Alone for the Rona-Holidays thread of dominance.

MissingInAction

I cant be the only one having to spend their holiday time off alone due to the rona.

Thought I'd start this as a combination support group and sharing how we are keeping our sanity.

Without work to enforce at least some routine it could get tough.

I actually decorated my whole place like a dept store just to make the place look different. Makes me smile when I walk by all the lights I put up while they blaze into the night.

• Hook 'Em 4

Happy Thanksgiving, assholes.

Yesterday I tortured my teenage son while we in the car running an errand.  I started with the whole "Why do we celebrate Thanksgiving?  What is the holiday for?" interrogation and sermon.  15-20 minutes of discussion on life perspective and a very light touch on history.  I enjoy doing this with the kids every year.  My son let out an audible groan this year as we started.  It was fantastic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

My plan is beer, pizza and football.

At my local watering hole enjoying a cold one and the day off work.  My parents are close to 80 so I didn't want to take my diseased self anywhere near them.   

• 3 weeks later...

Other then going to my brother and his family’s for Christmas Eve dinner I’m on the alone train.  Parents, other sibling, aunts and uncles all canceled our big Christmas or unable to attend.  Booked a hotel downtown Austin on Christmas night (cheapest night of the year for nice hotels DT btw) going to dinner at Wu Chow with a date but she has to work early the next day.  So then I’m going for some drinks at a friends bar and relax and have a good time.  @MissingInAction or any other solo surly’s if you want to grab a social distance drink Christmas night, I know of some outdoor bars with heat lamps I’m going to.

Edited by Hook1997

Haven’t done any large gathering since onset of March lockdowns just small stuff here and there. We were planning on Christmas Eve with brother’s family and Christmas Day with inlaws.  Direct exposure to positive tests in both cases so nothing but the wife and kids.  Could be worse, but it’s noticeably different.

During my single days, I loved spending the holidays alone. Cook you something that you love, drink something that you love. Have a plan for your favorite time waster books, movies, tv shows, video games, whatever. Make the day all about you. It will not be the same as having family/friends but it doesn't have to be something miserable.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, MissingInAction said:

I cant be the only one having to spend their holiday time off alone due to the rona.

Thought I'd start this as a combination support group and sharing how we are keeping our sanity.

Without work to enforce at least some routine it could get tough.

I actually decorated my whole place like a dept store just to make the place look different. Makes me smile when I walk by all the lights I put up while they blaze into the night.

image.thumb.jpeg.e9bff2c2e68681095487b23a00227e16.jpeg