PSA: Texas vs Ohio State - 2005 (LHN)

Rip76

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I had this game saved on my DVR and must have watched it 1,000 times from 2005 until we had to replace our cable receiver/DVR a few years later.

same here.. had the UM game, tosu game and the MNC game all on my Tivo.  Then when I switched to cable, they only had DVR boxes, no tivo :( 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

same here.. had the UM game, tosu game and the MNC game all on my Tivo.  Then when I switched to cable, they only had DVR boxes, no tivo :( 

Same. I had a ton of games saved from the 2004 and 2005 seasons. Fortunately you can find a lot of these on YouTube these days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Undercover key play of the game was Robison batting a pass down then tackling their RB (Pittman I think) that caught the tipped ball either fora loss or no gain, and next play was a missed FG. 

Also knew Jamaal had something to him when he sprinted across the field,  hurdling a pile on the way, to light up the all American senior LB AJ Hawk after his pick

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Also knew Jamaal had something to him when he sprinted across the field,  hurdling a pile on the way, to light up the all American senior LB AJ Hawk after his pick

This was the most important play of the regular season. Incredible heads up hustle play by a freshman. 

I think it's pretty fucking funny that we took two of three from Ohio State but lost two of three to UCLA and BYU and got swept by Cal and Maryland the next decade. 

you know what else was a hoot was battlefield surgery around the time of the Civil War

Edited by SwanderedTalent

21 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

he dropped it 2x before Ced ever had a chance to make a play

He bobbled it, and most likely would’ve scored had Cedric not nailed him. It was one of the three most important defensive plays of the game, along with Jamaal’s hit and Drew Kelson’s sack and strip to seal the win.

Edited by South Austin
grammer