If we have a football season, are you in?

927 E. 41st

So if football is a "go", do you go?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Let's say it's decided football will start on schedule. Masks are required. Are you in?

• Yes, I'd go no matter the circumstances.
    • Yes, if the virus seems under control.
    • Yes, but only if we have a vaccine.
    • No, I have, or am close to someone with a risk factor.
    • No, it's not worth the risk.
    • No, I go to two games or less a year anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/16/20 at 02:49 AM

15 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

those kids are idiots for going on that trip no doubt.

Idiots, yes. I would’ve done the exact same thing at that age. I would’ve gone to the beach with $93 and made it last for a raging 2 week bender chasing skanks with all my buddies...and ignoring the most aggressive signs of sensible caution.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Post Oak said:

You couldn't pay me to sit in a DKR sized petrie dish until there's a vaccine.  

I'm fine sitting at home 

Well put

Since this thread was started I've found out that three aquaintences have contracted Covid19.... two of them are now dead, having passed in the last week.

That is more than enough to squash any subsequent thoughts I was having of, "yeah you know I think I'd go after all".

No sir, definitely would not go.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well put

Since this thread was started I've found out that three aquaintences had contacted Covid19.... two of them are dead.

That is more than enough to squash any subsequent thoughts I was having of, "yeah you know I think I'd go after all".

No sir, definitely would not go.

But two random posters on this thread said any danger from this is fake so there.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Idiots, yes. I would’ve done the exact same thing at that age. I would’ve gone to the beach with $93 and made it last for a raging 2 week bender chasing skanks with all my buddies...and ignoring the most aggressive signs of sensible caution.

only thing that kept me from going is knowing when I came home, I wanted to see my grandparents. I would've been all over it if I didn't have to risk that. 

The home schedule is meh and a football game with a mask sounds like it sucks. Especially because if you have a wear a mask, they're also cutting capacity in the stadium (not that DKR's been jam packed for most of the past decade...). Tailgating may be the best part about attending a game in person and socially distanced tailgating just sounds like it sucks too. 

My mom is also in her 60s with MS. So I can talk myself out of the home schedule pretty easily. I probably would've made only a couple games anyway.

OU and LSU would sting a little more to pass up, but again, with the mask thing, eh. That's a pretty serious buzzkill for me and also just doesn't seem realistic.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:13 AM, PilotsError said:

None of you are in danger, and none of you are putting others in danger. Grow up and get over this fear.

Under no circumstance would I sit in a hundred degree heat with a mask on. None.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:14 AM, PilotsError said:

You are not putting them danger. None. Grow the fuck up.

I'm just curious enough to ask how you've determined this, because I can't fathom this take.
But then again I have family and friends in the medical community - including a niece whose a nurse and lost a patient after 20+ days in ICU, and it is wrecking her emotionally. 
But then again I have a DIL who works in the hospital as an aide, has seen the patient load from COVID and she's not sure its real and thinks she has some magic immunity (hope she does for her & her kids sake)