Houston Texans 2020 Regular Season Thread

Macklemore

Wow, they’re going to open up the roof tomorrow. First time since 2014. It’s pissed me off when we have had beautiful days and they’ve kept the roof closed. Harris County paid an extra $50 million to have a retractable roof and the Texans have fucked over their fans by keeping it closed all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Wow, they’re going to open up the roof tomorrow. First time since 2014. It’s pissed me off when we have had beautiful days and they’ve kept the roof closed. Harris County paid an extra $50 million to have a retractable roof and the Texans have fucked over their fans by keeping it closed all the time.

My money is on they were testing the roof and it got stuck in the open position.

• Haha 1

They’ve played with the roof open 46 times? I don’t believe that. It can’t be right. I’ve probably been to 20 Texans games over the last 13 years and I may have seen it open once.

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

What is he getting at? It’s not like it’s blazing hot, freezing cold, or raining? Is he suggesting a conspiracy to help the Patriots by removing one of the Texans’ home field advantages? Sorry for not understanding. I fucking hate PFTCommenter and how full of himself he is. 

What is he getting at? It’s not like it’s blazing hot, freezing cold, or raining? Is he suggesting a conspiracy to help the Patriots by removing one of the Texans’ home field advantages? Sorry for not understanding. I fucking hate PFTCommenter and how full of himself he is. 

a5fc312fb8f466a99b1444f7ffa5bf80.gif

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Deshaun looks so good today. 

We can beat anyone in the league when he is playing like this. Not like the Pats are very good.. Long odds against some teams - but it's possible.

And we are sitting at 2-7. 

Also, love how Coutee, who has been sitting on the bench all season, because Bob's dumb fucking ass decided to sign the corpse of Randall Cobb (yes I'm aware he has a TD today - who gives a shit), comes in an immediately catches 2 nice balls, one for a score. 

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Also, love how Coutee, who has been sitting on the bench all season, because Bob's dumb fucking ass decided to sign the corpse of Randall Cobb (yes I'm aware he has a TD today - who gives a shit), comes in an immediately catches 2 nice balls, one for a score. 

In all fairness, Coutee has been pretty bad. Lots of drops, busted routes and fumbles in his pro career. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Man we’ve got to keep beating teams we should beat just to keep Deshaun’s spirits up. Have the Titans again at home and Colts twice, plus Bengals at home without Burrow and at the Lions and Bears. 4-2 is definitely possible in that stretch, though obviously so is 0-6. Think it really matters for JJ too, he was making more plays today and it would be huge if we could get a 2nd rounder for him after this season as opposed to the 3rd that’s more likely.

I would seriously consider trading Cooks (maybe another 3rd rounder?) and extending Fuller assuming he wants to come back. He and DW obviously are a great tandem when they’re both on the field, and Cooks’ cap hit the next two years is probably more than what you’d pay Fuller in the first two years of an extension. It’s a big risk given Fuller’s injury history, but then  that same risk exists if the decision is to let Fuller walk banking on the 2022 compensatory pick, which is only a third rounder if he plays enough snaps in 2021.

DeShaun is fucking awesome; I would kill to see him leading an offense with a top-5 OL. If he had more time he would be carving fuckers up even with this receiving corps, because with a better line we’d have a better running game even with these dogshit runningbacks....

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

Have the Titans again at home and Colts twice, plus Bengals at home without Burrow and at the Lions and Bears. 4-2 is definitely possible in that stretch, though obviously so is 0-6.

If Deshaun plays like he did today no way in fuck is he going 0-6. The Texans might try to drop all 6 of those games, but he won't. So short of him getting injured or playing the worst football of his career I'd like to think we find at least a couple wins in that stretch. It's already pretty unlikely that we would be 3 and 7 right now. We've been in almost every game late.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If Deshaun plays like he did today no way in fuck is he going 0-6. The Texans might try to drop all 6 of those games, but he won't. So short of him getting injured or playing the worst football of his career I'd like to think we find at least a couple wins in that stretch. It's already pretty unlikely that we would be 3 and 7 right now. We've been in almost every game late.

Yeah I agree; it’s crazy because this team is all fucked up right now, but win the Titans game and either one of the very winnable Vikings or Browns games and this team is at 5-5 with a very soft schedule coming up....

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah I agree; it’s crazy because this team is all fucked up right now, but win the Titans game and either one of the very winnable Vikings or Browns games and this team is at 5-5 with a very soft schedule coming up....

Because he's that fucking good. Which is why it's absolutely infuriating the way that BoB gutted the team around him. Hopefully we can make 2 good hires and cobble something together to try and contend in 2022. 

Even with our roster the way it is right now - all it would take to be contending for the division this year is like a couple better players in the secondary, a better RT or RG and a top 15? 20? starting RB. Anything to buy us just a few points in all of these close contests.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Man we’ve got to keep beating teams we should beat just to keep Deshaun’s spirits up. Have the Titans again at home and Colts twice, plus Bengals at home without Burrow and at the Lions and Bears. 4-2 is definitely possible in that stretch.

So some 7-9 bullshit?

On 11/21/2020 at 5:55 PM, Macklemore said:

Have they ever opened the roof during a game? I've been to way more Astros games and seen that.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:41 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

This is such a foreign thought.........I think the Texans are improving.  Except for the running game.  Even the Oilers at their absolute worst ran the ball better than this Texans team.  We could use a RB like Sid Blanks or Hoyle Granger.  Even Charlie Tolar.

Hmmmmmm.....

Hoyle Granger is 76, Sid Blanks is 80, and Charlie Tolar is dead.

You’re right - that group WOULD improve this team’s running game...

Edited by Ignatius
  • Haha 1