2019 PGA Championship @ Bethpage Black

Wally Fairway

Sure was fun to see DJ get within a stroke of the lead with 4-5 holes still left.  Koepka finally showed that he was human -- had a 7 stroke lead whittled down to 1 stroke before DJ faltered at the end with 2 late bogeys...

Really glad Spieth grinded out a 3rd place finish. Still has lots of work to do with the Driver, but the putter really showed up this week!!! 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

Varner needs that putt for 80. 

Anyone know what the worst round is for a final round last pairing at a Major is? Varner never had a chance, just curious.

Rory’s Masters was bad, think he was the Sunday leader, but may not have had 80.

DJ 2010 US Open remember he double or tripled holes b2b early Sunday

ETA: Googled. DJ in 2010 shot an 82. Not seeing a google return for easy answer to worst ever Sunday round.

I watched maybe 5 minutes total of this tournament unfortunately, and didn't bother to tune in today when I saw Koepa had like a 5 stroke lead before today's round. Does he legitimately have a shot too at Jack's record? Dude is dialed in right now, but it's kind of hard to root for him since he really doesn't seem to have much of a personality imo.

15 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I watched maybe 5 minutes total of this tournament unfortunately, and didn't bother to tune in today when I saw Koepa had like a 5 stroke lead before today's round. Does he legitimately have a shot too at Jack's record? Dude is dialed in right now, but it's kind of hard to root for him since he really doesn't seem to have much of a personality imo.

I’d be shocked if he makes it 8, much less 18.

4 minutes ago, housious said:

I’d be shocked if he makes it 8, much less 18.

Yeah it's probably hyperbole to think he could get 18, but unless he suffers a major injury in the next few years, it's going to be hard to see him not have double digit majors.