The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Yeah. Flynn took money from Russia and Turkey and hid it from the US government. That was not legal. Flynn interfered with Obama’s foreign policy by negotiating with Russia and lied to Pence and the FBI about it. That was not legal. Russia and Turkey would have been able to hold all of those illegal actions over Flynn’s head while he was head of the DNI. Flynn was a clear risk to US national security. He should have known better. Flynn isn’t a victim. He’s another example of those around trump with malfeasance tempered by incompetence. 

So when the fbi wfo wanted to close the investigations your response is "OMG FUCKING TRUMPKIN FUCKS"?  Please.  Flynn lied to pence and got fired.  Next.  

Show me the transcripts where Flynn lied.   You can't

Show me where the FBI questioned Flynn about Russian interference and lied.   You can't

Show me where Flynn MATERIALLY interfered with an investigation by the FBI.  You can't. 

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is the dumbest thread. 

Trump loves Russiagate; plays right into his hands.

“All of the available evidence showed just how baseless [Russiagate] was, and it was pretty clear that once it collapsed, it would hand Trump two gifts.

First of all, it would give him the gift of throughout however long it took this thing to end, Trump’s resistance being distracted into this dumb conspiracy theory that he conspired with or was blackmailed by Russia.

And two, when it collapsed, it would give him the gift of vindication.

And then, as more and more evidence came out as to how this whole thing started, Trump would be able to exploit it and use it for his re-election campaign, and say, ‘Look at how these people tried to stop me and how they tried to take me down.’

And basically [Trump will] use it as an excuse for being so awful on everything else. And now we’re seeing that third phase,” says Maté.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/useful-idiots-taibbi-aaron-mate-russiagate-bombshells-1000646/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

If you believe this, there's no sense in anyone trying to engage you in honest discourse.

Russia, our sworn enemy, successfully attacks the foundation of our democracy... voting...with, at minimum, the tacit support from one of the candidates and you're cool with that?  

If not for Mitch and the GOP Senate, Trump would have been impeached.

Of course he's good with that.  They're all good with that.

"Overblown" my ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Russia is not our sworn enemy.  Where do y'all come up with this nonsense?  Growing up during the Cold War fucked with some of y'alls heads. 

Just stop posting.  You are utterly worthless at this point.

Cue "rent-free in your head", "I know you are but what am I" bullshit.

Nonsense?  For crying out loud.  Unreal.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dear Anastasis,

Please look towards the football scoreboard where we have run continuous video footage of you jacking off to your signed photo of Mitch McConnell.

Your pal,

jimmyjazz

Should have gone with Amash, imo. Never been a fan of Mitch, but I know that you struggle with paying attention.  

3 hours ago, Poolflood said:

So when the fbi wfo wanted to close the investigations your response is "OMG FUCKING TRUMPKIN FUCKS"?  Please.  Flynn lied to pence and got fired.  Next.  

Show me the transcripts where Flynn lied.   You can't

Show me where the FBI questioned Flynn about Russian interference and lied.   You can't

Show me where Flynn MATERIALLY interfered with an investigation by the FBI.  You can't. 

I’m not sure how any of your questions relate to Flynn being susceptible to Russian blackmail during his time as DNI. Pence fired him and he plead guilty to lies the Russians knew the truth about. The fact he allowed Russia to have him by the short hairs because of this and also the Russian payments he had received that were also hidden, points to a dangerous individual that thankfully the FBI pushed hard enough to get him removed from his position as DNI. This is a great example of the FBI protecting our national security

19 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Yes. But if you don’t trust the New York Times, you can trust Vice President Pence who was upset about being lied to by Flynn and ultimately was fired by President Trump.

That would be very important if we were debating Mike Flynn's civil lawsuit for wrongful termination.  But not extremely so, since he serves at the pleasure of the POTUS and like Comey can be fired at any time for any reason. 

