The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

Imagine dismissing and minimizing the 10 instances potus obstructed DOJ’s investigation in Russian election interference, the sharing of internal survey data with Russian cutouts, the negotiating with Russians at trump tower to get dirt on Clinton, the working through stone and Wikileaks to get Russia to release damage on Clinton, the Russian troll farms, and the russian hacking of Dems, all because there was this thing called a Dossier, which everyone knew at the time was raw unfiltered intelligence. Imagine how furiously blinded by chicken lust one would need to be

Imagine continually crafting a straw man because you are either too dense to actually grasp the points being made, or just totally dishonest. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Imagine continually crafting a straw man because you are either too dense to actually grasp the points being made, or just totally dishonest. 

The Dossier is the real story!! Just pretend like no one knew it was just raw intelligence!! Just parrot right wing propaganda that the Mueller investigation was completely unfounded because of the The Dossier!! Forget about actual documented Russian meddling and actual trump obstruction because The Dossier!! 

Edited by GW Hayduke
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Russian disinformation influenced Comey's handling of the Midyear Examination investigation. Setting off a chain of events that resulted in what is likely the single most influential action, outside of the decisions of the campaigns themselves, on the outcome of the 2016 election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/how-a-dubious-russian-document-influenced-the-fbis-handling-of-the-clinton-probe/2017/05/24/f375c07c-3a95-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

Current and former officials have said that Comey relied on the document in making his July decision to announce on his own, without Justice Department involvement, that the investigation was over. That public announcement — in which he criticized Clinton and made extensive comments about the evidence — set in motion a chain of other FBI moves that Democrats now say helped Trump win the presidential election.

But according to the FBI’s own assessment, the document was bad intelligence — and according to people familiar with its contents, possibly even a fake sent to confuse the bureau. The Americans mentioned in the Russian document insist they do not know each other, do not speak to each other and never had any conversations remotely like the ones described in the document. Investigators have long doubted its veracity, and by August the FBI had concluded it was unreliable.

So your point is Russia Russia Russia played a pivotal role in making Donald Trump president?

25 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

The Dossier is the real story!! Just pretend like no one knew it was just raw intelligence!! Just parrot right wing propaganda that the Mueller investigation was completely unfounded because of the The Dossier!! Forget about actual documented Russian meddling and actual trump obstruction because The Dossier!! 

giphy.gif

Approaching peak jimmyjames there man. Maybe take a step back and stop embarrassing yourself. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

giphy.gif

Approaching peak jimmyjames there man. Maybe take a step back and stop embarrassing yourself. 

Hey man. I’m not the one buying into right wing propaganda and dismissing Mueller because of raw intelligence. I wonder if Mueller paid it no mind simply because it was raw intelligence. 

Just now, Captainant said:

aw, annie is running out of material - watch out, he's gonna derail a thread soon! He may just exonerate ollie north and the rest of the maligned soon, now that he's righted the wrong of Flynn

aw, still wallowing in delusions I see. 

On 5/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, The Royal We said:

Did the FBI treat Flynn badly in particular or were their behaviors toward Flynn more SOP for them?  From what I've read, yes, they may have treated him harshly, but it was not anything different than what the FBI does in 95% of the same situations.

He's a POS who sold out his country, he can EABOD and DIAF for all I care. 

They investigated him without telling him first, and without already having enough evidence to convict him of a crime. If you watch CSI:Miami like Trump and Anastasis do, then you would know that the FBI is not allowed to investigate anything prior to already having 100% of all the proof they need to convict.  And you'd also know that they have to tell people that they are under investigation before investigating them.

Its also why Anastasis asks hookers if they are a cop before he offers them money for sex. Cops have to say they are cops, you know.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

They investigated him without telling him first, and without already having enough evidence to convict him of a crime. If you watch CSI:Miami like Trump and Anastasis do, then you would know that the FBI is not allowed to investigate anything prior to already having 100% of all the proof they need to convict.  And you'd also know that they have to tell people that they are under investigation before investigating them.

Its also why Anastasis asks hookers if they are a cop before he offers them money for sex. Cops have to say they are cops, you know.  

The investigation was needed to manufacture the only crimes.  Without Entrapment and perjury traps they could not have arrested Flynn.  One wonders if the investigators know they have to make up crimes to justify their own existence.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

10 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

The investigation was needed to manufacture the only crimes.  Without Entrapment and perjury traps they could not have arrested Flynn.  One wonders if the investigators know they have to make up crimes to justify their own existence.

If you don't lie, you can't get caught by a "perjury trap".  JFC, you're regarded. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/opinion/bill-barr-michael-flynn.html

But the report of my interview is no support for Mr. Barr’s dismissal of the Flynn case. It does not suggest that the F.B.I. had no counterintelligence reason for investigating Mr. Flynn. It does not suggest that the F.B.I.’s interview of Mr. Flynn — which led to the false-statements charge — was unlawful or unjustified. It does not support that Mr. Flynn’s false statements were not material. And it does not support the Justice Department’s assertion that the continued prosecution of the case against Mr. Flynn, who pleaded guilty to knowingly making material false statements to the FBI, “would not serve the interests of justice.”

