2020 Dems: Nevada (gonna make Iowa look competent!)

bad_teammate

4 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

I hope he picks Omar so conservatives heads fucking explode

She wasn't born a US Citizen so she's ineligible. I'd kill to see her though because probably a good 10% of MAGA shitheads would die anger induced heart attacks.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Still trying to decide between Biden or Bloomberg for the first round.

I’m looking at electability folks and I still think Bernie is too liberal, but if the party chooses him, I’ll go with it.

Did you...did you see Bloomberg in the debate?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

When Bern loses to Trump, will the Bernie Bros self ban themselves from this site?

Bernie currently has 54.2% of the CCD (whatever the fuck kind of delegate metric that is) and you were the guy who kept saying he can't win because he isn't getting enough people coalescing behind him. Now you've just straight up moved onto whatever numbers he gets he'll just lose to Trump?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

I really do wonder the motivations of the union leaders to go against the interests of their own workers. I'm not familiar, do they get some kickbacks for maintaining the status quo?

By no means am I an expert in unions, but as I understand it leadership is, above all else, trying to preserve the existence of the union. A major benefit of union membership is a good healthcare plan; if a good healthcare plan is available to literally everyone, then the union can no longer use that as a selling point for membership. Thus leadership sees single-payer healthcare as a threat and tries to scare its members into thinking M4A is against their best interest.

The counterargument is that if the union doesn't have to flex all of its muscle trying to negotiate for better healthcare, it can fight for better family leave time, more sick days, etc.

There's also this:

• Like 4

So now we’re doing the “MAGA tears!” thing?  Fuck that.  

Of course we are but you knew that was coming. These bros will rub it in everyone’s face. No coalition building just the ultra left approach that the ultra right approach takes.

The scary part is the anyone but Trump vote might make it look like a landslide mandate and then watch out. These fellas will crow and push everyone aside while they decide it’s their turn to pillage and burn it down their way.

Ugh.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Of course we are but you knew that was coming. These bros will rub it in everyone’s face. No coalition building just the ultra left approach that the ultra right approach takes.

The scary part is the anyone but Trump vote might make it look like a landslide mandate and then watch out. These fellas will crow and push everyone aside while they decide it’s their turn to pillage and burn it down their way.

Ugh.

Yes, I was 100% serious in that Ilhan Omar, a first term US rep, should be the VP for no other reason than spite and that no other person, even if more qualified and important, should be considered.

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Yes, I was 100% serious in that Ilhan Omar, a first term US rep, should be the VP for no other reason than spite and that no other person, even if more qualified and important, should be considered.

I thought you wanted Sanders to win?  He would have a better chance naming Harvey Weinstein as a VP candidate than Omar (if she were eligible).

• Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, troph said:

Ugh.

This is my biggest disappointment with Warren going full progressive.  I think she should have played the middle based on her past mixed with her penchant for being a hardass against pure shitbaggery.  There is so much obvious terrible shit coarsing through our government right now that there was no need to hang her hat on shit that 99% of the voting public really doesn't give two shits about.  Make your mark on the stuff everyone talks about, not the fringe crap.  Let the Bernie Bros howl about things that have no chance in hell of ever happening.

• Like 1

Stop flame baiting dude. This shIt REALLY matters. I’m not here to insult, hurt or demean anyone. That’s what’s wrong with political discourse today and a large reason why it’s totally broken. So if you want to be taken more seriously, stop with the sport of it. You can’t say this is really important stuff then turn around and make a game of it. When are y’all gonna see it? Grow up.

This is my biggest disappointment with Warren going full progressive.  I think she should have played the middle based on her past mixed with her penchant for being a hardass against pure shitbaggery.  There is so much obvious terrible shit coarsing through our government right now that there was no need to hang her hat on shit that 99% of the voting public really doesn't give two shits about.  Make your mark on the stuff everyone talks about, not the fringe crap.  Let the Bernie Bros howl about things that have no chance in hell of ever happening.

She’s the perfect alternative to Bernie and a progressive as well. She really is the substantive reformer that doesn’t want to burn it all down. It has well thought out plans that will make a huge difference and can achieve bipartisan support with enough votes behind her in the general. She’s not the best politician though and has tried to reinvent herself too many times.

Just now, troph said:

Stop flame baiting dude. This shIt REALLY matters. I’m not here to insult, hurt or demean anyone. That’s what’s wrong with political discourse today and a large reason why it’s totally broken. So if you want to be taken more seriously, stop with the sport of it. You can’t say this is really important stuff then turn around and make a game of it. When are y’all gonna see it. Grow up.

