Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Texas Wahoo said:

He was up late last night.  Even Drayton knows you cannot sleep on SarkafterDark

What are the odds they made Stan hand over his twitter password to a staffer to pump up the activity level lol? Seems night and day vs. before Sark

• Hook 'Em 1

Roach potential next 5 commits (LOL at LLewellyn)

Spoiler

Texas scored a few big commitments in the last two weeks in the form of Maalik Murphy, Trevell Johnson and Evan Stewart. Who's next for the Longhorns? We take a look at five commit candidates.

Connor Robertson, OL, Austin Westlake

I placed a 247Sports Crystal Ball in favor of the Longhorns for Robertson recently. A Texas legacy and local prospect, Robertson didn't hide his excitement about a Texas offer. The Longhorns are still sorting through options up front, but Robertson said he hoped to make a decision in the next few months.

Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont Westbrook

Blake Gideon has been on his game since arriving back to work at his alma mater, and his work is paying off with elite safety Bryce Anderson. Anderson picked LSU early in his high school career but chose to open his recruitment at the beginning of the year. Texas A&M was perceived to be the biggest threat to land the versatile and dynamic defender, but Texas has been coming on strong lately. Our best intel has Texas with a lead and Anderson eyeing a decision before his senior season.

Kam Dewberry, OL, Humble Atascocita

Dewberry is another prospect Texas is starting to flip momentum on after looking away from Austin for most of his recruitment. The four-star offensive tackle has focused on schools like Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State and Texas A&M, and it seemed like the Aggies were the favorite to land him heading into the year. Enter Kyle Flood. The new Texas offensive line coach has been hard on Dewberry's trail and he's changed the perception of the Atascocita star. It wouldn't hurt if Sam Cosmi went high in this year's draft either.

Kristopher Ross, DT, North Shore

Texas appeared to be close to reeling in another with Kristopher Ross set to decide this week and the Longhorns leading on the Crystal Ball. Ross ultimately decided to delay his decision a month, but the Longhorns should remain competitive here. Bo Davis's ties at North Shore high school have been a big help for Texas looking to regain position at a traditional pipeline, and Ross is a prospect on the rise.

Jason Llewellyn, TE, Aledo

Llewellyn is starting to generate a lot of interest for his skill as a tight end and deep snapper. The Texas offer caught his eye and Jeff Banks is one of the best recruiters on staff. If Texas can land him, Llewellyn would provide an offensive and special teams bump.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Roach potential next 5 commits (LOL at LLewellyn)

Hide contents

Texas scored a few big commitments in the last two weeks in the form of Maalik Murphy, Trevell Johnson and Evan Stewart. Who's next for the Longhorns? We take a look at five commit candidates.

Connor Robertson, OL, Austin Westlake

I placed a 247Sports Crystal Ball in favor of the Longhorns for Robertson recently. A Texas legacy and local prospect, Robertson didn't hide his excitement about a Texas offer. The Longhorns are still sorting through options up front, but Robertson said he hoped to make a decision in the next few months.

Bryce Anderson, S, Beaumont Westbrook

Blake Gideon has been on his game since arriving back to work at his alma mater, and his work is paying off with elite safety Bryce Anderson. Anderson picked LSU early in his high school career but chose to open his recruitment at the beginning of the year. Texas A&M was perceived to be the biggest threat to land the versatile and dynamic defender, but Texas has been coming on strong lately. Our best intel has Texas with a lead and Anderson eyeing a decision before his senior season.

Kam Dewberry, OL, Humble Atascocita

Dewberry is another prospect Texas is starting to flip momentum on after looking away from Austin for most of his recruitment. The four-star offensive tackle has focused on schools like Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State and Texas A&M, and it seemed like the Aggies were the favorite to land him heading into the year. Enter Kyle Flood. The new Texas offensive line coach has been hard on Dewberry's trail and he's changed the perception of the Atascocita star. It wouldn't hurt if Sam Cosmi went high in this year's draft either.

Kristopher Ross, DT, North Shore

Texas appeared to be close to reeling in another with Kristopher Ross set to decide this week and the Longhorns leading on the Crystal Ball. Ross ultimately decided to delay his decision a month, but the Longhorns should remain competitive here. Bo Davis's ties at North Shore high school have been a big help for Texas looking to regain position at a traditional pipeline, and Ross is a prospect on the rise.

