2018-19 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

21 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

And the money winner will be the FedEx Tour Championship winner, which is redundant forcing both trophies to the winner of the last event (but when you put up the kind of money FedEx is then you deserve to make the rules)

Are you saying that's how it's setting up for this year -- that the same player will win both? Because it doesn't always happen that way. Last year, Justin Thomas won the Money title and Justin Rose won the FedEx Cup. In 2017, DJ won the Money title and Rory won the FedEx Cup.

On 7/24/2019 at 2:17 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Man - it feels like the PGA season went by super quick. I know there are a few events left, but this week and then the last couple of FedEx events are limited field. And then the off-season events to start the '19/'20 hold minimal interest (as does the Presidents Cup). 

And next year they have the Olympics in early August, so that will take some of the players off tour for a week or two.

Brooks has Player of the Year (formula, but if isn't Brooks the formula is wrong), and Tour Player of the Year (player's vote)
Matt Wolff or Dylan should win rookie of the year (maybe Cameron Champ - I forgot he was a 'rook, he played well early in the year)
And the money winner will be the FedEx Tour Championship winner, which is redundant forcing both trophies to the winner of the last event (but when you put up the kind of money FedEx is then you deserve to make the rules)

The majors being this bunched together, even though it's only a few weeks difference, sucks. And I don't see how champ has a shot at ROTY. He won in one start, a no name event with no top tour talent, and has been dreadful ever since. Unless that win alone gets him ROTY. 

I'm still pissed about the changes to the Tour Championship. The last big event of the season is essentially ruined. 

Edited by housious

He's just not a great player anymore. Still young so he has time to figure it out but it's almost gotten to the point where any win would be a shocker. He's barely hanging on to top 70 in the fedex which is the cut for the BMW Championship - 2nd last weekend. 

It's clearly a mental thing and I'm hoping he gets his head right because it's a blast to watch when he's hot and making moves. Big crowd favorite and a Horn (obviously).  

That said - how about this Hovland kid? Really like him. 

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

he's added two more double bogeys to his card.  now +7 through 17.

Spieth missed the Final Rd cut... DAMN!!

With horrible Saturday... went from -9 to only -2

So he got the old MDF... made cut/did not finish 

Highlights of Jordan today...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif