Goo Punch

2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

now if they did a 2 v 2 or a 3 v 3 i would really be interested in that. Dame, Kawhi, and Jokic vs Steph, LeBron, and Embiid. something like that.

Edited by Goo Punch

25 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

a healthy KD or Kawhi would win if this were to actually happen. 

KD would be impossible to stop. Of course, Lebron would just try to push his way to the basket against everyone.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

No doubt. Unless they have separate height brackets, Steph and Dame wouldn't want any part of getting backed all the way down and dunked on 11 times by LeBron (not that he'd participate anyway).

The only way to make it work would be to make it more fun and quicker (and less room for embarrassment).  Basically turn what they do at every Olympic team practice into a real competition: 1 on 1 with a line of guys rotating in, you stay on until you miss, new defender after every make.

Knock out wouldnt be too bad I guess

Edited by d2o

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

now if they did a 2 v 2 or a 3 v 3 i would really be interested in that. Dame, Kawhi, and Jokic vs Steph, LeBron, and Embiid. something like that.

This is what I want to see.

And the mid range game is pretty much dead in today's game. Either shoot a 3 or get an under the basket shot. No one wants to shoot a 2pt shot when they can just move back a little and shoot one that is a 3.

I think it was Pop that said the 3pt shot is not real basketball or has ruined the game. Something to that degree.

82018804_3713890121969521_33109396035773

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Horse, no dunks. 

They did horse for a couple years and every one complained about how boring it was.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

And the mid range game is pretty much dead in today's game. Either shoot a 3 or get an under the basket shot. No one wants to shoot a 2pt shot when they can just move back a little and shoot one that is a 3.

I think it was Pop that said the 3pt shot is not real basketball or has ruined the game. Something to that degree.

82018804_3713890121969521_33109396035773

Move the line back so that it makes it a much lower % shot that not everyone has the range for. That also would open the floor even more if players still stood behind the line. 

1 hour ago, d2o said:

They did horse for a couple years and every one complained about how boring it was.

You couldn't pay me to watch a game of HORSE between Steph Curry and Larry Bird. Just an awful, awful spectator game.

Was a staple back in the 70s during halftime on CBS, obviously taped in the offseason and don't recall the players really going after one another.  They had that, HORSE and Auerbach giving tips using players as models.  

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You couldn't pay me to watch a game of HORSE between Steph Curry and Larry Bird. Just an awful, awful spectator game.

Good thing no one is offering to pay you

Lol this game is hilarious. 

I'm loving these new jerseys. They should fix the logo too, that bleeding R is ugly like the uniforms from that era.

Gimmie that ketchup and mustard or that modern retro red white.

what a year this guy is having:

gonna be reeeaaalll interesting to see how he and Zion coexist. My gut says that they both wreck, but it's going to be a challenge for Ingram to from finally being "the man", to playing second fiddle to a rookie who hasn't even played a single game yet.

These Kyrie quotes the last couple of days is proof positive that he is exactly the issue that the media has been reporting all these yrs.

you gotta love guys who thrive off shitty lobs. that ball was five feet from the rim and behind Ja, and he just calmly grabs it with one hand and easily flushes it. kid is gonna be a star.

Luka with an incidental elbow to whiteside when whiteside draws a charge- refs upgrade to flagrant 1. Like a minute later whiteside with an inadvertent elbow to Luka during follow through of a block- no foul called.