Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

f157b2d8e3cff4b75ea081ad79129193.jpg

Today we're celebrating the birthday of our taproom manager Rachel with a very special beer, Glitterboyz! She worked with James Herrington to craft a sour ale, then added 1 pound of blue raspberry sour candy straws per gallon. Obviously they had to finish this Wonka-style concoction with edible glitter for that extra bit of whimsy! Glitter is extremely hard to photograph, but when you get a pour and hold it up to the light, you'll see lots of sparkle. This beer smells like pure candy and has the exact same mouth-puckering flavor as the straws.

where’s the goddamned self respect?

This week’s post-mowing beer is Relax [it’s just a hazy IPA] by Offshoot Beer Co. out of California. I’ve had this a couple times in California and learned they just released it here in Dallas this week. Apparently it is a collaboration with The Bruery (which I never realized before).

It’s tasty...in my O...

9f19f0d7c4c1224680e20d8963aa6751.jpg

• Like 1

f157b2d8e3cff4b75ea081ad79129193.jpg

Today we're celebrating the birthday of our taproom manager Rachel with a very special beer, Glitterboyz! She worked with James Herrington to craft a sour ale, then added 1 pound of blue raspberry sour candy straws per gallon. Obviously they had to finish this Wonka-style concoction with edible glitter for that extra bit of whimsy! Glitter is extremely hard to photograph, but when you get a pour and hold it up to the light, you'll see lots of sparkle. This beer smells like pure candy and has the exact same mouth-puckering flavor as the straws. There are only about 3 gallons of this extremely limited brew, so we are allowing one 5oz pour per person. It is unlikely that it will last beyond tonight, so make sure to stop by and try it!

Tonight's food is from Bad Spanish Tacos. They craft mouthwatering authentic street tacos from slow smoked meats, hand-pressed tortillas, and homemade salsas. Skip the restaurant,
and come get dinner and a beer in the taproom, you'll be happy you did!

#brewery #birthday #sourale #sourbeer #candy #tacos #ipa #stout #beergeek #fun #craftbeer

So did you shit glitter the next morning?

So did you shit glitter the next morning?

I haven’t had the Turning Point beer though I did have a glitter beer at Austin Beerworks a few years back when they just had the original taproom. The bartender would put the light on his phone under the beer to showcase the glitter effect.

I'll probably be laughed out of thread, but I picked several sixers of Celis White for $3.62 each. You can't beat that. 

You won’t get any laughs from this beer nerd as Celis White back in Austin in the mid-90s was my original gateway beer nerd beer.

On a positive note, yesterday at Georgia St Taphouse, Amarillo;  I found Prairie Double Dunk on tap at $10 for a 13oz pour.

It was everything I hoped it would be. Damned sure NOT a 'session beer.'  

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

they using metric glasses there?

Had a 16oz of American Lager(AKA Coors original) for $2 in a regular pint glass.  The Double Dunk was in a proper snifter glass.  The menu said 13oz pour.

If you want to ever see beer to go in Texas ... seriously ... I think 2019 is the only shot for the foreseeable future.

The Brewer's Guild has got one of the two major distributor alliances on board with B2G which is pretty unbelievable in and of itself, but the other alliance, the Wholesale Beer Distributors of Texas is still paying off the lege committee leads who refuse to give this bill a shot in committee, much less a shot at a floor vote. The last option is to tie this bill as an amendment to the TABC sunset review that is up for vote this thursday i believe. You can show support by contacting your State Rep, mine is Gina Hinojosa who is very pro-B2G (shit, mostly everyone is ... it has the most co-authors and most bipartisan support of any bill in front of the House Licensing Committee). The only opposition are the jerks who the WBDT paid off, like Kelly Hancock and Tracy King, who head the committees where this bill would get heard; and Speaker Bonnen who's FIL owns a fucking WBDT distributorship. Bonnen refuses to recuse himself from issues related to alcohol this session.  Texas, amiright?

Anyway, here are some ways you can show support

Edited by Bottlecap

47 minutes ago, stupidgringo said:

Giddyup

37 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Another amendment that passed would allow you drunk assholes to buy beer at 10am on Sundays from grocery stores.

I'm about 98% certain most surlsters can't handle this.  The stoopid blue laws were actually a reprieve, a respite, for the normal people, to help withstand the onslaught of drunken depravity perpetrated on the masses by surly posters.

yeah, if I buy beer at 10AM on a football Sunday, I'll drink uncontrollably before noon.  just like I do on the other days of the week.

Idiotic laws...

Edited by slorch

17 hours ago, stupidgringo said:

There shouldn't be too much friction in the Senate. One of the things about the house was that, while many Reps have breweries in their district, something like 100 or so, did not. Meanwhile, EVERY senator has a brewery in their district, which should help make the case for their constituents. Still, never underestimate the fuckery of BIG DISTRO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

There shouldn't be too much friction in the Senate. One of the things about the house was that, while many Reps have breweries in their district, something like 100 or so, did not. Meanwhile, EVERY senator has a brewery in their district, which should help make the case for their constituents. Still, never underestimate the fuckery of BIG DISTRO.

Yes, unfortunately big distro is also in every district, and they've been buying off politicians for a lot longer than craft breweries have been fighting for their rights to party.

Still, this finally seems to have some momentum behind it. I'll cross my fingers and whistle past a graveyard or something.