Jump to content

2021 No Hitter Perfect Game Watch


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

 

yeah that's brutal. the only base runner you give up is on a strikeout, and he later gets picked off meaning Means still faced the minimum. that's as close as you can get to throwing a perfect game without throwing one. well, unless you're Armando Galarraga. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop third strike is up there with end zone fumbles being touchback as shittiest rule in sports. You struck out, sit down your turn is over and ended in failure.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar to the Babe Ruth/Ernie Shore no-hitter and near-perfecto back in 1917.  (Rumor has it that Armybrat was in attendance.)  Ruth walked the first batter and barked at the ump about the ball 4 call.  The ump tossed the Babe, who promptly slugged the umpire (which led to a 10-game suspension).  Ernie Shore came in to pitch.  The baserunner got thrown out trying to steal second.  Shore then retired the next 26 batters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluto said:

Drop third strike is up there with end zone fumbles being touchback as shittiest rule in sports. You struck out, sit down your turn is over and ended in failure.

Disagree

at least on the baseball part.

catch the ball. Part of the game.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Similar to the Babe Ruth/Ernie Shore no-hitter and near-perfecto back in 1917.  (Rumor has it that Armybrat was in attendance.)  Ruth walked the first batter and barked at the ump about the ball 4 call.  The ump tossed the Babe, who promptly slugged the umpire (which led to a 10-game suspension).  Ernie Shore came in to pitch.  The baserunner got thrown out trying to steal second.  Shore then retired the next 26 batters.

i can't remember who, or when it was, but i do remember reading about a game where both guys threw a no-no, but one of them lost 1-0 on a guy who walked, stole a base or two, and then scored on a sacrifice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Disagree

at least on the baseball part.

catch the ball. Part of the game.

Why doesnt the batter get to haul ass to first if the catcher drops the second strike. Its an arbitrary rule that makes no fucking sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Why doesnt the batter get to haul ass to first if the catcher drops the second strike. Its an arbitrary rule that makes no fucking sense. 

Because it’s three strikes you’re out at the ol ballgame, not two...and because every out in the game ends with a defensive player holding the ball.

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Because it’s three strikes you’re out at the ol ballgame, not two...and because every out in the game ends with a defensive player holding the ball.

So who's holding the ball when a batter bunts foul with two strikes in the count?

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Because it’s three strikes you’re out at the ol ballgame, not two...and because every out in the game ends with a defensive player holding the ball.

2 strike foul bunt

beaten to this one so I’ll add ball in play hits a runner first and out of baseline/change baseline

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok...

”and because every out in the game where the offense isn’t a dumbfuck ends with a defensive player holding the ball.”

 

I don’t know. I just dont have a problem with it. Part of the catcher’s job is to, you know, catch the ball. 
if he doesn’t, I have no problem with giving the batter an opportunity to reach base.

I’m sorry, blotto, that your son missed out on a perfect game today. You should still celebrate his no-hitter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Ok...

”and because every out in the game where the offense isn’t a dumbfuck ends with a defensive player holding the ball.”

 

I don’t know. I just dont have a problem with it. Part of the catcher’s job is to, you know, catch the ball. 
if he doesn’t, I have no problem with giving the batter an opportunity to reach base.

I’m sorry, blotto, that your son missed out on a perfect game today. You should still celebrate his no-hitter. 

Infield fly rule doesnt require anyone to catch the ball. I don't give a fuck about that no hitter. I just think its a stupid fucking rule. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cousin blotto handling up.

Why should a batter be rewarded for sucking? And this isn’t some trivial reward for the shitty batter, it’s the most precious thing in the game - an out, which is potentially negated.

Add on to the fact that the shitty rule doesn’t even apply when first base is occupied with less than two outs. They have to caveat the caveat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bluto said:

Drop third strike is up there with end zone fumbles being touchback as shittiest rule in sports. You struck out, sit down your turn is over and ended in failure.

Terrible and stupid take.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WBT said:

Three no-hitters by Cinco de Mayo.  The modern day record of 7 could be threatened this year.

I'll take the over.  In fact, I'd take the over on 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...