2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread -- News, Notes, Trades, etc

Reynolds Woodcock

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

I wouldn't put it past Lebron to intentionally lose this game  not give best effort so that he can be assured of not facing his bestie in the playoffs.

I also wouldn't pencil in Philly in the ECF just yet; I'll be interested to see how they cope when the game inevitably slows down.  They're at the best at a fast pace and a semifinal matchup against Boston (who will undoubtedly slow the game down) would be fascinating, even without Kyrie.

Intentionally lose? Do you even believe the shit you type?

13 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

phew..Wolves needed that win. It was a deadly combination, vs a team with reckless abandon like the Lakers on the second night of a road b2b.

Huge games tomorrow

Denver@LAC-

Blazers@Spurs

OKC@ Houston

Pelicans@GSW

This is insane. A really good team could be out of the playoffs in the next 2 games. 

Edited by Jhawk

OKC is likely to finish 1-2. They don't hold a single tie-breaker over the other 4 teams fighting for the last 4 spots. All 5 teams could be all even at 45-35 after tonight. With all of them playing on Monday and Wednesday.

Denver would eliminate the Clippers with a win tonight.

39 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

The question for OKC is more about how motivated the Rockets are, and how late Harden stayed out partying last night.

Denver winning @ LAC puts a lot of pressure on the Thunder tonight. Rockets need to do everyone a solid but we'll see how buddy buddy Harden/Russ & CP3/Melo are. would suck if they laid an egg to help out their friends

we could have 5 45-35 teams tonight if the right teams lose...Wolves can jump from 8th to 5th without stepping on the court

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

30 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Rockets need to do everyone a solid but we'll see how buddy buddy Harden/Russ & CP3/Melo are. would suck if they laid an egg to help out their friends

Safe to say that only a fool would bet tonight's game. Absolutely no idea how it will play out. CP3 may very well do his banana boat buddy a solid. Also safe to say that Houston wouldn't mind possibly helping OKC get the 7 seed at all, and dooming Golden State to an emotionally and physically draining series.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Sadly, I don't even think it was the worst call of this game. Paul George getting a foul called on him for having the audacity to let James Harden wrap his arm around his back on a layup "attempt" was horribad.

Harden commits an offensive foul pretty much every time he drives

Edited by d2o

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

KD with some big shots but also costly turnovers down the stretch.

This is his chance to prove that he's on LeBron's level. For the first time in a long while, he's on a team where if he doesn't play well, they lose. Period. Heck, even a few bad plays, and they lose. It's all on him. LeBron has dealt with that game-to-game pressure for all but ~3 years of his career. We'll see how KD handles it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Did the Rockets head coach and Michigan State football coach have a bastard child?

I often like to make jokes where the recipients of said "humor" don't understand the context and thus think I'm just a dumbass. It's part of my DNA. 

ESPN and others have a long history of calling Mark Dantonio "Mark D'antoni" and other such names. 

2 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I often like to make jokes where the recipients of said "humor" don't understand the context and thus think I'm just a dumbass. It's part of my DNA. 

ESPN and others have a long history of calling Mark Dantonio "Mark D'antoni" and other such names. 

Fair play. I forget you're an MSU fan.

7 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

okc has won one game against the rockets in which chris paul didn't play.  their fans love to talk about it like it makes them anything more than a spare ass team, but it doesn't.

good one, herb

james-harden12.jpg

Portland can only fall to 6. Either San Antonio or New Orleans will end the season with at least 35 loses. 

I have absolutely no idea though who owns the tiebreakers over whom for the potential 3, 4, 5, 6 teams.

Edited by aggie08

16 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

You can’t be that stupid

Meh, its a bit of hyperbole but he gives as much as he gets on his drives.    If you think that's stupid, you're Rockets fan or blind and either way I can't help you.

This is his chance to prove that he's on LeBron's level. For the first time in a long while, he's on a team where if he doesn't play well, they lose. Period. Heck, even a few bad plays, and they lose. It's all on him. LeBron has dealt with that game-to-game pressure for all but ~3 years of his career. We'll see how KD handles it.
Durant is nowhere close to Lebron. He never will be. He's desperately waiting until Curry comes back so he can go back to piggy backing on his play and success. It is why he went there in the first place. To just blend in to get some rings since that was never going to happen being one of the main guys.

50 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Durant is nowhere close to Lebron. He never will be. He's desperately waiting until Curry comes back so he can go back to piggy backing on his play and success. It is why he went there in the first place. To just blend in to get some rings since that was never going to happen being one of the main guys.

Your idea of the way that professional athletes operate and think is frighteningly childish. I’ve said it before, but there is literally no difference in the way you think/see the world and the way that a 13 year-old thinks/sees the world. And you’re 35. It’s embarrasing.

53 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

New site, same ol' shtick.

I wasn't knocking KD. I'm honestly curious, as a sports fan who enjoys watching greatness, how he responds to shouldering this large of a burden. 

He's already led a team to the Finals as the "main guy" and averaged 35 points a game as a kid in those Finals. He would have been back had he gotten any help in Game 7 of the 2016 WCF. And there was no doubt in last year's Finals that we were watching the two best basketball players on the planet. So he's already proven his greatness...it's just a little different when everything--the expectations and the tone--rests entirely on you, and your margin for error in nonexistent. I want to see Finals' MVP KD from Round 1, Game 1. They'll need it.