Jason Llewellyn, TE, Aledo

Llewellyn is starting to generate a lot of interest for his skill as a tight end and deep snapper. The Texas offer caught his eye and Jeff Banks is one of the best recruiters on staff. If Texas can land him, Llewellyn would provide an offensive and special teams bump.

This goofball didn't list Swanson, Hullaby, or Banks, all of whom could be the next to commit. Yet he listed Dewberry and Llewellyn. He might literally be making up stuff and be less informed than various posters on this board. That list is ... stunning. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This fat fuck is a college dropout that got his start by running errands for people at KVUE and for chatting up local Austin recruits and sending emails about it to Burton, begging him for work. Burton right-time/right-placed him with letting him run Orangebloods and Ketchum has forever since believed that he did it all himself. He thinks he's an expert on the sport of CFB and knows HSFB because he used to watch games. His echo-chamber of mouthbreathing idiots on his site only reinforce his delusion. He's a grade-A assclown. 

Things Ketchum is allegedly actually good at:

-Stealing money - whether from oblivious clowns that subscribe to his bullshit or by defrauding compassionate fans of Texas football who gave willingly to a charity in order to benefit a deceased player's young kid and SO.

-Paying off the IRS to leave him alone - this is what one does with a bag of money they steal from a charity golf tournament in order to avoid going to jail.

-Fucking up recruitments for UT - Fatfuck's dated belief in "getting the scoop" in order to gain credibility and subscribers frequently causes him to blurt out pilfered information on a recruit's announcement before the recruit is ready, often queering the recruitment away from UT's favor. 

-Eating wing restaurants completely out of inventory and destroying everyone else's lunch plans. 

The next time someone tells you that they subscribe to Orangebloods when they try to talk Texas football with you, if you don't shout them down and make them feel regret and shame for their idiocy, you're part of the problem. This guy is repeatedly enabled to fuck with the UT program and make us look stupid as fans by the clowns that continue to hand him money. He's a fucking parasite and a shitheel. 

I'd like to fight him in a boxing match at the Surly Sprint-off for charity and just whip his fucking ass the way it needs to be whipped.

Don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This fat fuck is a college dropout that got his start by running errands for people at KVUE and for chatting up local Austin recruits and sending emails about it to Burton, begging him for work. Burton right-time/right-placed him with letting him run Orangebloods and Ketchum has forever since believed that he did it all himself. He thinks he's an expert on the sport of CFB and knows HSFB because he used to watch games. His echo-chamber of mouthbreathing idiots on his site only reinforce his delusion. He's a grade-A assclown. 

-Stealing money - whether from oblivious clowns that subscribe to his bullshit or by defrauding compassionate fans of Texas football who gave willingly to a charity in order to benefit a deceased player's young kid and SO.

-Paying off the IRS to leave him alone - this is what one does with a bag of money they steal from a charity golf tournament in order to avoid going to jail.

-Fucking up recruitments for UT - Fatfuck's dated belief in "getting the scoop" in order to gain credibility and subscribers frequently causes him to blurt out pilfered information on a recruit's announcement before the recruit is ready, often queering the recruitment away from UT's favor. 

-Eating wing restaurants completely out of inventory and destroying everyone else's lunch plans. 

The next time someone tells you that they subscribe to Orangebloods when they try to talk Texas football with you, if you don't shout them down and make them feel regret and shame for their idiocy, you're part of the problem. This guy is repeatedly enabled to fuck with the UT program and make us look stupid as fans by the clowns that continue to hand him money. He's a fucking parasite and a shitheel. 

I'd like to fight him in a boxing match at the Surly Sprint-off for charity and just whip his fucking ass the way it needs to be whipped.

Don’t hold back.  Let us know how you really feel.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like someone is being a jock rider. 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Sounds like someone is being a jock rider. 

We hang on the words of 15-18 year old idiots and get excited when they commit to UT and down about things when they go elsewhere. There is an entire industry involving covering the words and thoughts of the same people, and catering to our emotions as subscribers. We are all pretty much jock riders, sadly.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This goofball didn't list Swanson, Hullaby, or Banks, all of whom could be the next to commit. Yet he listed Dewberry and Llewellyn. He might literally be making up stuff and be less informed than various posters on this board. That list is ... stunning. 