2 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

I’m not sure how any of your questions relate to Flynn being susceptible to Russian blackmail during his time as DNI. Pence fired him and he plead guilty to lies the Russians knew the truth about. The fact he allowed Russia to have him by the short hairs because of this and also the Russian payments he had received that were also hidden, points to a dangerous individual that thankfully the FBI pushed hard enough to get him removed from his position as DNI. This is a great example of the FBI protecting our national security

Oh!  You're THAT stupid.  So the Russians were going to blackmail Flynn over phone calls of which the US already had tapes.... doesn't seem likely.  oh and the interviewing agents somehow forgot to ask Flynn about Russian payments in their interview?  So that doesn't seem right.   I mean if it was a legitimate concern..... 

9 hours ago, Poolflood said:

Oh!  You're THAT stupid.  So the Russians were going to blackmail Flynn over phone calls of which the US already had tapes.... doesn't seem likely.  oh and the interviewing agents somehow forgot to ask Flynn about Russian payments in their interview?  So that doesn't seem right.   I mean if it was a legitimate concern..... 

That is how it works. Flynn was, in fact, compromised by Russia. Whether you think it is “likely” isn’t relevant. The presence of a compromised individual as head of the DNI is stupid crazy. It doesn’t matter if tapes of the negotiation existed or whether bank accounts showing Russian transfers existed. It matters that they were hidden from the public at the time and whether Russia could have threatened to release that info to the public and cause Flynn to lose his job/reputation.  Flynn was experienced enough to know his poor choices (taking and hiding Russian money and lying about Russian negotiations) would weaken national security but he was ok with being in-debited to Russia. Flynn should have either made better choices or refrained from going back into the intelligence field, much less the DNI. 

20 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

That is how it works. Flynn was, in fact, compromised by Russia. Whether you think it is “likely” isn’t relevant. The presence of a compromised individual as head of the DNI is stupid crazy. It doesn’t matter if tapes of the negotiation existed or whether bank accounts showing Russian transfers existed. It matters that they were hidden from the public at the time and whether Russia could have threatened to release that info to the public and cause Flynn to lose his job/reputation.  Flynn was experienced enough to know his poor choices (taking and hiding Russian money and lying about Russian negotiations) would weaken national security but he was ok with being in-debited to Russia. Flynn should have either made better choices or refrained from going back into the intelligence field, much less the DNI. 

Flynn spoke with appropriate officials before and after his trip to Russia and answered all questions put to him by those officials.  He didn't fill out the financial paperwork but i haven't seen anything that he lied about the trip.  

If this was an issue why didn't the FBI question Flynn regarding payments?  

What our government did was blackmail Flynn.  Documents are pretty clear about that and forced Flynn to commit perjury in his guilty plea.

He should have been fired.  Compromised by the Russians isn't a "fact".

24 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

Flynn spoke with appropriate officials before and after his trip to Russia and answered all questions put to him by those officials.  He didn't fill out the financial paperwork but i haven't seen anything that he lied about the trip.  

What our government did was blackmail Flynn.  Documents are pretty clear about that and forced Flynn to commit perjury in his guilty plea.

the land of make believe wow GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Poolflood said:

I understand you think Flynn was lying when he pled guilty about lying. I doubt anything I say is going to convince you or Trump that Flynn isn’t a victim.

10 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

I understand you think Flynn was lying when he pled guilty about lying. I doubt anything I say is going to convince you or Trump that Flynn isn’t a victim.

And I get you have a theory and but God help us the fbi went after Flynn to save the country from a dni compromised by the Russians.... so one of my questions was why didn't the fbi ask about it?   It's an arguement not supported.  Hence you're unable to answer. 

13 hours ago, Poolflood said:

No one can be forced to commit perjury.

1 hour ago, Poolflood said:

Amos.  Don't know if you have kids but if I fucked up and the fbi was threatening to bring my kids into it I would lie to everybody. 

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No one can be forced to commit perjury.

Bullshit.  

2 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

Bullshit.  

He could have just told the truth. Crazy concept I know. Why would you commit more crimes if they were threatening to bring your kids in? Maybe the idea would be commit fewer crimes?

