Jump to content
Kermit

San Antonio Spurs 2019-2020 season thread: Just here for the HEB commercials

Recommended Posts

4th qtr was poetry.

Poetry by a long  term lead paint chomping pica-inclined youth after his Ben Carson split the brain in half surgery.

The 2019/20 SAS -> Puttin' on the Ritz.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be a lonnnng season. At this point, the whole is not greater than the sum of the parts and that is not Spurs basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A change must happen with Pop or this team will fail to make the playoffs.  He needs to stop playing low ceiling vets more than our top young talent.  Forget what he's doing to our highest pick since Tim Duncan by leaving him in Siberia.  His failure to play our best two players together is a failure in any type of coaching or strategy.  Maybe there's a plan we're not privy to, but somehow..... I doubt it.  Bryn Forbes plays more minutes per game than DJM and White.  It's ludicrous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belinelli is essentially garbage at this point. No defense and now not hitting shots. Gay's regression is a little surprising. I'm still curious why Pop hates Lonnie. He's a plus athlete who probably protects the ball as well as Derozan at a minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Pop Extreme style. I, however, am ready for the next chapter if this is what the end is going to look like. I can’t watch this shit and muster up enough emotion to care. It’s a waste of time if they’re going to keep trotting out the corpse of Marco and whoever else is slow, old, and over the hill. If the plan is to lose fan interest, maintain the status quo (can’t even claim to be doing that anymore), and not develop the young players, they’re doing a bang up job. Poor Tim having to watch this shit night after night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kermit said:

Poor Tim having to watch this shit night after night. 

He ain’t poor, and he doesn’t have to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XYZ said:

He ain’t poor, and he doesn’t have to watch.

I guess he can close his eyes on the baseline and take a nap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 10:08 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

A change must happen with Pop or this team will fail to make the playoffs.  He needs to stop playing low ceiling vets more than our top young talent.  Forget what he's doing to our highest pick since Tim Duncan by leaving him in Siberia.  His failure to play our best two players together is a failure in any type of coaching or strategy.  Maybe there's a plan we're not privy to, but somehow..... I doubt it.  Bryn Forbes plays more minutes per game than DJM and White.  It's ludicrous.

 

Pop is a coaching failure with no plan. Got it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody wanting to watch with Google Fiber on FSSW in Austin?  All year the guide has said Spurs, but we get Stars, Mavs, and tonight fucking TCU.  They claim it's been reported multiple times and are waiting for the provider to fix.  Anybody with this problem call and maybe somebody will get it to go the right people to fix.  Yes I can stream and cast to TV but it's not great and doesn't allow for channel flipping back and forth very well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach Lowe talked about the Spurs on his podcast today. He's also surprised certain lineups aren't being played. He thinks they should trade DD, or at least explore it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PantsTent said:

Anybody wanting to watch with Google Fiber on FSSW in Austin?  All year the guide has said Spurs, but we get Stars, Mavs, and tonight fucking TCU.  They claim it's been reported multiple times and are waiting for the provider to fix.  Anybody with this problem call and maybe somebody will get it to go the right people to fix.  Yes I can stream and cast to TV but it's not great and doesn't allow for channel flipping back and forth very well.

 

Yeah, I've got the same problem. My FSSW is the Dallas feed instead of the CenTex feed. Google gave me the same answer they gave you. They had the same problem for awhile last year and it got corrected after a few weeks. Annoying. I've been using the FS Go app and casting to the fiber box, which works reasonably well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AT&T TV has always had Dallas and OKC as their channels here in the Austin area. I just figured it was due to AT&T licking asshole. Calling them isn’t going to change a goddamn thing other than increasing my bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Zach Lowe talked about the Spurs on his podcast today. He's also surprised certain lineups aren't being played. He thinks they should trade DD, or at least explore it.

I'd love it but not sure what he would bring us in return. Still can't help but wonder how things would be if Kawhi had stayed in SA. God, we'd be trucking fools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'd love it but not sure what he would bring us in return. 

