Carnoustie - 2018 Open Championship

Wally Fairway

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm barely following, while at work - can someone tell me who Zander Lombard is?
Other than the guy who might be leading this after 2 days (or he could be 3 or 4 back depending on how he finishes)

Well, he's now tied for the lead after the short birdie at 14.  But he has the last 4 to go for it to go all to hell.  Other than that, don't know a damn thing about him.

Just now, lonestarsooner said:

Well, he's now tied for the lead after the short birdie at 14.  But he has the last 4 to go for it to go all to hell.  Other than that, don't know a damn thing about him.

we need a Xander/Zander pairing on Sunday somehow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lonestarsooner said:

His last couple of years would lead you to bet (a lot) on him not being someone to be in the lead, or tied for it, in The Open

Zander OWGR.JPG

Edited by Wally Fairway

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

He's gonna escape with a bogey.

I didn't see what hole he was on.  I saw an iron going way right.  Assumed it was a par 4.  Geez.  That was borderline shank territory.

A couple years ago a pro cold shanked a hozzle rocket on one of the holes with the graphical shot tracker. Weird seeing the tracker color totally disappear to the right. Even the announcer jumped in with a comment that he never knew shottracker could track a shank like that

22 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

You think that’s what intimidates people?

what does that allow you to do next, maybe take 2 less clubs than your opponents? You damn right that intimidates people, worked for Tiger and Jack. any other dumbass questions?

11 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I am in the camp that does not see Woods ever winning another major tournament.

Is there anyone not in your camp?  The Open marks the 5th anniversary of his last major top 10 finish.  It's been over 10 years since he won one.