If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

did they give a reason?

Felt she was spread (so to speak) too thin with a husband who travels as much as he does. At the end of the day, she said what she made monetarily wasn't worth all the sacrifices she was making with family and having to work full-time AND handle all child duty while her husband was out of town. Pretty logical honestly.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, C-Man said:

Felt she was spread (so to speak) too thin with a husband who travels as much as he does. At the end of the day, she said what she made monetarily wasn't worth all the sacrifices she was making with family and having to work full-time AND handle all child duty while her husband was out of town. Pretty logical honestly.

Give her half of Bob's salary.  She brings more to the station than him. Then if he wants to leave because it isn't worth the money wellbye.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Kinda wild how open she’s being about the shitty pay

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that only the show hosts make money of any consequence. I'm pretty sure TC/Jake used to talk about, Danny definitely has and I think Sirois too.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that only the show hosts make money of any consequence. I'm pretty sure TC/Jake used to talk about, Danny definitely has and I think Sirois too.

Yea this isn’t a secret at the Ticket or radio in general. Hell at a lot of stations that are not the Ticket the on air talent still makes dick squat.

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Knew they were paid potatoes but just a bit more sincerity with their shot taking/hostility with her situation. Sirois today sounded off on it today.

Yeah Chael really teed off and hit hard about the pay. Has me wondering if he will see some flack about it from management. I also wonder how much they make from endorsements doing the ads they do. Imagine that can't be a whole hell of a lot either.

Radio guys get paid peanuts and work insane hours unless you are Tier 1 or sell your own show's advertising. As far as commercial pay goes, it varies depending on in-house or agency, whether it airs on your station or multiple stations, in market, regional or national. Usually you get a Talent Fee for cutting the spot and residuals per air depending on the contract. Some have lump sum payments like getting a car for a year in exchange for being the dealer spokesman. It's all as clear as mud. I'm sure Conrad gets paid more to cut intros than most Tier 2 or 3 staff.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Yeah Chael really teed off and hit hard about the pay. Has me wondering if he will see some flack about it from management. I also wonder how much they make from endorsements doing the ads they do. Imagine that can't be a whole hell of a lot either.

Non tier 1 personnel doing paid endorsements seems to be a new thing. I remember only 2 or 3 years ago it would be rare to hear people like Donovan doing ads, much less Ticker people like Julie and Ty or even engineers like Killer have done lately. 

On 7/16/2021 at 3:43 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Not enough dough for the time commitment and time away from family.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, bluto said:

Kinda wild how open she’s being about the shitty pay

On 7/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, C-Man said:

On 7/17/2021 at 2:37 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Yea this isn’t a secret at the Ticket or radio in general. Hell at a lot of stations that are not the Ticket the on air talent still makes dick squat.

Welcome to working in sports in general. Work your dick off for very little pay with the dream of one day making it to the very select elite level that makes more than dick squat. The sports industry (media or otherwise) always has had and probably always will have a heavily engrained culture of...if you don't like it, look out that window because there's a line around the building of younger people wanting your job who are willing to do it for less money just so they can work in sports. Tough way to make a living and very few actually ever make it to the earning more than dick squat level.

Edited by Landomatic