WVU @ Okie State

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

wv beats ou and they are still in the CCG vs. Texas

ou beats wv and it's OU-texas.

so this game doesn't do anything but give OK State a bowl

Right. It just allows UT to control its own destiny. 

Pokes still got a bowl during a very down year. 

1 minute ago, AeroHorn said:

Last time OSU did us a favor, we had the Colorado game. Let's not do that again.

Thanks for reminding me-that memory was almost erased.  But then again, at 66 yrs of age, it along with many others will be gone again soon.😎

Just now, NowThis said:

how?

if we keep winning, we will automatically make the big 12 championship game. The only thing that can keep us out of the big 12 championship game is if texas loses.

Had OSU not beaten WVU, then if Texas won out, they could still have been left out of the championship game if OU beat WVU.

Just now, NowThis said:

wv only has 2 losses in B12, and if they beat OU, they ahve the tiebreaker over Texas right?

Yes...but we have the tie-breaker over OU. So if WV wins it is Texas-WV in the championship game.

Oh I see where you are confused. Yes we cannot finish first but we can now finish second which is all we need.

• Like 1

Just now, BigXII said:

if we keep winning, we will automatically make the big 12 championship game. The only thing that can keep us out of the big 12 championship game is if texas loses.

Had OSU not beaten WVU, then if Texas won out, they could still have been left out of the championship game if OU beat WVU.

lol, i get it now.  Just win tonight and the loser of the OU WV is out. Duh on me. Just win tonight. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

wv only has 2 losses in B12, and if they beat OU, they ahve the tiebreaker over Texas right?

If WVU beats OU, then WVU has 2 losses, OU has 2 losses, and Texas has 2 losses. They take the top 2 teams for the Big 12 championship game, Texas has the tiebreaker over OU, big 12 championship game is WVU vs Texas

if OU beats WVU, then OU has 2 losses, Texas has 2 losses, and WVU has 3 losses. Texas goes to the Big 12 championship game, it's OU vs Texas.

3 minutes ago, NowThis said:

WV plays OU next week. One of them is losing. If WV loses, they now have 3 losses. If OU loses, they would have 2 losses. All of those losses being conference losses. Texas also has 2. So they benefit from either result. If WV wins, OU now has 2 and Texas beat them head to head. If OU wins, WV now has 3 and we only have 2. Texas controls its own destiny.

Edited by Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

how?

Wvu has 2 conference losses

we have 2 conference  losses

we win out we end up with 2 losses. Wvu loses next week they have 3.

Wvu wins next week OU has 2 losses. So us, OU and Wvu all end up with 2 losses. We beat ou so we have tie breaker over them...

i think. Drank a few,

Edited by FizzleFish

1 minute ago, FizzleFish said:

we win out we end up with 2 losses. Wvu loses next week they have 3. Wvu wins next week OU has 2 losses. So us, OU and Wvu all end up with 2 losses. We beat ou so we have tie breaker over them...

i think. Drank a few,

Yep you are correct. Texas benefits from either result next week assuming we take care of business tonight. 

3 minutes ago, FizzleFish said:

we win out we end up with 2 losses. Wvu loses next week they have 3. Wvu wins next week OU has 2 losses. So us, OU and Wvu all end up with 2 losses. We beat ou so we have tie breaker over them...

i think. Drank a few,

Correct. In that scenario there would be a 3-way tie, TX -Wv and Ou all same confidence record. 

WV would get#1 seed being 2-0 in that 3 team pod. TX #2 @ 1-1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Yep...Jerry World

“I remember every single team/player that disrespects the rich tradition of the University of Texas by putting the Horns down. Do not think it will be forgotten in the future.”

This could turn into an all-time great quote from a UT QB if Sam gets his revenge. Holy shit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NowThis said:

You silly fuck. If they beat OU, we play them. Because we have same record and tie breaker over OU.

Assuming we cream the corn

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Yep. Going to possibly be the first time my wife would step into Jerryworld. She's pissed it's there. but loves somsome horns.

I've only been once, when Texas played UNC in basketball in 2009. That game was fucking legit.

Was 99% sure this was a loss for OSU at halftime. 

Great adjustments by Gundy.  He's a good coach. 

Corndog almost threw the game away on an out-of-bounds INT and missed a few open guys in the second half, but those runs were clutch and the old man did hit a couple of big passes. Entire last drive was amazing.   Defense played well all game against a  Heisman hopeful QB.  

Very glad I was wrong.

• Like 1