2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread -- News, Notes, Trades, etc

Reynolds Woodcock

so tomorrow's most meaningful games:

1. denver @ minnesota - obvious.  play in game.

2. utah @ portland - winner is the 3rd seed in the west.

3. milwaukee @ philly - a philly win gives them the 3 seed and the inside track to the ECF.

4. spurs @ pelicans - playoff positioning battle.

5. memphis @ okc - russ goes for 16 rebounds and back to back triple double seasons.

should be a fun finale in the association. 

It's going to be interesting to see how the Mbah a Moute injury affects the advanced stages of the playoffs. His defensive versatility was exactly what the Rockets needed against a Golden State. I think the Rockets can safely get to the WCF without him, but it's those kind of things that tilt a series adversely when you're going against a superteam.

2 hours ago, plvhorn said:

Anyone watching this rockets / lakers game? Lakers have a guy named Ingram playing on a 10 day contract. He's 32 years old and its his first career, NBA game. Played over 380 games in development and minor leagues. Dude drilled his first three pointer. Good for him. 

I saw on IG the moment when they called him up. Awesome stuff, made my day.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

It's going to be interesting to see how the Mbah a Moute injury affects the advanced stages of the playoffs. His defensive versatility was exactly what the Rockets needed against a Golden State. I think the Rockets can safely get to the WCF without him, but it's those kind of things that tilt a series adversely when you're going against a superteam.

With the injuries to the Warriors this season, I wouldn't be surprised if the don't make the WCF...

I'll take the Rox against the rest of the west, even my Thunder team that is at best very bipolar in nature this season...

9 hours ago, WJC88 said:

If his oldest son has a shot at the NBA, i think he will stick around. 

First father/son in the league at the same time i think will motivate him.

He's said he wants to stay until his son gets to the league.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Only 12 hrs away and I have zero faith anything good would happen for a Minnesota team.

I'm guessing Jamal Murray with some game winning shot or free throws

Even if Minnesota does make the playoffs, I’m not sure how getting swept in the first round is going to help their long term development.

Them, along with Milwaukee, are probably the two most disappointing teams of the 17-18 season.

Even if Minnesota does make the playoffs, I’m not sure how getting swept in the first round is going to help their long term development.

Them, along with Milwaukee, are probably the two most disappointing teams of the 17-18 season.

Just don't look at our away losses to all of the eastern conference lottery teams

The goal is to avoid Houston but whatever. They haven't been to the playoffs since my senior year in high school

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I submit Washington to the discussion

4 minutes ago, Kermit said:

My man has been raw dogging girls on the side. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer family. I fully expect him to average 20 and 10 in the playoffs.

Oh wow. hahahahahahahaha.   If it gets him out of playing like shit I'm all for it.

13 hours ago, plvhorn said:

Anyone watching this rockets / lakers game? Lakers have a guy named Ingram playing on a 10 day contract. He's 32 years old and its his first career, NBA game. Played over 380 games in development and minor leagues. Dude drilled his first three pointer. Good for him. 

Watched a bit of it last night, great story and loved the Bench’s reaction when he scored. 

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Watched a bit of it last night, great story and loved the Bench’s reaction when he scored. 

yeah, that was great all around.    They were having a ball when he scored.   He got a lot of opportunities too.  Scored 19.   Even some of the Rocket players were congratulating him before and after the game

10 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

I doubt it was contemplated in the tv contacts. ESPN has a game tonight, I wonder if they even had the option.

TV contracts always amaze me.  You'd think major sports leagues would build in the ability to swap in a marquee game that wasn't on the radar a month ago.  Reminds me of when CBS was the only station to play NCAA tourney games. 

27 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

TV contracts always amaze me.  You'd think major sports leagues would build in the ability to swap in a marquee game that wasn't on the radar a month ago.  Reminds me of when CBS was the only station to play NCAA tourney games. 

Agree, but to be fair, this game wasn't a certainty until late Monday night.  NFL does it very well with the Week 17 scheduled flex game.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

This should be TNT tonight.  Biggest game of the year for about 5 teams.

I doubt that a game, between the two traditional hoops hotbeds and major media markets of Minneapolis & Denver, to determine who gets swept in the first round is the biggest game of the year.  

For one team, their season ends tonight; for the other, in about 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

This should be TNT tonight.  Biggest game of the year for about 5 teams.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Its not about the gms as much as it is about the day.   TNT has Tuesday/Thursday gms.   ESPN has Wednesday/Friday gms.  Simple as that.