Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Show some respect, man. Without FWK we wouldn't even have heard of Demas and Shepherd. 😂

If only there were a massive industry devoted to sifting through HS talent that might have noticed minor players like Shep and Demas, we would not be so dependent in this world on the altruistic guidance and education he offers these young men. Who has done more, for example, for the backup WLB for Judson than FWK? OK, bad example. But he could break out a twitter storm in support of a kid in danger of getting no D1 offers any time-- you just watch.

• Like 1

The Inside Scoop - Christmas Eve Edition

On the eve of Christmas, we begin to settle in with family and friends on this wonderful holiday. Let's wrap up the Texas HS State Championships - one for the ages - with notes and quotes from players headed to Austin or on the Texas Big Board for 2020 and 2021. Get some Scoop in your stocking.

PRINCE DORBAH

The 6-foot-3, 235-pound monster edge rusher put on a strong performance - Defensive MVP - en route to leading Highland Park to its third consecutive state title. This dude has three rings in three years. And he’s still got a year left. "It's unbelievable," said Dorbah, trying to hold in his composure and emotions. "It's incredible, man. It's amazing. To come back (AT&T Stadium) and do it for a third straight year, it's just hard to explain. We work hard everyday. I'm just so happy, thankful, and blessed."

Dorbah's recruitment will likely take it's time. With 20+ offers already, he'll only garner more this spring. He'd like to visit some new schools early next year, programs who've recently offered like Oregon and Ohio State. But two seem to stand out at this time. "I'll probably get back to Texas and OU this offseason," Dorbah said. "I want to see a few places out-of-state, but getting back to Austin and Norman is important too."

What about a fourth state title in four years? "Right now I just want to enjoy the moment and soak this up," Dorbah said. "But a fourth title in my senior year is what we'll be working for this offseason." Dorbah remains one of the top in-state targets for Texas in 2020. And early, it looks to be a Red River Shootout for his services.

JOJO EARLE

The do-it-all sophomore from Aledo showed why Texas offered last month. At 5-foot-9, 168, he's little but explosive. The slot, gadget-back possesses elite speed, quickness, hands, and versatility. It's no wonder the Longhorns staff jumped on him early. And they're leading the pack for the junior-to-be heading into the spring. I wonder if this is what Rondale Moore looked like in his sophomore campaign.

"(Texas) keeps in contact with me," said Earle. "They make sure I'm ok, make sure I'm having a good season, we talk about my role in the game plan. I really like how they're invested in me." Texas has only offered a dozen or less 2021 prospects, and that exclusivity stands out to Earle. "It's really exciting because when they told me they were offering, I thought 'I'm a sophomore getting offered by Texas.' That's a big accomplishment already.

Bryan Carrington and Rashad Samples head up this early pursuit, and when he took an unofficial for the Texas-Iowa State game in November, it got real. "I loved it," Earle said. "That's the day they offered me. They brought me into the locker room and told me they wanted me. I loved the energy from the fans in the stadium. It was unreal. I love the locker room. Everything is so nice at UT." Texas currently recruits him the hardest and it shows. Now, we just wait a little less than two years before he can put pen to paper.

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THOUGHTS

1. Ja’Quinden Jackson is a Top 5 player in Texas for 2020. The 6’2, 210-pound athlete plays quarterback for Duncanville. He almost willed the Panthers to an improbable 6A title on Saturday. His 8-yard TD scamper with 1:02 remaining looked to be the dagger North Shore had yet to see in 2018.

The good news: Jackson knows he’s an athlete. Even though I feel like he could play a number of positions on offense, and still might - RB, WR, Wildcat - but defense, notably outside linebacker might be his calling.

The great news: Texas is probably the quiet leader here.

2. Jordan freakin Whittington did that damn thing. After years of falling short, his Herculean effort and record-breaking performance was one for the ages. Just know, Texas is getting someone very special. I’ll let Joe tell you the rest.

3. The distance between Jase McClellan and Zach Evans isn’t that wide. The 2020 running back duo from Aledo and North Shore, respectively, both showed glimpses of why they’re so highly-coveted. While McClellan looks solid to OU, Texas has put themselves in a good position early in Evans’ recruitment.

4. Remember the Name: Xavion Alford. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound defensive back from Alvin Shadow Creek is a keeper. He’s got insane body control and fluidity in his hips that allows him to do a little of everything; run, cover, and hit. I think he's a safety with cover skills at the next level.

