Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

A black adult preacher was calling them faggots, bigots and telling the indian that they lost their land because they worshipped a false God.  

Wow, that guy was a real dick.  No doubt about it.

They probably shoulda called him the N word a few times to straighten him out.  That woulda been cool, right?

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Wow, that guy was a real dick.  No doubt about it.

They probably shoulda called him the N word a few times to straighten him out.  That woulda been cool, right?

There is a 100% chance he has been called that among the group of kids and/or their parents at some point since that confrontation.

No doubt.

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You mean those white kids who were tomahawk chopping and mocking the Native Americans?

Yeah, that's cool.

Counter point...perhaps if, as a nation, we didn't normalize disparaging the Native Americans... I'm thinking the Washington racial slurs, the tomahawk chop at baseball (Braves) and football (FSU), etc,  they wouldn't have thought it was ok to...ah who am I kidding, they knew it would be offensive and that's why they did it.

My point is that for an hour they withstood the barrage of foul comments from the Black Hebrew group and never used the N word.  I don't think the average teen finds the tomahawk chop as being overly offensive.  Let me be clear that I think it is, but it has been somewhat normalized in our society.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

A black adult preacher was calling them faggots, bigots and telling the indian that they lost their land because they worshipped a false God.  

And nobody is saying that wasn’t bad.  

There were no innocents here, although you would expect the kids being raised in a Catholic environment wouldn’t be making public jokes about rape.  

The real story here is that the Black Israelites are actually bad.  Many people support the Black Israelites and believe they are not bad, so this recent event bringing to light that they are bad is a big deal and what people really should be talking about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The black Israelites were the ones using that term   

Yeah, they were saying lots of vile shit.

And I will now count on.....ZERO FINGERS....the number of people defending their conduct.

Back to the kids, would it have been cool if they dropped an N-bomb on the black muslims israelites?*  

*What the kids' parents called 'em.  Because you gotta use ALL the scary buzzwords.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

And I will now count on.....ZERO FINGERS....the number of people defending their conduct.

Back to the kids, would it have been cool if they dropped an N-bomb on the black muslims israelites?*  

*What the kids' parents called 'em.  Because you gotta use ALL the scary buzzwords.

They didn’t call them anything as near as I can tell.  

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And I will now count on.....ZERO FINGERS....the number of people defending their conduct

Now count on your fingers the number of people who have doxxed them.  Or called for them to be fired.  Or expelled.  

• Like 3

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

They didn’t call them anything as near as I can tell.  

Which is good.

They didn't engage in violence.  Which is good.

They did engage in native American taunts, like the tomahawk chop and war whoops, when engaging with the native Americans.  Which is bad.

One of them said that "it isn't rape if you enjoy it."  That's bad.

A group of them jeered a group of girls walking by with MAGA chants, Build the Wall, and "Slut."  That's bad.

In your zeal to absolve them of the full litany of sins first laid out, you should be careful not to canonize them.  "They weren't as bad as first reported" doesn't equal "the were good kids."

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Kind of weird how all the media and social media attention has been on the Covington students and not the real bad actors in this scenario.  

Wonder why?

Because the Black Israelites are fringe nutbars?  Seriously, they're the equivalent of any number of nutbar sects that has berated me from street corners in Austin, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, etc.  Nobody talks about them because there are like 100 of these folks in the country.  And they're nutbars.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You and I both know what happened behind closed doors. We know because we're white.

You must associate with some trashy, trashy white people.  Because I haven’t heard that term in decades by a white person.  Never heard it from anyone in my family growing up.  

I guess maybe give the trash you freely associate with, I can understand you hating whites.  Maybe pursue a better socioeconomic circle of friends and associates

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 3

Who must associated with some trashy, trashy white people.  Because I haven’t heard that term in decades by a white personal.  Never heard it from anyone in my family growing up.  

I guess maybe give the trash you freely associate with, I can understand you hating whites.  Maybe pursue a better socioeconomic circle of friends and associates but. 

You're lying.

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Now count on your fingers the number of people who have doxxed them.  Or called for them to be fired.  Or expelled.  

If any of them were anything but fringe nutbars, I expect they would absolutely face negative repercussions.  Seriously, they're literally street-corner apocalyptic religious freaks.  I've seen and heard folks like this my entire life.  We all just walk by and ignore them (except when we occasionally engage with them for amusement -- "Sir, you're going to HELL!" Brisket: "Damn right I am, that's where the party is!")

Nobody is defending the nutbars because they're nutbars.  Nobody is worried about making sure the nutbars face repercussions because they are a complete non-factor in American life.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Kind of weird how all the media and social media attention has been on the Covington students and not the real bad actors in this scenario.  

