Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Murray=bottom third of NFL starting QB's arm strength

With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect, this is a retard level take. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, he does, because it's accurate and he throws a very catchable ball (including deep throws). It is not ++ strength especially when compared to other NFL prospects. There's a reason his baseball scouting report had 4, below average, for arm strength.

This right here is a throw that the vast majority of NFL QBs cannot do. Off one leg, on the run, 50+ yards. It is effortless. There’s others, but he has an elite arm. I hate Ou too, but he has the goods from a throwing standpoint. 

22 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Well my argument revolves around scouting evidence that says he isn’t graded well because he’s a multi-sport athlete. Like the quote said, which you totally just ignored. 

But ill go further with evidence from scouting reports for football, since I guess you won’t take a low rep opinion seriously. 

Compact delivery really generates a lot of torque, baseball background is evident and effective to create velocity. Easy thrower, capable of pushing the ball vertically, even when his base remains unset. Ball explodes off his hand and arrives with great pace and trajectory.”

Despite his lack of size (5-foot-10, 195 pounds), Murray has a powerful arm that he uses to rifle passes to his targets with high velocity. He doesn't typically throw into a lot of tight windows, but the velocity Murray can put on his passes lends itself well to tight-window throws in the NFL. That arm strength allows Murray to complete passes to every portion of the field.”

I could go on and on and on. Listen he’s not up there with fucking Elway or Marino but he has well above average arm strength and everyone sees but you...

You quoted a freelance sportswriter for DMN for a fucking scouting report and then didn't even cite it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:
27 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Well my argument revolves around scouting evidence that says he isn’t graded well because he’s a multi-sport athlete. Like the quote said, which you totally just ignored. 

But ill go further with evidence from scouting reports for football, since I guess you won’t take a low rep opinion seriously. 

Compact delivery really generates a lot of torque, baseball background is evident and effective to create velocity. Easy thrower, capable of pushing the ball vertically, even when his base remains unset. Ball explodes off his hand and arrives with great pace and trajectory.”

Despite his lack of size (5-foot-10, 195 pounds), Murray has a powerful arm that he uses to rifle passes to his targets with high velocity. He doesn't typically throw into a lot of tight windows, but the velocity Murray can put on his passes lends itself well to tight-window throws in the NFL. That arm strength allows Murray to complete passes to every portion of the field.”

I could go on and on and on. Listen he’s not up there with fucking Elway or Marino but he has well above average arm strength and everyone sees but you...

Read more  

You quoted a freelance sportswriter for DMN for a fucking scouting report and then didn't even cite it.

And remember to use MLA format!

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I mean how many people flick it, off one leg, 50 yds, perfect placement?  It’s like y’all have never watched football before. That’s a Mahomes/Allen/Rodgers type throw. 

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect, this is a retard level take. 

This right here is a throw that the vast majority of NFL QBs cannot do. Off one leg, on the run, 50+ yards. It is effortless. There’s others, but he has an elite arm. I hate Ou too, but he has the goods from a throwing standpoint. 

I've watched him since he was a Jr. in Hs and I kept telling myself he really isn't that good. Truth is he really is that good. 

Will it translate to the pros? 

24 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

My bad on not citing the quote but  I almost forgot that everyone on here has been scouting for years and can dictate who’s a legit scout and who’s not. If he’s freelance then what the fuck are we? A bunch of no-name posters who we think has knowledge of the game but by all means could be regurgitating shit on the internet and calling it ours. 

The point is Murray has good arm strength and you don’t have to be a scout, freelance sports writer or a dude from here to realize that. 

Edit: if you want to look up the the freelance writer, his name is josh owning, dies a lot of film room work. 

Edited by DoneWithit

13 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Did that throw change his source? Did it change how he presented it?

Sorry. Quoted the wrong post. I don’t give a shit what he’s sourcing. Just watch the damn play. 

16 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I mean I've seen Dak and Wentz do it to in two seasons

Dak cannot throw that ball. Period. Show me some evidence. Wentz, maybe. But I’d like to see it.

Long throws and deep balls are not truly indicative of arm strength. Some of the best deep balll throwers in NFL history are not plus arm guys. Arm strength is about those deep outs  . Murray does not have plus arm strength by NFL standards. He has a pretty average arm in terms of velocity and would likely struggle playing in the north east 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Sorry. Quoted the wrong post. I don’t give a shit what he’s sourcing. Just watch the damn play. 

