2018 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Beau Vine said:

For all the S-E-C!S-E-C! shit you normally hear, they are eating their own over at SECRant.  It's pretty glorious.

Some of us don't care for Sully.  the whole we look better because the SEC wins is bullshit. Fuck Sully. 

So we're looking at...
Auburn-UF/FAU
Tech-Duke
Arky-Soused Caramelizer
Horns-Tenn Tech

Fullerton-UDub
MSU-Vandy
UNC-Stetson
Oregon St-Minny

Just as we all predicted!

This all ends with Texas vs Fullerton.
I guess it’ll be fun to see how it gets to that, but the other 14 (15) left are playing for 3rd.
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, msudawg said:

You just shot me in the heart. Damnit

Hehe. State is snakebit. They also have a soft spot in my heart. My grandpa was a huge state fan.  His brother was a huge Ole Miss fan.  I cant tell you how many times I heard the story of that field goal getting blown back through the uprights in the egg bowl.  My grandpa passed a while ago and I hadn't thought about that story until I saw your post.  So I googled that kick, and holy shit, that is one of the craziest things I have seen in football. 

The real shitty thing is that in your new SEC model that game wouldn't even matter. Rivalries meant something more before. Need to bring it back. Get rid of this conference pride bullshit. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Hehe. State is snakebit. They also have a soft spot in my heart. My grandpa was a huge state fan.  His brother was a huge Ole Miss fan.  I cant tell you how many times I heard the story of that field goal getting blown back through the uprights in the egg bowl.  My grandpa passed a while ago and I hadn't thought about that story until I saw your post.  So I googled that kick, and holy shit, that is one of the craziest things I have seen in football. 

wow

(watch through 43 seconds)

54 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So did I miss something or is there a legit chance that 3 teams will lose both games in their regional from the SEC today? Has that level of choke ever happened before?

rSKo3SFGiWEsqPxv?format=jpg&name=small

Her initials aren’t MJ, but they’re close. Jordan Matthews jacks a CLUCH three-run bomb over the wall to send Florida #Gators softball to a walk-off win over Texas A&M.

34 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The real shitty thing is that in your new SEC model that game wouldn't even matter. Rivalries meant something more before. Need to bring it back. Get rid of this conference pride bullshit. 

Talking about Snakebit... Still i believe the most talented team we have ever had..1985. vs Texas. Line drive off Gene morgans shin. Never recovered and We lost. We finish 3rd while UT lost to Miami in the championship game. Then in 2013, we lose to UCLA who couldnt hit for shit. But we only had only quality starting pitcher.

Then two years of losing to UCONN and Notre Dame in the Womens national championship. 

Hey, people can say we haven't won anything still.. but damnit we are getting closer. 

Owls brought it this regional.  Much respect.  Horvath's catch looks more important now.   Those fuckers were not giving up. 

Luckily for gata, Mike Martin phoned in the tip to FAU to pinch hit with a freshman with 11 ABs for the last out. 

Edited by Gatorubet

6 hours ago, txhorns said:

There is a lot of stupid in this thread regarding pitchers.  It doesn't matter the age, overextending a pitcher and then having him throw again in the next 5-6 days absolutely effects the pitcher.  It's just a matter of how much it effects him.  Yes the pitchers in these games will be able to come back and pitch next weekend, that doesn't mean they are perfectly fine.  The effects may be pretty minor such as a drop in velocity by a couple mph or a slightly flatter breaking ball but those can easily be the difference between a good outing and getting your ass kicked.  Not to mention that the attitude that these kids can bounce back so quickly and easily is the exact reason why high school and college kids are having TJ surgery at record rates these days.

Yep. Shit man, I just found out about a local 12 yo who's about to have TJ surgery. It's fucking nuts. Parents need to get a grip. Kid has pitched a lot, but was playing short at the time. Went to throw the ball and just heard a pop in his elbow. Overuse injuries should not be happening to 12 yos.

One problem is that pitch counts can regulate how many pitches a kid is throwing in games, but there's no way to regulate them elsewhere, throwing with private coaches, etc.

We had a kid on our team this year who would sometimes tell us his shoulder hurt, and we'd sit him out from pitching or any hard throwing. Then we find out mom was basically telling him to rub some dirt on it, and then having him work with a pitching coach. Kid's a baller, but imho she'll probably fuck him up. She may have already.

Edited by wood

6 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So did I miss something or is there a legit chance that 3 teams will lose both games in their regional from the SEC today? Has that level of choke ever happened before?

aggy vs life...

5 hours ago, wood said:

We had a kid on our team this year who would sometimes tell us his shoulder hurt, and we'd sit him out from pitching or any hard throwing. 

Sad thing is there's a lot of coaches (especially in travel ball) that don't have this type of common sense. There's 12-15 year old kids throwing 3 or 4 times a week. It's also why I'm a big advocate of kids playing multiple sports. 12-15 year old kids shouldn't be pitching year round. It's happening though for some kids. 

As Txhorns stated, it's not surprising seeing the amount of TJ surgeries these days. Kids from an early age are being overextended and it often continues into college. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1