Edited by hobbes2702

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He could have just told the truth. Crazy concept I know. Why would you commit more crimes if they were threatening to bring your kids in? Maybe the idea would be commit fewer crimes?

Peace dude.  You got no fucking clue.  

1 minute ago, Poolflood said:

Peace dude.  You got no fucking clue.  

Please enlighten me. How does one force someone to lie? Were they gonna kill his kids if he didn’t perjure himself? I would just like to understand how the FBI made him answer a question dishonestly and what their motivation would be for doing that?

Please enlighten me. How does one force someone to lie? Were they gonna kill his kids if he didn’t perjure himself? I would just like to understand how the FBI made him answer a question dishonestly and what their motivation would be for doing that?

I was just wondering the other day if the regs on the Shag still were convincing themselves that there was anything at all to this, or if any had worked themselves through the stages of self-reflection and tacit admitting of culpability that would be required

for any meaningful healing to begin.

Who was I kidding?

Trump is the President and the discussion in this thread is more proof supporting the fact that elitist left authoritarian thought police are the direct and indirect reason why.

Lotta balls not having water gated the entire thing, Hugo

Extra points for that.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

I was just wondering the other day if the regs on the Shag still were convincing themselves that there was anything at all to this, or if any had worked themselves through the stages of self-reflection and tacit admitting of culpability that would be required
for any meaningful healing to begin.

Who was I kidding.

Trump is the President and the discussion in this thread is more proof supporting the fact that elitist left authoritarian thought police are the direct and indirect reason why.

Lotta balls not having water gated the entire thing, Hugo

Extra points for that.

So nothing on the perjury thing from our resident lunatic?

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Russian government orchestrated a successful international criminal conspiracy with members of the Trump campaign to get Trump elected in the 2016 presidential election.

Fixed delusions are the hardest to shake. 

Edited by Anastasis

House impeachment investigation ongoing:

House Democrats tell Supreme Court they need Mueller grand jury materials to decide on new articles of impeachment

"The Democratic-led House of Representatives on Monday told the Supreme Court that the House needs secret Mueller grand jury materials to determine if there is new evidence of impeachable offenses involving President Donald Trump."

"'The Committee's impeachment investigation related to obstruction of justice pertaining to the Russia investigation is ongoing,' Douglas Letter, the House general counsel, said in a court filing Monday. 'If this material reveals new evidence supporting the conclusion that President Trump committed impeachable offenses,' Letter said, 'the Committee will proceed accordingly -- including, if necessary, by considering whether to recommend new articles of impeachment.'"

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Imagine seeing this:

Body Language Analysis №4327: Trump and Putin just prior to ...

And still convincing yourself that there was nothing to any of the Mueller investigation and that it was all a deep state hoax.

Yep. It takes a good little trumpkin to downplay trump’s campaign welcoming Russian help, trump’s campaign working with Russian cutouts (trump/Stone coordination with Wikileaks, Manafort giving GOP polling data to Russian businessman), and then trump’s obstruction of the investigation into those events.

The REAL story is how trump, Flynn, and the Alfa bank server are the real VICTIMS!!!

On 5/18/2020 at 7:01 AM, GW Hayduke said:

I am going to just assume you (and many, many others posting about this) are unaware of the actual facts instead of just being either willfully obtuse or just really stupid.  Because everything you posted above is false.

There is SO much disinformation regarding Flynn that it is hard to even get started.  And I could not care less about flynn but it just pisses me off when people blatantly lie about stuff.  It also pisses me off that I bet a lot of this information will be new to most of the people that post here.  It is all public knowledge.

When Flynn retired form the military he signed with an outfit called Leading Authorites LLC (LA).  It is a business that partners high end speakers with groups that want them.  Been around for 30 years or so.  Some current members of LA that you might recognize include: James Clapper (Director of National Intelligence), Stan Mccrystal (Commander of US Troops in Afghanistan), Adm Mike Rogers (Director of NSA), John Allen (USMC 4 Star General) etc.  LA takes requests from groups all over the world.  They negotiate the fee and all of the details.  Every single person that signs with LA is public and all of them advertise their fees and all of them get paid for their work. 

