Bridge collapse in Taiwan

Longhorn_Fan68

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

That truck *almost* made it!  Almost.

Remember one of the Gulf War I videos General  Schwartzkoff  narrated... showing the “luckiest guy in Baghdad”  driving a truck across the big bridge right before a smart bomb blew it to smithereens? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Y'all are doing that kinda racist thing where you try to be clever with east asian "words" that mean something in English?

Cool John Oliver GIF - Cool JohnOliver GIFs

Welcome to Surly (you are almost 2,000 posts into this version of the board) - does this really surprise you?

Sure the pedestrians seem unimpressed, but you should wait to see if any of the people on boats tied to the bridge survive to see what they have to say.

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

Welcome to Surly (you are almost 2,000 posts into this version of the board) - does this really surprise you?

Sure the pedestrians seem unimpressed, but you should wait to see if any of the people on boats tied to the bridge survive to see what they have to say.

Oh, I'm not surprised. I just think it's an awkward, not-particularly-clever, racist thing people do and I'm being a snarky asshole about it. The tired ass "we're all assholes" schtick doesn't have to include racist memes. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Oh, I'm not surprised. I just think it's an awkward, not-particularly-clever, racist thing people do and I'm being a snarky asshole about it. The tired ass "we're all assholes" schtick doesn't have to include racist memes. 

Maybe you just need a drink. 😁

10 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I agree it's a slippery slope and a definite chink in our character. We should be caned for our disrespect.

10 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I think we just found who lives close to hookem2010