Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
horn4life

Flynn Walks.. DOJ drops case

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not real interested in defending Flynn, but Ok, so that maybe contradicts US policy at the time.  When it's going to change in about three weeks.

He’s telling them that they’re not going to be punished for interfering in the fucking election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

He’s telling them that they’re not going to be punished for interfering in the fucking election.

I don't read it that way.  Even so, that would have been and apparently was the Trump Admin policy, which although highly undesireable, was perfectly legal.

EZNmAyoWAAML8s9?format=png&name=small

Am I missing something?

Edited by TwiceHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stupid is as stupid does.

He admitted in court to lying. His defense was they didn’t think lying to the FBI was a crime. He said on record the FBI behaved appropriately as a matter of evidence. He accepted the plea.

He was prompted by the FBI to jog his memory during the interview so to avoid an “oops, I forgot.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't read it that way.  Even so, that would have been and apparently was the Trump Admin policy, which although highly undesireable, was perfectly legal.
EZNmAyoWAAML8s9?format=png&name=small
Am I missing something?

Flynn talks, like ya know, a teenage girl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Nivek said:


He admitted in court to lying. His defense was they didn’t think lying to the FBI was a crime. He said on record the FBI behaved appropriately as a matter of evidence. He accepted the plea.

He was prompted by the FBI to jog his memory during the interview so to avoid an “oops, I forgot.”

He never actually raised that as a defense.  His defense, post-plea, was basically prosecutorial misconduct, which sort of morphed into not material lies because improper investigation.

Wearing my lawyer hat, those transcripts don't move the needle on this either way.

Clearly a politically motivated dismissal.  I see no overwhelming evidence of either innocence or guilt.  A jury trial could have been a roll of the dice just like most others.  That he pled guilty instantaneously indicates a guilty conscience, or some overwhelming coercion that seemingly would have come out by now.

If you want to contend that he was laying the groundwork for Trumpco obfuscation and "treasonous" activity, I buy that 100%.  Don't see that that is illegal. Infuriating, given what we have learned, but not illegal.

I should point out that the information (indictment) and plea statement of facts indicate lies that those transcripts don't address.  Lies that werem't "I don't recall."

Edited by TwiceHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a never ending cover up with little to no consequences.  These fuckers don’t give a shit if they get caught because daddy will fix everything in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, TwiceHorn said:

He never actually raised that as a defense.  His defense, post-plea, was basically prosecutorial misconduct, which sort of morphed into not material lies because improper investigation.

 

From Wiki- Flynn's attorneys submitted a sentencing memo on December 11, 2018, requesting leniency and suggesting FBI agents had tricked him into lying during the January 24, 2017, White House interview and did not advise him that lying to federal agents is a felony.

Maybe I should have interpreted that as an act of desperation to see if it would stick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/judge-sullivan-says-he-is-not-required-to-rubber-stamp-dojs-bid-to-dismiss-flynn-case/2020/06/01/5c1befd6-a418-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

The judge must evaluate Flynn’s dramatically different claims, Sullivan’s lawyer Beth Wilkinson told the court: “What, if anything, should Judge Sullivan do about Mr. Flynn’s sworn statements to the court, where he repeatedly admitted to the crime and to the voluntariness of his guilty plea, only to now claim that he never lied to the government and was pressured and misled into pleading guilty?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 10:09 AM, Nivek said:

From Wiki- Flynn's attorneys submitted a sentencing memo on December 11, 2018, requesting leniency and suggesting FBI agents had tricked him into lying during the January 24, 2017, White House interview and did not advise him that lying to federal agents is a felony.

Maybe I should have interpreted that as an act of desperation to see if it would stick? 

Well, a sentencing memo comes after a guilty plea or conviction by trial, so it's not really a defense to the offense, as that's off the table by that point.

And yeah, sentencing memos from defendants tend to be acts of desperation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...