Flynn, through LA, accepted the gig with RT.  Prior to the actual event Flynn not only told the DIA/DOD about the gig, but he actually attended DIA briefings where they coached him on potential tactics that the russians may use against him and then, after the event, the DIA debriefed Flynn on the interaction and actually admitted to learning new information.  We have idiots on here and on TV claiming he was potentially a traitor for these meetings and that he was potentially "compromised" by Russia (a certain favorite of GW).  Not only was he not a traitor or working in the dark, he actually helped the country's intelligence outfits gain new insight.  Knowing this now- read the post i quoted and realize how unbelievably stupid it is and that it is currently being parroted by elected pols and the media.  I already said I will assume the GWHaydukes of the world just do not know the facts but the media and other pols certainly do and are just blatantly lying.  

On the Turkey stuff, this is just unbelievably weak and stupid.  Flynn set up a consulting group just like 1000s of ex military and ex politicians do.  he was hired by a private business/person in Turkey.  he was paid around $600K.  Again, people keep saying things like "hiding" or "secretive" etc with Flynn's contact with the Turkish person.  The Haydukes and media and anyone else that really wanted the truth could have looked a bit harder at the actual facts.  When Flynn's company signed the contract with the Turkish individual they consulted lawyers about who to file with for compliance.  They were told not to file with FARA because the induvidual that hired them was not a part of the turkish government and the money was not coming from a government account.  Instead Flynn's group (going full brisket here) DID, IN FACT, file the contact with the fucking CONGRESS under the Lobbying Disclosures Act.  That is a fucking public filing that anyone could see.  Nothing at all hidden.  No potential for "compromise".  Nothing.  Later, Flynn was advised by counsel that he should retroactively file with FARA because it was "possible" that the turkish government could benefit from his work.  And he filed.  But, the important thing is that Flynn had already filed the work with the government in accordance with lobbying laws.  Nothing was hidden.

On his lie to the FBI, this is, again, incredibly specious and reported completely without context.  First, lying to the FBI is not a crime in itself.  For it to be a crime there are 2 factors that have to be present 1) the lie has to be intentional and 2) the lie has to materially affect an ongoing investigation.

Once Flynn was named incoming director of the nsa, he talked to (according to him and the FBI) his counterpart (ambassadors and other security people) from 30 different countries.  30.  Just had every other incoming director of the nsa in every other admin including reagan, bushes, clinton and obama.  Every single one of them. 

On the first day he is accused of lying, he had 15-18 calls with various foreign government officials and he was on vacation.  When he was interviewed by the FBI, according to the actual fbi notes, flynn was aked about discussions regarding sanctions (specifically the expulsion of certain russians) with Kislyak.  His answer, again according to the FBI notes, was (paraphrasing)" I may have, but I really do not remember, I dont think so"  That is it.  After the interview, and with full knowledge of the calls transcripts,  the fbi interviewers concluded that Flynn was not intentionally lying, was not acting under any orders from anyone in the trump team and recommended the chapter be closed.  

Later, the fbi re-opened the case against flynn and claimed he lied to them in his previous interview.  They also told the White House he lied and had, in fact talked about sanctions.  However, the fbi provided exactly zero proof of this and, to this day, have provided no proof.  The fbi went on to charge flynn and went after him for other unrelated items aggressively.  They publicly admitted they wanted him to flip on Trump and would be willing to drop all of his charges initially  if he cooperated and implicated trump.  As we now know, flynn could not implicate trump because there was nothing to implicate him on.  Also, the mueller team said Flynn did not implicate trump in anything and that he cooperated fully.

As to pleading guilty, it happens all the time and all of you know it.  Defending yourself in a federal suit can cost millions.  And even if you win the eventual case, you dont get your legal fees back.  The fbi offered probation if he cooperated and admitted to lying.  He took the deal.  Just like thousands of defendants do every day in courts all across the country.  