5. Haynes King is Legend. The lanky 6-foot-2 quarterback for the Longview Lobos isn’t a new name on the IT Board. I’ve written about King since his sophomore campaign. He’s gone from the quiet, reserved kid I knew as a ball boy for his father’s Lobos squads over the last 12 years into one of the Top 3 QBs in Texas for 2020. And King is still growing.

His father, who played QB at Northwestern State, has raised his son the right way; hungry, humble, and really damn good. He’s got elite traits that translate to the next level, but having the metabolism of a cheetah means he needs serious strength training. King has a competitive streak similar to Sam Ehlinger. He has leadership qualities like Shane Buechele. And is the fastest kid in Longview HS. If his dime-dropping deep posts, or slippery athleticism in the open field isn’t enough for you, his 3.9 shuttle (The Opening Regional) should do the trick.

Texas likes this kid. His area recruiter, Derek Warehime, stopped by Longview recently to get a glimpse of the budding superstar. And while the Horns are currently content with Hudson Card (Lake Travis) as its 2020 quarterback take, don’t be shocked to see an offer no later than this spring. They’ll have to get in line though.

TARGETS HEADING TOWARDS NSD II

On Bru McCoy... To our knowledge, the 5-star athlete from Cali didn't ink during the first signing period. That means Texas gets another two weeks to convince McCoy that Austin is the place. I've heard he's still leaning USC, but there's something to him waiting. I don't think he's convinced of SC's stability and trajectory. Texas signee De'Gabriel Floyd recently spent time with McCoy, and is recruiting the elite playmaker like it's his job.

On Deondrick Glass... Last spring, if Texas wanted Glass, he was in. They chose to wait and hunt bigger game. And after missing on Sanders, Cain, and Stevenson, they might be regretting that decision. As of now, Glass is still open and willing to listen to the Horns sell. He'll take an official visit in January. Oklahoma State has done a great job recruiting Mr. Glass, I bumped into him on the sidelines when Texas visited Stillwater this season. This isn't the slam dunk it once was, but the staff can make up the ground if it so desires.

On Bamidele Olaseni... The Garden City CC (KS) offensive lineman is a May graduate who could come in and push for playing time. But Texas has to get him on campus first. The four-star has seen his stock rise recently, with Auburn and Utah already getting OVs. I can the UT staff pushing harder in January. They don't have much choice, in my opinion.

On Jalen Catalon... When the future college defensive back took his official to Austin two weeks ago, it went about as well as expected. Him and his family spent a lot of time with Tom Herman and Craig Naivar. They broke down how he'd be used and the family atmosphere that is Texas Football heading into 2019. The only problem is Arkansas and TCU still are ahead of the Horns. He's capable of competing early from the nickel role, but the depth chart and competing seem to be the holdup. That, and other schools filling his head with negativity. He'll OV to TCU in January and decide shortly after that.

On Dawand Jones... The gigantic o-lineman from Indianapolis is a kid Herb Hand spotted late in the cycle and started following. And while there isn't a visit currently scheduled to Austin, the staff will continue to push through NSD2. USC and Ohio State are thought to hold the lead down the stretch.

And Javonne Shepherd... Nothing new from his camp but even though Shepherd is currently committed to the Longhorns, the staff must still recruit him as if he isn’t. I’ll leave it at that.

The Texas staff is purely focused on its Sugar Bowl bout with Georgia. After New Years Day, they’ll amp up the recruiting efforts towards finishing the Class of 2019. They’ll probably take anywhere from five or six more prospects in this cycle. And there will be new names pop up after the new year. Beat the Bulldogs in SEC country on the first day of 2019 and this thing could be a fun finish.

THE RECORD BREAKER ATX BOUND

Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 was a big day for Jordan Whittington. He was able to make his commitment to the University of Texas official through his letter of intent. It was a big deal, but it wasn’t the biggest deal for Whittington and the rest of the Cuero community. “Signing, that was another dream that came to reality,” Whittington said Saturday. “It was special of course, but this was the main thing I was worried about this week.”

Whatever he did to focus on Cuero’s UIL 4A Division II championship game against Texarkana Pleasant Grove worked. Whittington broke records held by greats when he rushed for 334 yards and five scores, caught three passes for 43 yards and a score, and added 11 tackles on defense in Cuero’s 40-28 victory.

