wc day 11 :: marcus the psychic pig

Hagbard Celine

I love all British boys named Harry.

Since we got Concacaffed out by Panama, I decided England would be the team I would root for.

I even set my alarm for 7:00 AM - ON A SUNDAY! - to watch this match.  I have only been able to catch bits and pieces of most of the other matches because of work.

I hope this thing end 10-0.  Go Three Lions!

11 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

20-0 wouldn't satisfy me enough for the bullshit of Panama's qualification run. I only wish that it was a 1-0 loss on a phantom goal. FUUUUCK PANAMA.

And now with the pan goal, and seeing them orgasm over simply scoring at this level, the embarrassment of concacrap increases.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

You do realize, this is the mundial equivalent of a bama 48-7 victory over division 2 directional state.....

Not really.  England usually flames out in an embarrassing way on the big stage.  They haven't sniffed a cup in decades.

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Not really.  England usually flames out in an embarrassing way on the big stage.  They haven't sniffed a cup in decades.

You do realize, you are posting in a thread where pretty much everyone has watched every world cup match of the past 20 to 40 years, and knows the history of the world cup.  And England's history in the world cup.  Because they've watched every England world cup match.  And tens of thousands of hours of european and premier league football.  And English national team matches.  For the past 20 to 40 years.

Just so you know.

36 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, I get up earlier than that most days but Sunday is my sleep in day.

I SACRIFICED FOR THIS!!! lol  

Totally worth it!

I slept in.  Caught the last 15 minutes.  I imagine a lot of bench players will play against Belgium but looking forward to the real games next week

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

You do realize, you are posting in a thread where pretty much everyone has watched every world cup match of the past 20 to 40 years, and knows the history of the world cup.  And England's history in the world cup.  Because they've watched every England world cup match.  And tens of thousands of hours of european and premier league football.  And English national team matches.  For the past 20 to 40 years.

Just so you know.

pretty much everyone?

21 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Just so you know.

And?  I'm in this group as well.  But your attitude is why "real American soccer fans" get such a bad rap.

Sorry if me pointing out that comparing the English national team to the Alabama football team isn't a really great analogy upset you.

Edited by Bama Chick

30 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

For the pool I am in with some buddies need some good Jap plays here....no disrespect to the Orientals

Are you guys watching the match with a bowl full of Cheese Nips?  Careful, it's a slippery slope (what, with all that sweating on the pitch)