Wonder why?

Lol at the notion that those black Israelites would run from unwanted attention.  Do you seriously believe those black Israelites have jobs or other endeavors outside of being black Israelites? They're literally begging to be doxxed or to have something happen that would raise their profile beyond the infinitesimal status it currently holds.  

4 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Lol at the notion that those black Israelites would run from unwanted attention.  Do you seriously believe those black Israelites have jobs or other endeavors outside of being black Israelites? They're literally begging to be doxxed or to have something happen that would raise their profile beyond the infinitesimal status it currently holds.  

I don’t know what attention they want.  I know what attention they got from media and social media despite by far being the worst actors in this ordeal.  

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So this is an East Coast thing?  Because I could swear that I'd never heard of a Black Israelite before this weekend.

They're pretty much in every big city along the Atlantic seaboard until you hit Charlotte or Atlanta.  5 percenters everywhere are perking up and running to DC to get their profile up.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

22 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

When your job appears to be standing around and randomly yelling crazy shit at people, it’s kind of hard to get fired.  And it’s hard to dox somebody when they may not have a fixed income, fixed address, or social media.    

I’ve seen enough crazies in downtown Austin and Houston yelling crazy shit, and I’ve never had the desire to find out who they were.    

These guys take it up a notch, and the SPLC or one of the other groups like that have been tracking them as a hate group.  

• Like 1

I'm glad I haven't paid much attention to this mess.  I will say this, as a father of a great kid (cue "he was a great kid") who as a young teenager is only now showing any signs of having even a shred of leadership potential, I think it's kinda shitty to extrapolate shitty teenage behavior too far forward in life.  I don't think my son would ever disparage someone for their race or sexuality but I've seen him go along with the de facto group leader in goofy jackassery dozens if not a hundred times or more in his young life.  He's a follower.  An inherently moral, ethical follower.  At times "follow" wins out.

This is not to say Smirky McSmirkface isn't a dick -- he seems to exude dickishness -- but I'll bet there's a dozen boys in that group who are quite literally going along to get along.  Throw in a completely naive world view and sometimes things that get told as "truth" are just absorbed as such, until much later when actual experience teaches otherwise.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Wonder why?

Maybe because it's already been established that they were bad actors.  

Maybe because they didnt hire a PR firm or have half the media and the president of the United States coming out saying they did NOTHING wrong?

Just because the black extremist group may have started it doesnt absolve the Covington kids' actions against the Natives.  It's now been proven they were being douches at multiple points in the day to multiple groups of people.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So this is an East Coast thing?  Because I could swear that I'd never heard of a Black Israelite before this weekend.

Whitney Houston gave them a bunch of publicity like 10 years ago.   

I’m honestly surprised this didn’t turn into a violent confrontation.  The Israelites sound nutty as hell.  Again, the Catholic kids had real dumbasses for chaperones. 

Just now, Tom said:

Maybe because it's already been established that they were bad actors.  

Maybe because they didnt hire a PR firm or have half the media and the president of the United States coming out saying they did NOTHING wrong?

Just because the black extremist group may have started it doesnt absolve the Covington kids' actions against the Natives.  It's now been proven they were being douches at multiple points in the day to multiple groups of people.  

It’s also been proven the Indians were the ones that walked up to the Covington kids and Vietnam era vet and activist Phillips changed his story of what happened as the video showed. He lied his ass off to inflame social justice warriors. 

It’s also been proven the Indians were the ones that walked up to the Covington kids and Vietnam era vet and activist Phillips changed his story of what happened as the video showed. He lied his ass off to inflame social justice warriors. 

It’s a story with no heroes so maybe people ought to quit trying to find one. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's so unfair. So, so, so unfair.

I bet the racist whites you hang out with dropped a few N bombs since that is something you routinely witness.  For some reason your racist friends feel comfortable using the N word around you.  I wonder why that is?

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

The Israelites sound nutty as hell.  Again, the Catholic kids had real dumbasses for chaperones. 

This is key.

My kids were 8 and 6 the first time we visited San Francisco.  At some point, some nutbar yelled something at them.  Both kids kinda freaked out, and got upset.  We stepped into a storefront, and I explained pretty simply that we were in a big city now, and in bigger cities, there are crazy folks yelling all kinds of stuff.  What you're supposed to do is ignore them if need be, give them a wide berth.  It happens all the time, and we need to roll with it.  And that was that.  Crazy people street preachers, etc., none of them get under their skin. Becuase I took literally 30 seconds to explain to them 'oh yeah, this is some shit that happens in cities, just move along."

Also, it drove home that Austin isn't a real city - they weren't exposed to any of that shit on a Tuesday afternoon like they have been in real urban environments.