, if he waits until the spring, they actually can take him 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You mean spring of 2021? Well..shit, I guess that is possible. 

I was mostly joking, but something I have been thinking about today now that there's more chatter about moving the season to something like January is its potential effect on the 2021 class. Perhaps they could move signing dates back, but early enrollees wouldn't see any games before they enroll (the Brockermeyers are early enrolls, by the way). Something else to consider; could early enrollees play in that spring semester, and if so, do they then count against the 85 man roster? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

I was mostly joking, but something I have been thinking about today now that there's more chatter about moving the season to something like January is its potential effect on the 2021 class. Perhaps they could move signing dates back, but early enrollees wouldn't see any games before they enroll (the Brockermeyers are early enrolls, by the way). Something else to consider; could early enrollees play in that spring semester, and if so, do they then count against the 85 man roster? 

Actually read a university president walking back that " no football,  till kids are back in school "   statement  yesterday. 

Implied it was an NCAA decision. that's too much money to F with. There will be football 

11 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Actually read a university president walking back that " no football,  till kids are back in school "   statement  yesterday. 

Implied it was an NCAA decision. that's too much money to F with. There will be football 

Would they make more money in the fall than in the spring? 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I probably did not. It’s easy for me to say that with confidence since Jordan Shipley played every single game, every single one of his 4 playing years at Texas. 

It was all of those "non-playing" years that I was referring to, but you knew that already.

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Holy shit, it's Barron

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Oh shit, that explains the hush-hushness of it all. I'd take him in a second.

I mean, I refuse to just assumptively put this motherfucker in our class. But if it is him, holy shit, that is a hell of a fucking snag at a huge fucking need position for us. Particularly one where we've been sucking tailpipe in state for 2021. Decent enough size and a sub 11 100 meter time. Fuck yes. 

What do his rivals and ESPN rankings look like, since 247 obviously thinks he's the shit. 

• Like 3

I'm puzzled that Aranda would let him out of his NLI. Does Aranda:

1.) Suck at recruiting/keeping his players?

2.) Knows something about Barron that Ash doesn't?

3.) See something about Barron he doesn't like?

Alternatively, does Barron not know about Aranda's accomplishments as a defensive coach?

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Could also explain why, according to TFB, Texas turned down a defensive commitment for 2021. Could have been a CB that they told to hold off

Any speculation to who that '21 defensive commitment was?

Edited by UDontKnow

Just now, UDontKnow said:

I'm puzzled that Aranda would let him out of his NLI. Does Aranda:

1.) Suck at recruiting/keeping his players?

2.) Knows something about Barron that Ash doesn't?

3.) See something about Barron he doesn't like?

Alternatively, does Barron not know about Aranda's accomplishments as a defensive coach?

Assume it's tied to Rhule pushing for early signatures and telling everyone he had no plans to leave.  But of course as your name confirms, I don't know shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

500 Internet Points to whoever does the best Looch impression about how he doesn't care and it doesn't matter but he's a Big XII player anyway and it just shows the kind of dirty tricks they play up in Austin.

100000000% certainty chin pubes mentions Bru McCoy in his inevitable article while simultaneously chest thumping about the aggy DB haul