Houston Texans 2020 Regular Season Thread

Macklemore

I hope not. But I wouldn't be surprised with this organization. Hopefully they save the 'obligatory' interviews for young coaches who need the experience. 

Caldwell is not my first or second choice, but he a respectable NFL coach. He got the Lions to the playoffs twice in four seasons. Dude got fired after a 9-7 season. Patricia would still be coaching if he had that kind of record.

Completely agree with this. Caldwell also had the Colts in the SB. They were one stupid throw by Peyton Manning away from a chance to win it. Caldwell is a good coach, but I would prefer someone that can be on the sidelines for the next 10-15 years like Tomlin in Pittsburg.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Texans’ D is bereft with talent. The worst in the NFL in my opinion. There aren’t any young players worth watching and the best player we have is past his prime. The new GM is going to have to be a wizard to fix this crap. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

JJ just went nuclear on team and players. If people dont want to show up and put in the work then get out of the building. Said fans are out there showing up, buying shirt, jerseys and other shit.
Tons of frustration in his voice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

JJ just went nuclear on team and players. If people dont want to show up and put in the work then get out of the building. Said fans are out there showing up, buying shirt, jerseys and other shit.
Tons of frustration in his voice.

I’m sure there are plenty of BoB’s guys that need to be gone.

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

Well said JJ.  IT sucks that he had to play the majority of his career with BOB.

That’s why I hate BOB more than any Houston sports figure other than Bud Adams. He wasted Watt’s career and most of DHop’s and was doing the same to Deshaun. Unforgivable. I hope he and guys on his staff like Mike Devlin never get another coaching job again.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

That’s why I hate BOB more than any Houston sports figure other than Bud Adams. He wasted Watt’s career and most of DHop’s and was doing the same to Deshaun. Unforgivable. I hope he and guys on his staff like Mike Devlin never get another coaching job again.

I don't know. I'd like to see the entire regime get work in Dallas...or Tennessee.

https://247sports.com/Article/Houston-Texans-coaching-search-Eric-Bieniemy-Kansas-City-Chiefs-157932415/ 

Report: Eric Bieniemy labeled favorite for Texans job 

"Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is another coach rumored to be in the mix."  

According to reports, Texans franchise player DeShaun Watson and teammates are in favor of Bieniemy being Houston's selection should the Texans go that route. Others have linked Bieniemy to the Texans as well, including Pro Football Network insider Tony Pauline.

"The [Houston Texans] owner does value very much the feedback of his highest-paid player, and sources said Watson has already advocated for Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy," CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora wrote earlier this month. "Watson shares a strong bond with Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, and the two already faced off again in Week 1 after meeting in the playoffs a year ago

2 minutes ago, tx ind said:

I though they were hiring a GM first?  Not complaining about Bieniemy because he is the best candidate, but the franchise does everything wrong.

When Deshaun Watson tells you who to hire, you just fucking do it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

There was an interesting article in the Athletic by one of their writers who used to be a GM. Jist of it was that the old school way of thinking was to hire a coach and GM separately and one ran practice/games, and one ran personnel. Said the newer trend is to let the coach have final say on personnel and have a heavy voice in who his GM is. Not sure how that applies to a first-time coach, but was an interesting article.

And yeah, let’s keep the one asset this franchise has in 2021 happy. It’s not like Bienemy is some undeserving no-name being pushed by the woke crowd; he’s well-respected for his tweaks to the gameplan and how he’s expanded on Andy Reid’s concepts. I would not be disappointed at all with a truly offensive-minded head coach....

14 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Great game otherwise. Horrible defense play calling

A high school coach would get fired for having a team laughably fail to set the edge like they did TWICE. Mike Devlin, Tim Kelly, RAC, Weaver — get the fuck out of Houston.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wonder if JJ Watt asks to be released in the offseason. Might depend on the coach they bring in

We can a 3rd rounder for him if we have a GM that knows what the fuck they are doing and is a good negotiator. 4th round pick is more likely.

• Hook 'Em 1

The way they lost getting beat over the top, with no safety help- when the other team had 18 seconds on their own 25 is just so amazingly Texans that I don’t even know what to say. 
Just wow. Trying to lose? Remember though- who cares, no picks. McNair is the worst owner in town. Which is impressive when he shares a town with Tillman Ferntits- who is the biggest clown in the NBA.  Ducking Texans. Can we give them to some other city and start over again in 10 years with an ownership group that can count to potatoe?