I'm sorry, are you seriously suggesting that we need to be nice to MAGA people? That was what my post was clearly about. Bernie literally was shit on because he suggested that Trump voters didn't vote exclusively on racism.

I'm sorry, are you seriously suggesting that we need to be nice to MAGA people? That was what my post was clearly about. Bernie literally was shit on because he suggested that Trump voters didn't vote exclusively on racism.

Yeah, I think being an asshole in relation to stuff that really matters is a bad way to go. That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying. You nailed it.

And this is coming from someone that is seen as the spawn of satan and the basis for every moral failure in America. If I can be civil, not make this a sport and be a half way decent human in politics then so can all you bros.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Looks like for me to get my desired November outcome, Sanders will have to pick Warren as his running mate, beat dotard then drop dead from a heart attack minutes after being sworn in.  Stranger things have happened.

I can get behind this. 

When do VP picks generally get announced? After they officially have the nomination right? 

8 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah, I think being an asshole in relation to stuff that really matters is a bad way to go. That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying. You nailed it.

And this is coming from someone that is seen as the spawn of satan and the basis for every moral failure in America. If I can be civil, not make this a sport and be a half way decent human in politics then so can all you bros.

To be clear, Ilhan Omar is a Muslim woman of color and you think that it's stupid to pick her as VP because she's too alienating? She is the only one who had the damn guts to stand up to Elliot Abrams for the massacres he helped orchestrate (e.g. El Mozote massacre) after he was freaking revived from the dead to deal with Venezuela. She, at least in my opinion, would be one of the best Vice Presidents we've ever had as a country to truly represent what the US's population really is.

Like I'm not sure of how familiar you are with her as a progressive representative, but anyone who is that Islamophobic isn't going to vote Democrat. If we want to argue about what she's done in terms of actual work then that's fine but it doesn't seem to me that you're suggesting this is dumb because she's inexperienced.

I'm not trying to be insensitive to who you are either, I know you live a much more difficult life than my white male cis-het ass. I'm just genuinely surprised as to what your reaction is here and I'm wondering if it has to deal with other posters on this site and less to do with Bernie's actual supporters.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 1

To be clear, Ilhan Omar is a Muslim woman of color and you think that it's stupid to pick her as VP because she's too alienating? She is the only one who had the damn guts to stand up to Elliot Abrams for the massacres he helped orchestrate (e.g. El Mozote massacre) after he was freaking revived from the dead to deal with Venezuela. She, at least in my opinion, would be one of the best Vice Presidents we've ever had as a country to truly represent what the US's population really is.
Like I'm not sure of how familiar you are with her as a progressive representative, but anyone who is that Islamophobic isn't going to vote Democrat. If we want to argue about what she's done in terms of actual work then that's fine but it doesn't seem to me that you're suggesting this is dumb because she's inexperienced.

Jesus dude no. It was the MAGA tears haha point at him make him cry make him bleed nonsense.

And by the way there are millions of progressives that aren’t DSA progressives dude.

Stop with the purity test because if you want to go toe to toe on it I’ll win that one with IRL activism.

What a massive beat down. I think I’m out. Like for a good while. Sucks because the news aggregator component and the discourse that isn’t a UFC match can be helpful for thinking through ideas. This place is a cesspool now though. Congrats, it’s yours.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Jesus dude no. It was the MAGA tears haha point at him make him cry make him bleed nonsense.

And by the way there are millions of progressives that aren’t DSA progressives dude.

Stop with the purity test because if you want to go toe to toe on it I’ll win that one with IRL activism.

We know troph. We read it the first time. You can go toe to toe with all of us. You are the best.

8 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm 100% behind Warren as VP and my plan all along was to vote for her or Bernie depending on who had the lead coming into Georgia. Also, Ilhan Omar would be a good VP and for the record she has never identified as a DSA, she is a progressive who isn't trying to label herself.

In fact here is a picture of me and my daughter taken by wife at a Warren rally in Lawrenceville, GA near where we live in the Atlanta suburbs not long after she announced before Bernie did, she smartly was trying to target the suburbs in Georgia where we could be a possible swing state. I know you don't know me, but to paint me as a stereotypical whatever Bro in one post where I'm am chastising the worst of the racist bigots that support Trump is strange to me coming from you.

IMG-20200222-222614-01.jpg

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 4