A few days ago he also said Texas had fallen back into the pack with Stewart. So yeah, clearly in tune to what's going on

3 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Brophy's probably AZ's most prestigious high school, especially for the total athletics/academics combination. Similar profile to the big California Jesuit/Catholic high schools. He'll already have access to great facilities, etc. No idea about level of competition.

Edited by texifornia

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

His schtick seems to be running thin. I know his subscriber #'s are probably proprietary, but I'd bet dollars to donuts he's lost a shit ton of subs the past year to IT. He put Dunlap on the recruiting beat b/c of how hollowed out their recruiting coverage has become. It's going to be interesting to see how team coverage fairs now that Anwar lost his source.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Brophy's probably AZ's most prestigious high school, especially for the total athletics/academics combination. Similar profile to the big California Jesuit/Catholic high schools. He'll already have access to great facilities, etc. No idea about level of competition.

I watched his highlights and they’re impressive but I saw Jake Smith’s school in there so the competition can’t be all that great. He physically dominated like you’re supposed to though 

19 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

His schtick seems to be running thin. I know his subscriber #'s are probably proprietary, but I'd bet dollars to donuts he's lost a shit ton of subs the past year to IT. He put Dunlap on the recruiting beat b/c of how hollowed out their recruiting coverage has become. It's going to be interesting to see how team coverage fairs now that Anwar lost his source.

Confirmed.  A lot of 12 year+ posters told him they were done.  He was offering them free subs to stay.  They hate his politics.

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Texas commit Evan Stewart opens up on decision

Spoiler

Texas commit Evan Stewart opens up on decision

MikeRoach

Evan Stewart is the latest big-name prospect to join the 2022 Texas class.

The four-star wide receiver from Frisco (Texas) Liberty chose the Longhorns late on Thursday night, and he told Horns247 that the decision was all about the spotlight he could have in Austin.

"It's a big stage with a big name," Stewart said. "I want to be a really strong performer on that big stage with that big name."

Stewart was being recruited by the existing group of 2022 commits in the class. Armani Winfield, Maalik Murphy and Jaydon Blue were turning up the heat on him and he decided to take the plunge.

"It was really all of them trying to get me to go there," he said. "They were really just recruiting me hard trying to get me down there."

Stewart's recruitment with Texas goes back to the previous staff. He told Horns247 that he always felt he would end up there, but wide receivers coach Andre Coleman and new Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris helped to close the deal on what Jay Valai started.

"Coach Jay (Valai) started it off," he said. "He had a strong input and really started it off well. It was capitalized by (Brandon) Harris and (Andre) Coleman."

Harris is playing a bigger role in each recruitment for Texas. His age and recent experience playing at the college level is huge for Texas, and Stewart said it helps him relate to younger kids.

"He knows how to handle the youth," he said. "That was a big plus. He understands where most of us come from."

Andre Coleman was a big factor as well. The Texas wide receivers coach has a reputation for being genuine and direct, and that approach worked with Stewart.

"Coach Coleman is a good recruiter," he said. "He knows what he wants. He's going to tell you straight up what he wants and that's a good thing to have in a coach."

With his recruitment behind him, Stewart is going back to work to sharpen his skillset to make sure he has a strong senior season and is ready to make an impact when he reaches Austin.

"What's next for me is getting ready for the business I've got to handle," he said. "I've got to be better. I want to be better before I get there so I can display and showcase as soon as I get there."

Stewart works with D-FW wide receiver trainer Margin Hooks, and he's focused on refining some of the finer points of his game.

"Getting in and out of my breaks at the top of my route," he said. "I want to get more of a feel for the game."

Stewart was able to commit while on a Zoom call with the entire staff. The reaction was even more than he would have hoped for.

"They were excited," he said. "Way more excited than what I thought they were going to be. I had a Zoom call with them last night before I told them my final decision. They were all connected and most of the staff was there."

Stewart maintains that he's firmly committed, but he does want to take some visits and see other campuses once the NCAA allows them to make sure he has all of his bases covered.

"I still think I'm going to plan to take visits because I haven't seen any campus yet," he said. "I'm locked in, but if something were to happen I want to be prepared."

At 6-feet, 175 pounds, Stewart is ranked as the No. 5 wide receivers in the nation and No. 8 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite

• Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting