Bourbon

Jimbaround

I call BS, the MFers will continue to buy em from their normal allocation and sit on them knowing full well that they will sell them in a month when the hysteria dies down. It's not like there's dozens of  extrac cases sitting out there to be had. "Hey dont send me any of the good stuff this quarter, okay joe?..."

Let’s see how bad things get for restaurants before we assume that they’ll continue to purchase high end booze.

Tons of restos in Seattle are closing, some likely for good... if the whole country resembles Seattle in the coming weeks, shit will get interesting.

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s this thing from amazon, which was posted here at some point. You get a little melt but if you drink it fast enough it’s just a chill. 

CB135F56-0B44-4C61-9362-B04CC76C7019.jpeg

Kollea Whiskey Glasses - (Whisky Glasses with Ice Silicone, Set of Two)-Birthday Gift for Men-Great Christmas Gift-Whiskey Gift Ideas for Men-Inexpensive Whiskey Lovers Gifts for Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XBMC2ZG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zedBEbC889QHW

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

Kollea Whiskey Glasses - (Whisky Glasses with Ice Silicone, Set of Two)-Birthday Gift for Men-Great Christmas Gift-Whiskey Gift Ideas for Men-Inexpensive Whiskey Lovers Gifts for Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XBMC2ZG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zedBEbC889QHW

The question I have is does it chill your bourbon, because I want no part of that.  I use a piece of ice to push the alcohol out of the way of the flavors, that's it.  I don't want cold bourbon unless a mixer is involved.

I hate when I ask for a bourbon, and a single ice cube, and they come back with one of those pieces of ice that could sink the Titanic.  It's like red wine from one of the guns so many restaurants now use. They chill the red wine which compresses all the flavors. Red wine should be room temp. so the flavors, and aromas can open up properly.

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The question I have is does it chill your bourbon, because I want no part of that.  I use a piece of ice to push the alcohol out of the way of the flavors, that's it.  I don't want cold bourbon unless a mixer is involved.

I hate when I ask for a bourbon, and a single ice cube, and they come back with one of those pieces of ice that could sink the Titanic.  It's like red wine from one of the guns so many restaurants now use. They chill the red wine which compresses all the flavors. Red wine should be room temp. so the flavors, and aromas can open up properly.

It looks like there is a silicone mold that you put over the glass and then you fill the mold with water and then freeze the glass. Then you pour your bourbon on the ice mold. Click on the link and there’s a picture with step by step instructions of how it works.

22 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Someone's making Manhattans!  Where are the Luxardos?  I assume the bitters is at home.  Has anyone in history ever used an entire bottle of those?

Probably takes us a year or so to kill a bottle each of Peychaud's and Angostura.  We make a lot of sazeracs and old fashioneds around here.  And I'm a little more heavy-handed on the Peychaud's than most.

Past couple of years, we got turned on to the barrel-aged Peychaud's.  Makes a better Sazerac imo, but about $10 more a bottle.  Oof.

• Like 1

After a stressful stop into Lincoln Heights HEB yesterday, I walked into Twins and grabbed a couple bottles of Buffalo Trace from the full shelf. If any of you surly fucks need to share a drink on a San Antonio rooftop deck, send me a DM. This week sucked. 

Yeah I finally killed a bottle of Angostura recently. That was a first.

I’ll join in the fuck COVID train

What should I pour?

GTS 14
Boss Hog
Lot B
WLW 17
Handy 18
Parker Heritage 11
FRLE 14 or 16

I think that’s my best of best