Whittington and several other Gobbler seniors had been building up to this game for their entire careers. They had been close on previous occasions, but the elite athlete made sure Cuero would return home with its fourth state championship.

The performance from Whittington was dominant. Cuero lined him up in the wildcat constantly. He was asked time and time again to move the ball upfield for the Gobblers, and time and time again he was able to accomplish that feat.

“In this game here, he had the hot hand,” Cuero head coach Travis Reeve said postgame. “That’s the thing that’ been special about this team. Tonight, he was a man on a mission. He was working for us. To his credit and his team’s credit, we saw it through for a win.”

He was dominant in the first half, adding touchdown runs of 69 and 54 yards and a touchdown reception at the end of the first half from 26 yards out. The second half wasn’t as explosive, and Whittington’s scores are evidence of that. His second half scoring touches were from 1, 12, and 20 yards out. They were tough yards gained over the course of steady, grinding drives. “I told the linemen if each one of you blocks somebody, you can leave one, and one-on-one we’re going to make it happen,” Whittington said. “All credit to them.”

Whittington’s final 20-yard run was the game-sealer, putting the Gobblers up 12 with about three minutes left. If his play prior to that run didn’t guarantee he would be the game’s offensive and defensive MVP, that final jaunt assuredly did.

“We went in the game with the mentality of ‘you’re not going to beat us,’” Whittington said. “We didn’t come this far to come this far. That was our quote the whole weekend. Credit to them, I love everybody. I love every single one of them, the crowd, everything. I’m glad we got it.”

SHADRACH BANKS

When North Shore’s Dematrius Davis found AJ Carter with his Hail Mary toss in the end zone to win the UIL 6A Division I state championship, the east side of Houston went crazy. Without a doubt, it was one of the most exciting endings to a back-and-forth championship game between North Shore and Duncanville. Two of the elite teams in the state duked it out for 48 minutes, with the result unclear until the clock read 0:00.

Davis-to-Carter will live on for a long time in the state’s high school football history, but there were plenty of plays that helped set up the game for that point. North Shore sophomore Shadrach Banks’ had several of them. Banks caught nine passes for 179 yards and two scores. Both of those touchdowns originated from his own side of the field, with one for 80 and the other for 51. “I want to give thanks to the o-line for blocking for the QB and allowing him to get me the ball,” Banks said postgame. “From there, I just took off. It was amazing.”

Duncanville keyed in on the Mustangs’ star running back Zach Evans. The Panthers had the talent and size on defense to try to force North Shore to beat them through the air. They were able to hold the talented back under 100 yards and kept him out of the end zone.

But Davis’ play picked up the slack through the air, and Banks was a big part in that. Banks also had a front row seat to the miracle final play. He went up for the catch but didn’t come down with it, but was exuberant to see his teammate with the ball in the end zone. “Somebody has to come up big,” Banks said on the play. “I thought I had it. Then I thought the defense had it. Then I saw my boy AJ (Carter) come down with it, and I already knew he was in when he caught it. I just went crazy.”

Banks is one of the limited number of players in the 2021 class Texas has sent an offer to. He said after the game “he really likes Texas” and visited for the USC game, but since the process is in the early stages for him he is still soaking in all the experiences. Last spring, Banks only visited in-state schools. This spring, he told reporters he plans to look at some schools outside of the state lines.

E.J. Holland: Taking two QBs in 2020 could become a must

Texas already holds a quarterback commitment in the 2020 class in four-star Lake Travis product Hudson Card. But with both Cameron Rising and Casey Thompson entering the transfer portal over the weekend, the Longhorns may be forced to take two players at the position next cycle — something that was considered even before this predicament.

Aside from Card, Texas has offered two of the top quarterback prospects in the country in elite California signal-callers Bryce Young and DJ Uiagalelei. However, Young is already committed to USC, and Uiagalelei has shown minimal interest thus far. Texas has also extended an offer to four-star 2020 Fort Bend Marshall prospect Malik Hornsby. While he still has a long way to go mechanically, Hornsby has all the tools to be a special quarterback at the next level. And he’s a tremendous runner.

Hornsby liked Texas a lot early on in the process but soured a bit after Card committed. There was a point when he was set to commit to Texas A&M, and it appears the Aggies are still in the pole position. But it is worth noting that UT offensive coordinator Tim Beck was in touch during the contact period.

