Jump to content

I voted in the 2020 election thread


Recommended Posts

I voted Saturday, while fairly drunk. I was doing a walkabout from my place into downtown with a backpack cooler full of beer. As I passed the downtown library after crossing the river (one of my usual stopping points for people watching on these activities) I stopped in to see if I could get in to use the bathroom. The guard at the door asked, "Are you here to vote?".... "Sure" I responded so he let me in. After relieving myself in the bathroom I wandered over to the voting room. 

I was the only person there besides the staff. I voted, hit the bathroom again (I was at least 8 beers in at this point) wandered off and smoked a spliff to celebrate. 

Edited by KaiserSoze
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I might be getting old, but this is the first time I felt like my vote meant something to me.

I'm glad that it means something to you, but, since you live in Colorado, it means very little elsewise (at least the presidential election).

It blows my mind that we still have an electoral college. Since I've been of voting age, I've lived in Washington, Texas, and California. My vote for the leader of the free world has never mattered even the tiniest bit.

Hopefully Ohio and Florida enjoy picking our leader again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm glad that it means something to you, but, since you live in Colorado, it means very little elsewise (at least the presidential election).

It blows my mind that we still have an electoral college. Since I've been of voting age, I've lived in Washington, Texas, and California. My vote for the leader of the free world has never mattered even the tiniest bit.

Hopefully Ohio and Florida enjoy picking our leader again.

You mean Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, Ohio.  As usual. 

And Colorado does have a Senate race on the ballot.  So the vote does matter. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you live in Austin and can't be troubled to vote in 2020, rethink that.  I don't give a shit about the top or middle of your ticket.  But these two ballot propositions are way too fucking big and important to sit on the sidelines for.  Write-In Urban Meyer for POTUS, but take a stand one way or the other on the Props A & B.  I can live with the Electoral College deciding the President but it's fucking-a insane to have the same handful of Austinites deciding seriously important transportation and debt crap like this every 2-4 years.  We really need bigger turnout in the region on A&B.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You’re thinking of “Dead Dog Votes Twice” from Chicago.  This is “Live Dogs Vote Twice.”   
 
though I see from their stickers, unlike My friend Baxter here, neither dog speaks Spanish 

They understand “no”...sometimes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, d2o said:

Floridian here.    Took our ballots directly to the Supervisor of Elections last week.  They put them in the ballot box behind the glass so at least we avoided any mail shenanigans.

But did you go out after casting to your ballot to that place with the mozzarella sticks and all the goofy shit on the walls?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, d2o said:

Floridian here.    Took our ballots directly to the Supervisor of Elections last week.  They put them in the ballot box behind the glass so at least we avoided any mail shenanigans.

Florida has plenty of other shenanigans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lobo said:

If you live in Austin and can't be troubled to vote in 2020, rethink that.  I don't give a shit about the top or middle of your ticket.  But these two ballot propositions are way too fucking big and important to sit on the sidelines for.  Write-In Urban Meyer for POTUS, but take a stand one way or the other on the Props A & B.  I can live with the Electoral College deciding the President but it's fucking-a insane to have the same handful of Austinites deciding seriously important transportation and debt crap like this every 2-4 years.  We really need bigger turnout in the region on A&B.  

I just moved into an LTD so apparently I can’t vote on the Props since I don’t pay city taxes now.

edit: but I still voted, Super pumped about the railroad commissioner race!

Edited by TKthunder2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, immamac said:

hey uh...there's a thread literally titled "I voted" in Cloak Room. Is there a reason for this thread to exist outside of there?

I don't know, is it political if no one is saying who they voted for or why? Which, so far, no one has. Like many others, I don't step foot in the cloak room.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...