The amazing thing to me (and perhaps twicehorn can comment) is that the fbi can prosecute someone for lying and not have to provide the transcript of the call they claimed you lied in.  How is that even possible?  Apparently though, it is the law.  So you have Flynn looking at financial ruin based on a call he did not remember and admitted he did not remember.  Yet the fbi gets to claim he did without actually providing the proof.  How do you even defend yourself?

Now, all of the above is factual and not opinion or speculation.  Everything else is pure speculation.  Did Flynn actually ask Kislyak to tell Putin to temper a response to the santions?  No one has provided any proof of that.  There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that Flynn told Kislyak that the trump admin would ease the sanctions.  None.  All we have is what the fbi alleged and what flynn ultimately plead to.  But, as mentioned above, that is not proof at all.  

I wish the transcript were released.  If Flynn directly told Kislyak that the incoming admin would ease sanctions then he should go to jail.  If Kislyak asked flynn about sanctions and flynn said they would talk about it again after the inauguration then the fbi folks should go to jail.  

This is my opinion now.  This is from an NPR show featuring an intelligence official who has seen the transcript of the call ""I don't think [Flynn] knew he was doing anything wrong," the official said. "Flynn talked about sanctions, but no specific promises were made. Flynn was speaking more in general 'maybe we'll take a look at this going forward' terms."  I think this is closest to the truth.  The main reason I think this is because everyone who has accused flynn has never, ever, given any specific mention of what was said.  This thing is over and Flynn goes to jail if he said anything material.  Yes, technically, if Kislyak asked about sanctions and Flynn said "maybe we will talk about that later" then they talked about sanctions.  But nothing material and nothing that Flynn should have had any reason to remember or be concerned with.  Further, Comey himself, said the question of whether or nor Flynn lied in his interview was "a close call".  If Flynn directly tried to influence admin policy, there is just no way Comey would be this coy.

• Like 2

This is an incredibly well-documented look at the Flynn case and why the FBI and others did what they did, from a legal perspective. I havent read the whole thing, but provides context of why Flynn’s kid was threatened (because they both were into some shady shit). It also explains why Flynn was revisited-in response to Putin’s muted reaction.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/flynn-redux-what-those-fbi-documents-really-show

24 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Yep. It takes a good little trumpkin to downplay trump’s campaign welcoming Russian help...

Man that all sounds pretty bad.

Almost as bad as a campaign hiring a foreign spook with financial ties to Russian oligarchs, through an intermediary law firm screen, to collect disinformation from Russians. Maybe even worse if they then took that curated stream of disinformation and leveraged a network of political and journalist connections to influence the conduct of an investigation into their political opponent. And maybe even worse if when that wasn't moving quick enough, systematically seeding to the public crazy ass conspiracy theories with no basis in reality, but creating enough smoke that the namesake for this thread was inevitable.  That investigation which, BTW, found that there was insufficient evidence to establish that the "Russian government orchestrated a successful international criminal conspiracy with members of the Trump campaign to get Trump elected in the 2016 presidential election."

2016 was a 100% fucking shit show. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Man that all sounds pretty bad.

Almost as bad as a campaign hiring a foreign spook with financial ties to Russian oligarchs, through an intermediary law firm screen, to collect disinformation from Russians. Maybe even worse if they then took that curated stream of disinformation and leveraged a network of political and journalist connections to influence the conduct of an investigation into their political opponent. And maybe even worse if when that wasn't moving quick enough, systematically seeding to the public crazy ass conspiracy theories with no basis in reality, but creating enough smoke that the namesake for this thread was inevitable.  That investigation which, BTW, found that there was insufficient evidence to establish that the "Russian government orchestrated a successful international criminal conspiracy with members of the Trump campaign to get Trump elected in the 2016 presidential election."

2016 was a 100% fucking shit show.

The Russians interfered in the 2016 election in an effort to get Donald Trump elected president. The Russians were in contact with the Trump campaign prior to the 2016 election.

That happened.

• Like 2