Beck also saw another 2020 quarterback during the contact period in four-star 2020 Chaparral (AZ) product Jack Miller. He is committed to Ohio State, but the Longhorns have had success recruiting Arizona, thanks in large part to Beck’s ties to the state. Two other out-of-state passers to keep in mind are Bishop Gorman’s (NV) Micah Bowens and Warren Central’s (IN) Roman Purcell. The three-star prospects both hold P5 offers and have visited Texas in the past

Of course, Texas could stay within the state borders. In fact, the most logical choice for a second quarterback take might be three-star Longview product Haynes King, who was fantastic in this weekend’s state championship win over Beaumont West Brook. King has really progressed over the last year and has a chance to really shoot up the recruiting rankings this offseason. He has a big arm, above average mechanics and also has some wheels. King attended UT’s East Texas satellite camp this summer along with his father and Longview head coach John King. This one almost makes too much sense.

If for some reason, Texas doesn’t make a move on King, it could go for a high-upside prospect in Melissa’s Brendon Lewis. He is still raw but certainly has some juice and was a teammate of 2019 Texas signee Kennedy Lewis. Overall, Texas doesn’t want to do anything to shake things up with Card, who is completely solid at this time and is turning into the leader of the 2020 class. But there is going to be an obvious need for depth at the position if Rising and Thompson both in fact transfer.

30 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Taking two QBs in 2020 could become a must

Hide contents

Texas already holds a quarterback commitment in the 2020 class in four-star Lake Travis product Hudson Card. But with both Cameron Rising and Casey Thompson entering the transfer portal over the weekend, the Longhorns may be forced to take two players at the position next cycle — something that was considered even before this predicament.

Aside from Card, Texas has offered two of the top quarterback prospects in the country in elite California signal-callers Bryce Young and DJ Uiagalelei. However, Young is already committed to USC, and Uiagalelei has shown minimal interest thus far. Texas has also extended an offer to four-star 2020 Fort Bend Marshall prospect Malik Hornsby. While he still has a long way to go mechanically, Hornsby has all the tools to be a special quarterback at the next level. And he’s a tremendous runner.

Hornsby liked Texas a lot early on in the process but soured a bit after Card committed. There was a point when he was set to commit to Texas A&M, and it appears the Aggies are still in the pole position. But it is worth noting that UT offensive coordinator Tim Beck was in touch during the contact period.

Beck also saw another 2020 quarterback during the contact period in four-star 2020 Chaparral (AZ) product Jack Miller. He is committed to Ohio State, but the Longhorns have had success recruiting Arizona, thanks in large part to Beck’s ties to the state. Two other out-of-state passers to keep in mind are Bishop Gorman’s (NV) Micah Bowens and Warren Central’s (IN) Roman Purcell. The three-star prospects both hold P5 offers and have visited Texas in the past

Of course, Texas could stay within the state borders. In fact, the most logical choice for a second quarterback take might be three-star Longview product Haynes King, who was fantastic in this weekend’s state championship win over Beaumont West Brook. King has really progressed over the last year and has a chance to really shoot up the recruiting rankings this offseason. He has a big arm, above average mechanics and also has some wheels. King attended UT’s East Texas satellite camp this summer along with his father and Longview head coach John King. This one almost makes too much sense.

If for some reason, Texas doesn’t make a move on King, it could go for a high-upside prospect in Melissa’s Brendon Lewis. He is still raw but certainly has some juice and was a teammate of 2019 Texas signee Kennedy Lewis. Overall, Texas doesn’t want to do anything to shake things up with Card, who is completely solid at this time and is turning into the leader of the 2020 class. But there is going to be an obvious need for depth at the position if Rising and Thompson both in fact transfer.

No mention of Ja'Quinden Jackson ?

3 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

Interesting 

He plays QB because he's the best athlete and it gives his team the best chance to win.  That works really well on the high school level.  He has enough self awareness to know that's probably not his college position, and more importantly, not his NFL position.  He's getting straight down to business.

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 3

Just now, RabidM said:

He plays QB because he's the best athlete and it gives the team the best chance to win.  That works on the high school level really well.  He has enough self awareness to know that's probably not his college position, and more importantly, not his NFL position.  He's getting straight down to business.

Are we offering him ? for what position ?