Discounting the broader investigation and the possibility of Russian direction or control over Mr. Flynn, the department’s motion myopically homes in on the calls alone, and because it views those calls as “entirely appropriate,” it concludes the investigation should not have been extended and the interview should not have taken place.

The account of my interview in 2017 doesn’t help the department support this conclusion, and it is disingenuous for the department to twist my words to suggest that it does. What the account of my interview describes is a difference of opinion about what to do with the information that Mr. Flynn apparently had lied to the incoming vice president, Mr. Pence, and others in the incoming administration about whether he had discussed the Obama administration’s sanctions against Russia in his calls with Mr. Kislyak. Those apparent lies prompted Mr. Pence and others to convey inaccurate statements about the nature of the conversations in public news conferences and interviews.

15 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

What is the entrapment?

16 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

ken starr was investigating land deals. was clinton entrapped and tricked into a perjury trap?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

What is the entrapment?

And more importantly, why do you only give a shit about this one person's entrapment and not the fact that this is done to many others all the time.  If you don't like the way the FBI does business - feel free to pass some laws decreasing the penalties for lying to the FBI.

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

ken starr was investigating land deals. was clinton entrapped and tricked into a perjury trap?

I'm using perjury trap as an excuse if I get caught getting a blowie from a chick that isn't the avatar.

32 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Every post I've read from you is dead ass wrong, you are one dumb asshole.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So I know it's all bullshit, but can someone at least try and explain what the Trump administration is claiming Obama/Biden did?  I feel like I follow this shit pretty well and I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are being accused of doing.

If Rand Paul is involved, you can be sure that it's fuckery of the highest order. 

That fucking moron tweeted that he had shocking news, and then the news was a link to a bunch of his own quotes, where he personally declares Biden "guilty", demands that the media ask Biden questions about this, but not once mentions what "this" is. 

This jackwagon is the Jacob Wohl of elected officials. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So I know it's all bullshit, but can someone at least try and explain what the Trump administration is claiming Obama/Biden did?  I feel like I follow this shit pretty well and I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are being accused of doing.

From what I can gather from listening to Hannity while flipping through radio stations, "General Flynn was wearing a mask (and not one of those liberal 'protect everyone from the covid hoax masks'). Obama/Biden unmasked him for the intel community in order to identify who was selling our country out to the Ruskies." Or something to that nature. 

Edited by Irwin F Fletcher
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Obamagate.  It's been going on for a long time. Terrible things happened. 

3 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

What’s a perjury trap?

15 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

I said he had more information than anyone ON THIS THREAD.  

Which is true.  

My point is, in a plea bargain, a judge doesn't know much.  And, unless there have been sealed or in camera hearings and so forth, no more than is available to you or me in the plea agreement and supporting information and the transcripts of any such hearings.

The judge isn't privy to details of the investigation or any extrajudicial facts.

What you said may be true, but not by much.

Correct, it was a voluntary interview in Flynn's own office. 

I’m lazy tonight. Do you have a link? Nothing I have found discusses these specifics and I would love to bring up that it was voluntary to a couple of folks. The way they make it sound, he was kidnapped and underwent water boarding.

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Did Starr tell Clinton not to have a lawyer in the room?

Did he boast to Fox news about taking advantage of a new administration?

Did Starr's men lie about why they were taking a sworn deposition?

Did they already rule out culpability for Clinton in the shady land?

Was Flynn under oath?

If the triggered Horns gave 6 replies this afternoon can I count on 24 now?

• Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Did Starr tell Clinton not to have a lawyer in the room?

Did he boast to Fox news about taking advantage of a new administration?

Did Starr's men lie about why they were taking a sworn deposition?

Did they already rule out culpability for Clinton in the shady land?

Was Flynn under oath?

If the triggered Horns gave 6 replies this afternoon can I count on 24 now?

You don't have to be under oath. Lying to the FBI is a crime. 

Again, Michael Flynn could have told them to pound sand. Instead, he chose to lie. That's criminal.

45 minutes ago, Woland said:

I’m lazy tonight. Do you have a link? Nothing I have found discusses these specifics and I would love to bring up that it was voluntary to a couple of folks. The way they make it sound, he was kidnapped and underwent water boarding.

The source I've been referring to was the recent NYT op-ed authored by Mary B. McCord, who was an acting assistant attorney general for national security at the Justice Department from 2016 to 2017. Relevant portion:

Notably, Mr. Barr’s motion to dismiss does not argue that the F.B.I. violated the Constitution or statutory law when agents interviewed Mr. Flynn about his calls with Mr. Kislyak. It doesn’t claim that they violated his Fifth Amendment rights by coercively questioning him when he wasn’t free to leave. Nor does the motion claim that the interview was the fruit of a search or seizure that violated the Fourth Amendment. Any of these might have justified moving to dismiss the case. But by the government’s own account, the interview with Mr. Flynn was voluntary, arranged in advance and took place in Mr. Flynn’s own office.

• Like 1

Speaking of criminal acts, any chance Samantha Powers gets what should be coming to her? I’m guessing zero percent from the Surly faithful. 

Oh wait, she had no recollection of such a minor thing! Of course! 

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

14 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Yes, because it’s so common to unmask the incoming National Security Advisor. Just another day at the office. Again, the smell test.