Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looking at who we are in on and in a good spot with this could be a class that's in the range of a 93 class composite average.

The floor of the class looks great. It'll come down to landing the 5*s like Evans, Ringo, and Demas 

13 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

McGlothern has been pretty pro-UT lately. I think he waits to commit and see how well the DB's at each of the schools he's considering do. Aggy should be eliminated quickly. It take Leon SloNeal 10 mins to tie his shoe. 

How many times have we said the same shit just to have them commit to aggy out of the blue? I'm not counting my chickens on this recruitment. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

How many times have we said the same shit just to have them commit to aggy out of the blue? I'm not counting my chickens on this recruitment. 

I'm not saying he's going to UT, I was saying he's been pro-Texas, so at this point in time we aren't out of it. Will it change? Probably. I think someone on here mentioned he likes handouts. 

"Siap. 70 tds.  Damn.

My name is Charlie Spegal from New Palestine High School in New Palestine, IN. I am a running back on the varsity football team. I graduate in 2020. I was named ALL STATE in 2017 and TOP 22 underclass in Indiana. My junior stats are 3356 yards, (10.6 yards per carry) and 70 TOUCHDOWNS. My Team was undefeated and won the 5A state championship.

https://bit.ly/2S0SQeG

1 hour ago, cdain3 said:

EJHolland247 32577 posts6 minutes agovia MobileVIP Zach Evans brother told me he was closely watching what Texas did at RB today. They know UT has no depth and absolutely needs to win Zach next cycle. I think that’s going to help.

Taylor Swift knows I have no depth at wife, beyond the current 26 year-incumbent. Taylor knows she could step right in and take over. I suspect that's going to help my chances with her.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Taylor Swift knows I have no depth at wife, beyond the current 26 year-incumbent. Taylor knows she could step right in and take over. I suspect that's going to help my chances with her.

The problem is that all your film shows you scoring quickly, with few of the sustained, satisfying scoring drives that Taylor is looking for in a husband.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Not a good locker room teammate.  She's been known to clash and has been unable to make it work at any of her previous stops.

58 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

The problem is that all your film shows you scoring quickly, with few of the sustained, satisfying scoring drives that Taylor is looking for in a husband.

Might be something to what you're saying. As I've aged, my quick-strike ability has improved dramatically. Training's a lot different, too. Less one-on-one and more film study and solo drills. Often hit the showers early.

• Like 2

I’m sure I will catch shit for this but I am just finding out about Ja’Quinden Jackson. I saw the Duncanville - Allen highlights and was blown away at his speed. Do some research and he is a Horn commit and is getting huge buzz nationally. This kid is sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just now, wutang75 said:

I’m sure I will catch shit for this but I am just finding out about Ja’Quinden Jackson. I saw the Duncanville - Allen highlights and was blown away at his speed. Do some research and he is a Horn commit and is getting huge buzz nationally. This kid is sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He's not a commit, he just has an offer.

It'll be interesting - he says he doesn't want to be a QB at the next level so we can hold Card and recruit Jackson as an athlete.

I don't care what position  Ja’Quinden Jackson wants to play. That kid is one to get in the program and figure out where he fits and let him excel. This Duncanville - North Shore match up will have a staggering amount of talent all over the field and a lot of that talent is in the Junior and Sophomore classes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who's most likely to be our 3rd commit for this class?  Mookie?  Someone in-state?  Wasn't Broughton committing early?

Don't know about timing, but the guys I'm most confident in us eventually landing if we want  them along with Mookie are Dixon, Garth, Collins and Jones. I'd go with one of them 

Broughton likes Texas but he also likes A&M. Ringo will be a competitive 5* recruitment at a valuable position. We have a Duncanville connection, so we should have a good shot at those two, and Naivar nails his position, but I wouldn't bet on one of them being next. 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Don't know about timing, but the guys I'm most confident in us eventually landing if we want  them along with Mookie are Dixon, Garth, Collins and Jones. I'd go with one of them 

Broughton likes Texas but he also likes A&M. Ringo will be a competitive 5* recruitment at a valuable position. We have a Duncanville connection, so we should have a good shot at those two, and Naivar nails his position, but I wouldn't bet on one of them being next. 

Bryson Washington is another kid who grew up a UT fan and has shown a lot of early enthusiasm