9 minutes ago, RabidM said:

He plays QB because he's the best athlete and it gives his team the best chance to win.  That works really well on the high school level.  He has enough self awareness to know that's probably not his college position, and more importantly, not his NFL position.  He's getting straight down to business.

somebody forward this to Peyton Powell

• Like 1

E.J. Holland: Five-star RB Zach Evans talks Texas, recruiting proces

North Shore captured a state championship in one of the most thrilling high school football games of all-time. The game was so shocking that five-star 2020 running back Zachary Evans was still somewhat emotionless in the minutes following the contest. “My mind is blank,” Evans said. “I’m still looking at the scoreboard. I’m not satisfied. I’m never going to be satisfied. I could have done better.”

Evans racked up 110 yards of total offense in the win over Duncanville. While it wasn’t his usual dominant outing, Evans showed flashes of why he is one of the country’s most sought after recruits. Texas jumped in the mix for Evans early on and is considered a frontrunner at this point in the process. “We have a good relationship going,” Evans said. “They are doing everything just right. It’s all about the next step. What’s going to happen after this? How can their offensive line progress? How can their running back get downhill? It’s all about their coaching. That’s all I’m going to watch.”

Evans visited Texas during the fall and kept a close eye on the Longhorns throughout the season. UT’s Big 12 title appearance and Sugar Bowl berth certainly caught his attention. “I’m very impressed with what they did this year,” Evans said. “I’m just ready to see what they do against Georgia. From this point, it’s about winning. I feel like the offensive line will handle itself. It’s about winning.”

Before taking part in this weekend’s state title game, Evans put on a show in the state semifinals as he dashed for four touchdowns in a win over Lake Travis. His big performance came in front of UT running backs coach Stan Drayton. “I honestly didn’t even see him,” Evans said with a laugh. “I saw him during pregame, but I was focused on winning the game. It’s pretty cool though. It feels good to be wanted.”

Along with Texas, Evans has offers in hand from Alabama, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas A&M, USC, Washington and several other major programs. So what’s going to be the biggest factor in his recruitment? “My biggest factor is the offensive line,” Evans said. “I don’t want to go to a school without big boys upfront. I want some bullies. I don’t want to run behind any kids.”

Evans plans to narrow his top schools list down to 10 at some point in the near future. At 6-foot-205 pounds, Evans is ranked as the No. 1 running back and No. 2 overall prospect in the nation, per 247Sports Composite.

23 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Evans is going to mindfuck many people over the next 14 months. He's really a great interview.

How hamm and ej will be verbally blowing him will get old fast for the next year. 

I hope we can show him the o line he wants to see but based on those kind of comments,  he is bama or Georgia bound if we can't convince him. 

Mike Roach: Texas in contact with rising 2020 QB Haynes King

Haynes King was emotional following the 6A-DII State Championship win over Beaumont Westbrook. The three-star signal-caller passed for more than 400 yards and helped bring Longview its first title in 81 years. And he did it with his father coaching from the sidelines. “It means a lot,” he said. “We had a shot at it last year and we came up short. We kept that in the back of our minds through offseason and spring football. It means a lot to the community. A lot of teams don’t get to experience this moment.”

King is a rising star in the recruiting world. Over the last few months, he picked up offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Missouri, TCU, Southern Miss and Houston. Though he is being courted by a number of schools, he hasn’t been focusing on his recruitment during the season. “I just take every game the same,” he said. “I’m not worried about that right now. Me and my dad will probably look into that after the season. I’m really not sure where I want to visit in the spring yet.”

One school that stopped by Longview during the evaluation period was Texas. King said he’s had some contact with area recruiter Derek Warehime, and he’d like to make a visit. “We’ve texted a little bit,” he said. “I haven’t been to one of their games. They invited me to a couple, but I just haven’t had the time.” If Texas were to offer, King said he would be interested. The allure of playing in his home state appeals to him. “It’s my hometown offer,” he said. “As of right now, I have interest in any of them but we will mostly look into them after the season.” At 6-foot-3, 180 pounds, King is ranked as the No. 14 dual-threat quarterback in the nation and the No. 80 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports.

image.png

E.J. Holland: Elite DB Darius Snow goes in-depth on Texas

Darius Snow is in the middle of basketball season. Like his father, former NBA player Eric Snow, Darius runs the show at point guard for his high school. But unlike his father, basketball is Darius’ secondary sport. Football is king in Texas, and Snow is one of the most sought after recruits in the country. The four-star Hebron defensive back holds more than 20 offers and is just staying patient at this point in the process. “Florida State and Missouri recently offered,” Snow said. “It was great that they were interested enough to offer me. But overall, things are going great. I’m still taking things slow. You know me.”