Dak cannot throw that ball. Period. Show me some evidence. Wentz, maybe. But I’d like to see it.

Dak: https://youtu.be/KHq6GgE9F7Q

Wentz: https://youtu.be/COnjvS4tLmU?t=590

Sorry don't know MLA for youtube videos. 

I should also say that I think this entire argument is dumb. I just don't think it's crazy to see QBs throwing 50 yards downfield. Murray was running forward which would help if anything. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Like 1

E.J. Holland: Updates from a monster recruiting weekend...

- Four-star Highland Park defensive end Prince Dorbah did make it in for an unofficial visit this morning. He actually arrived early and is on his way home right now. He had a great time on campus.

- Visitors are still filing in as they will make their way to the basketball game against OU tonight.

- Four-star offensive lineman Chad Lindberg actually had lunch with Hudson Card before their visit got started. Chad and Hudson and their moms Emily and Cindy are forming a great bond.

- We are continuing to hear awesome things on both Jake Majors and Jaylen Garth. I think Texas has separated itself as the team to beat in both recruitments. It wouldn't be surprising if Texas can close with them early on.

coffee.gifcoffee.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

My bad on not citing the quote but  I almost forgot that everyone on here has been scouting for years and can dictate who’s a legit scout and who’s not. If he’s freelance then what the fuck are we? A bunch of no-name posters who we think has knowledge of the game but by all means could be regurgitating shit on the internet and calling it ours. 

The point is Murray has good arm strength and you don’t have to be a scout, freelance sports writer or a dude from here to realize that. 

Edit: if you want to look up the the freelance writer, his name is josh owning, dies a lot of film room work. 

My point which you so eloquently made for me is that you basically quoted a fucking message board poster. 

47 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Guys.... fuck Kyler Murray. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

My point which you so eloquently made for me is that you basically quoted a fucking message board poster. 

I didn’t but if you think that a message board poster is equal to someone that watches film and writes articles over that for a living than more power to you. 

23 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Dak: https://youtu.be/KHq6GgE9F7Q

Wentz: https://youtu.be/COnjvS4tLmU?t=590

Sorry don't know MLA for youtube videos. 

I should also say that I think this entire argument is dumb. I just don't think it's crazy to see QBs throwing 50 yards downfield. Murray was running forward which would help if anything. 

I watched those. Both about 45 yards and Murray’s was about 55 yards and moonshot it.

i guarantee all his draft profiles will be about how strong his arm is. 

I agree that Murray has a good arm, but you can't compare a deep throw made after a five yard sprint in the direction you're throwing off one leg springing the ball forward (not one leg backing up) to being in the pocket and darting a 15 yard pass out to the sideline before the corner recovers or safety jumps the route. There is a difference in those types of arm strengths. That was basically the equivalent of a javelin throw, torque, momentum and thrust in basically the target direction.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

EJ does this for a living...so maybe that isn't a strong argument either.

EJ told us that we were in the hunt for bru and Sanders till the end when every swinging dick on here knew we weren’t. EJ post more stuff to satisfy a particular audience, that’s not the job of the writer I posted so I don’t see the resemblance. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about & the confidence in your drivel is extremely entertaining.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I watched those. Both about 45 yards and Murray’s was about 55 yards and moonshot it.

i guarantee all his draft profiles will be about how strong his arm is. 

Ummm... yeah Dak ran out of real estate there. Another 10+ yds, it’s a souvenir. And Carson was grasped around the ankles falling down. 

I’m not advocating Kylo has a pea shooter for an arm, but to say it’s top 5 in the NFL is ludicrous.

Just to underscore what a coup this recruiting event was, here's the rundown of our priority in-state targets who attended today:

1/1 QB (Card)

2/3 RB (Evans, McClellan, Jordan didn't make it in)

1/2 outside WR (Demas, no Omeire)

1/1 inside WR (Dixon)

5/5 OL (Garth, Majors, Parr, George, Lindberg)

3/4 DL (Dorbah, Broughton, Princely was at the basketball game, and the only no-show Collins visited last weekend)

1/2 LB (Scott, counting Jackson  - who didn't attend - as an LB for now)

2/4 DB (Washington, Jones, no Thompson or Snow)

That's over 70%, and this wasn't even junior day.

Edit: Dixon made it in.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 6