Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

21 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

can we get a weight/height update on card from one of LT posters?

he is 6'2+ and growing. still pretty thin but in a good way. he has progressed as a QB over the course of the season. it will be interesting to watch what he can do against Judson this Saturday. i dont think LT has the offensive line to make it past Judson but if Card has time, he can do a lot of damage with his arm or his legs. 

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

he is 6'2+ and growing. still pretty thin but in a good way. he has progressed over the course of the season. it will be interesting to watch what he can do against Judson this Saturday. i dont think LT has the offensive line to make it past Judson but if Card has time, he can do a lot of damage with his arm or his legs. 

Hopefully they make it past Judson so I can catch him at Jerry World. His athleticism popped off the screen in last year's championship game.

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Hopefully they make it past Judson so I can catch him at Jerry World. His athleticism popped off the screen in last year's championship game.

well, if they make it past Judson, they have an even bigger challenge waiting in North Shore. If they can beat those two, I like the rematch with Allen. 

3 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

he is 6'2+ and growing. still pretty thin but in a good way. he has progressed as a QB over the course of the season. it will be interesting to watch what he can do against Judson this Saturday. i dont think LT has the offensive line to make it past Judson but if Card has time, he can do a lot of damage with his arm or his legs. 

That boy needs to be woofing a gallon of milk and 32 ounces of red meat a day. 

5 hours ago, Fud said:

Somewhere in the low 20s depending on how many we take this class. I'd guess something like 22-23

What is your basis in taking this position? I have seen you do it consistently now and it is due to roster examination, scuttlebutt you're hearing from your folks, something Herman has indicated publicly, or something else? I haven't given it much thought yet, nor asked around, so I'm curious if I am missing something. My view by default is that they're always going to sign 25 or more. Roster attrition will take care of itself, accordingly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What is your basis in taking this position? I have seen you do it consistently now and it is due to roster examination, scuttlebutt you're hearing from your folks, something Herman has indicated publicly, or something else? I haven't given it much thought yet, nor asked around, so I'm curious if I am missing something. My view by default is that they're always going to sign 25 or more. Roster attrition will take care of itself, accordingly. 

Always gets confusing for me with the 25 Class limit rules and ability to count back numbers on previous Classes for Early Enrollees..... 

Anyone who has the specific details on this for 2020 Class,  i would really appreciate it if you provide info.

Thanks... 🤘

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My math, which could be wrong. I thought we theoretically had room for 34 for the 2018 class (I showed my math on here, or shaggy, on that before), but Herman later said in a presser than they had room for 31, so I'm getting something wrong. 

I've heard high teens, but I don't buy that. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

My math, which could be wrong. I thought we theoretically had room for 34 for the 2018 class (I showed my math on here, or shaggy, on that before), but Herman later said in a presser than they had room for 31, so I'm getting something wrong. 

I've heard high teens, but I don't buy that. 

If one of LJH or CJ returns for 2019..... Might make more sense to not sign anymore WRs in 2019 Class and save another spot for the 2020 Class.    (Of course if Bru wants in, you definitely sign him for 2019.)

Really interested to see how active the HORNS are in both the regular Transfer and Grad -Transfer markets to fill some depth holes.  (Of course any regular Transfers would have to sit out the 2019 Season, while the Grad-Transfers can play immediately...)

16 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I hope we never do anything so obnoxious.  

We won't because we do not want to pay the Mack family for a trademark he allegedly came up on his own even though it had been used in recruiting for several months before his commitment by Aggie

Edited by deech

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Long ways away, but do you guys think we'll try and take Kelvontay Dixon, Mookie Cooper, and Ty Jordan in the same class?

I think Mookie and Kelvontay are trending yes, adding a third of the same "type" might be a hard sell.  But to answer your question, yes.  After the RRR game Herman made a comment to the media about needing to increase the team speed and used a direct comparison to OU in that regard.  I do think that going forward speed will be a top priority and one of those things we can't have too much of.  Ya, coaches say that all the time...it's coach speak.  But I do think it will actually be a high priority.

5 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

I think Mookie and Kelvontay are trending yes, adding a third of the same "type" might be a hard sell.  But to answer your question, yes.  After the RRR game Herman made a comment to the media about needing to increase the team speed and used a direct comparison to OU in that regard.  I do think that going forward speed will be a top priority and one of those things we can't have too much of.  Ya, coaches say that all the time...it's coach speak.  But I do think it will actually be a high priority. 

I think they're all slightly different, which helps, but the class is also loaded with bigger running backs and receivers too. It'll be interesting to see how the skill position shakes out. We haven't even offered a couple of potential 5* types like EJ Smith and Quentin Johnston yet. 

I was under the impression that Kelvontay plays DB in college.   If so, then that opens up a RB slot.  Some of you guys seem to be juiced into the system in one degree or another, but Zeke, Mookie and Ty would seem to work, would it not?

Edited by cafe society
no quote

Still interested in projected size for 2020 Class if anyone has the specifics?  🤘

Fud has guessed.... "Somewhere in the low 20s depending on how many we take this class. I'd guess something like 22-23"

Edited by LTtxfan

53 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still interested in projected size for 2020 Class if anyone has the specifics?  🤘

Fud has guessed.... "Somewhere in the low 20s depending on how many we take this class. I'd guess something like 22-23"

I've thought about the numbers more and I am sticking with 25 or more. I'm happy to place bets with others on the outcome.

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've thought about the numbers more and I am sticking with 25 or more. I'm happy to place bets with others on the outcome.

The optimist in me says 25 or more because errybody will want to get on the championship train after we win the conference and make the playoffs. On the downside we will still take 25 or more because we still have too many players that need to be recruited over if we want to win championships.