Addition by subtraction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not getting hopes up for a demarr trade that is a net positive.   Only chances for a good trade are some disgruntled all star demanding a trade.  Or, spurs decide to go into rebuild mode

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'd love it but not sure what he would bring us in return. Still can't help but wonder how things would be if Kawhi had stayed in SA. God, we'd be trucking fools.

Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to see the Spurs ship DeRozan off for a serviceable Wing. It would free up the logjam at the 2 and give the Spurs some help in the front court. DeRozan will have a game where he legitimately looks the part of a star, then he'll have a game like he did against the Lakers where you ask what the fuck is this clown doing every other possession. I know the Spurs and DeRozan's camp were unsuccessfully engaged in extension talks, but PLEASE do not allow that to happen. Hell, can the Spurs ship him back to Toronto?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 6:47 PM, Chad said:

Would love to see the Spurs ship DeRozan off for a serviceable Wing. It would free up the logjam at the 2 and give the Spurs some help in the front court. DeRozan will have a game where he legitimately looks the part of a star, then he'll have a game like he did against the Lakers where you ask what the fuck is this clown doing every other possession. I know the Spurs and DeRozan's camp were unsuccessfully engaged in extension talks, but PLEASE do not allow that to happen. Hell, can the Spurs ship him back to Toronto?

Agreed.

DeRozan does very little for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cajun said:

Agreed.

DeRozan does very little for me.

I want to see Pop and RC go against their typical blueprint and go all in on the younger guys at G. Dumping off DeRozan and Marco would be a dream come true. I was never a fan of DeRozan in the first place, but I wanted him to do well here. He doesn't fit in with Pop's philosophy in any way, shape or form and he's so out of place when he plays the 3. I wanted the Spurs to land Taurean Prince, he would've fit in nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team is fucking awful right now.

edit: I will say that Rudy has played his ass off this season.

Edited by Kermit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Is nobody watching this shit? 

Yeah. Unfortunately. Shit is too good a word for what just happened.

Edited by Kermit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Tony deal last night was pretty good. Usually those things are rather drawn out and boring, but I thought it was better than Tim's or Manu's.

I tend to forget how good Tony really was at his peak.  Also overlooked is how hard that guy worked to make himself into a great player. He couldn't shoot outside of 15 feet for the first half of his career. He wasn't a natural passer with an innate feel for the game. But he worked his ass off and learned how to do those things. Also, that fucker could use his speed to get anywhere he wanted to on the court and I can't recall anybody his size who could finish in the paint in traffic as well as he did. He was uncanny in that regard.

I don't think Parker was ever as beloved as Tim and Manu, but I don't think you could have asked for anything more out of him -- except maybe not fucking Erin Barry and calling Kawhi out publicly but nobody's perfect. 

Man... what a run those three had. We won't ever see anything like that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son saw the highlights of Parker's jersey being raised and asked if he had retired.  For some reason it really hit me hard that the Big Three are all retired now and it really is over.  It may be years before the Spurs are ever really in the title chase again, if ever again in my lifetime, given the challenges of small market teams competing.  Tony Parker was big part of 4 championships (maybe not so much 2003, but we don't get there without him) and I will be forever grateful for and appreciative of his career in SA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are truly lucky to have experienced one of the greatest runs in sports history by a great group of guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't expect LaMarcus to look this bad to open the season. I know he's getting older, but at 6'11" and 32 mpg, he needs to be getting more than 6.1 rebounds per game. It's a career low and it's not even close. I'm surprised that he's shooting about his average in SA right now (51%), but if he's not going to hustle and work down low, then our ceiling is what we are right now. Middling 40-win team.

The sooner we move on from DDR the better. And we need Dejounte to be cleared asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the notification on my phone and couldn't help but crack a smile.  I have doubt that it actually happens but please let this be true! I was never a big fan of the addition but had hopes for him that just hadn't panned out.  He doesn't really fit Pop's system or really any system in today's game, it's time to move in a different direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...