Texas offered Snow back in the spring, and he has quickly built a strong relationship with safeties coach Craig Naivar. “I always stay in touch with Coach Naivar,” Snow said. “We talk pretty much once a week. He did say that he would see a basketball game. He’s a great people. I love having a relationship with him.” Texas is considered an early frontrunner for Snow along with Stanford and Michigan State, where he has a ton of family ties.

Snow has been playing close attention to Texas this season and loves what Tom Herman has done with the program during his time on the Forty Acres. “I think a lot of people show more hate than love with Texas,” Snow said. “They were coming off non-bowl seasons, and (Herman) helped them beat a talented Missouri team in a bowl last year. He took them to the Big 12 title game this year. They have a great opportunity to beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. It’s definitely admirable what they’ve done the last couple of years.”

Snow has one of the most magnetic personalities in the 2020 class and could be a ringleader for any school that lands him. When asked what a Sugar Bowl win would mean for Texas, Snow had this to say. “I think Texas is high in a lot of people’s minds in my class,” Snow said. “I can’t speak for anybody, but it’s hard to ignore what Texas has done in two years with the new staff. They had a title shot this year, and the recruiting class for next year is just about as good as the year before. The stuff that they are doing as a team and as a program is admirable as I’ve said and definitely something that I’ll keep in mind. Texas is definitely a Top 10 school for me.”

Snow plans to release his top schools next month. At 6-foot-1, 216 pounds, Snow is ranked as the No. 6 safety and No. 121 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

Mike Roach: Texas in contact with rising 2020 QB Haynes King

image.png

"King said he’s had some contact with area recruiter Derek Warehime, and he’d like to make a visit. “We’ve texted a little bit,” he said.

Horns should have a new area recruiter for King in early 2019....

Eric Nahlin: Talking 2020 OL with Logan Parr

It's no secret that Texas must hit big on offensive line recruiting in 2020. It will be the single biggest need in the cycle, and as luck would have it, the class is loaded with quality options and complementary parts. 

The current crop of must-haves appears to be: interior lineman Logan Parr (O'Connor), tackle/guard Chad Lindberg (Clear Creek), tackle/guard Jake Majors (Prosper), and tackle Jaylen Garth (Port Neches-Groves).

It isn't a stretch to assume 2019 quarterback commit Roschon Johnson will go a long way towards Texas securing his high school teammate Garth, but what of the other three?

Parr of course is committed. He was won over very early in the process, after cramming for it. He essentially expedited his diligence and came to a quick conclusion that Texas was the school for him. That makes for a good ambassador, and that's exactly what he is for the class. 

"I've known Chad for about a year now, since the Nike Opening regional. I talk to him every single day on Snapchat. He's like my best friend on Snapchat."

Along with the daily communication on social media, Parr was able to spend time with Lindberg for the Iowa State game. In fact, Lindberg's mother, Emily, said one of the highlights of that visit was getting to know Logan's mother better.

Lindberg isn't the only one Parr has his sights set on. "I've known Jake for about the same amount of time as Chad. We were paired together at a camp and really hit it off."

I mentioned I thought Stanford may be tough to beat for each of Lindberg and Majors. Said Parr, "Stanford is a good academic school but it's far away from home, and it isn't the only school good for academics. Texas has a good chance with them."

Through his brother, who is legitimately brilliant, Lindberg is already learning UT's academics can be as difficult as you'd like them to be.

Not only are Lindberg and Majors intelligent, they're also sure-fire talents for Texas. Parr mentioned, "the first time I watched their film, most players don't seem like their ranking, but not with them. They may not be high enough. Jake has really good technique. A really good set."

Parr said his spring schedule is still open but that he'll be back in Austin a couple of times in the coming months. For now he's worried about "getting stronger, faster, technique as sound as possible. I'm also working on snapping the ball just in case I do get the opportunity to play center."

Communication with Coach Hand is frequent. They recently FaceTimed on National Signing Day. "He just asked about enrolling early, and we talked a little bit about recruiting."

Enrolling early and getting a jump-start on his career is something Parr says he's very likely to do.

An early-enrollee center would be a welcomed sight with Zach Shackelford set to graduate after the 2019 season. Parr would be able to offer early depth.