Things not going well for Malik McDowell

Parliament

Malik McDowell is in trouble again.

This time there’s wild video showing the former Michigan State standout and NFL bust with the Seattle Seahawks fighting with a police officer in a convenience store after being hit with a Taser.

TMZ obtained video that shows the February incident after McDowell was pulled over in the Detroit suburb of Southfield, Michigan.

According to the report, an officer pulled McDowell over after he saw his Jeep speeding and then spinning out.
Dashcam footage showed McDowell repeatedly asking for the officer’s supervisor after being pulled over in the parking lot of a convenience store.

McDowell then left his car against the officer’s orders and entered the convenience store, resisting the smaller officer’s efforts to subdue him.

McDowell was listed at 6-6 and 299 pounds during his playing days.

Once inside the store, security footage shows the officer warning McDowell that he’s going to use his Taser. After McDowell refuses the officer’s orders to get on his stomach on the ground, the officer followed through on his threat.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video-shows-seahawks-bust-malik-mc-dowell-fight-with-cop-after-being-tased-013730159.html

1.  Dude is smart enough to save his money for investments and just drive a Subaru.

2.   I need a super visor.  (Something like Holgersen's.)

Edit:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/shawn-windsor/2019/07/10/malik-mcdowell-michigan-state-basketball/1688959001/

His post-Michigan State career reads as a cautionary tale. Even as it would be easy to dismiss his fall from grace as immature entitlement: 

Violating his contract with Seattle by riding an ATV, which led to an accident, which led to a serious concussion. Getting arrested outside a suburban Atlanta nightclub after a dispute over a $600 bill.  

Driving drunk and resisting arrest in February. Possessing a stolen truck in March — he said he bought it...

...McDowell was cut from the Seattle Seahawks in the spring. And while the Cowboys showed interest even after the February arrest....

Edited by clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

I need a super visor.  (Something like Holgersen's.)

I love that bit. See it on cops/live pd a lot. Probably not gonna work even if you pronounce it correctly. Maybe try and compromise for a good visor. 

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

I love that bit. See it on cops/live pd a lot. Probably not gonna work even if you pronounce it correctly. Maybe try and compromise for a good visor. 

Someone should explain that while that is probably a reasonable and legitimate request in the face of a fishy arrest, it is not a magic incantation that permits you to resist arrest without getting your ass beat or tazed.

• Like 1

He was always a little off. But from what I have heard he suffered pretty severe damage to the frontal lobe in the ATV crash. It is quite sad, things are not going to end well for him. He is very lucky he was not shot in this encounter especially given the size differential. That cop actually did a great job and showed great restraint. 

3 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

He was always a little off. But from what I have heard he suffered pretty severe damage to the frontal lobe in the ATV crash. It is quite sad, things are not going to end well for him. He is very lucky he was not shot in this encounter especially given the size differential. That cop actually did a great job and showed great restraint. 

This shit right here.

Really sad if it's related to brain damage.

BAC of .189 and speeding and spinning out in the snow....then fighting with the cops and reaching for their weapons..and news flash when you are in a physical struggle with the cops pretty much anywhere you reach to grab them will be on or near a weapon or a radio

he is probably not long for this world

those other arrest stories just show a total fuckwit....one DWI already....the shit with the truck I mean yea sure if you are poor as fuck (and dumb as shit) and you think you found this great deal you might somehow end up in a truck that is reported stolen that you say you bought, but even then deep down if you have half a clue you know you got into some dumb shit and you better just start telling the cops the REAL dumb ass story.....but when you have NFL (before broke) type money uh yea stay away from those too good to be true craigslist car deals shit head.....and a $600 bill at a club in Atlanta.....well yea when you have money stay away from those fucking ripoff clubs and ditch your posse and especially don't go to one of those clubs with them and for the low low low price of $600 shit they were probably not even fucking you too hard they just served you 4 or 5 of those Applebees Vince Young drinks at Atlanta club prices

The other charge against McDowell, receiving and concealing stolen property, stems from an investigation of pickup thefts from a Ford Motor Co. overflow lot in Dearborn.

The trucks were equipped with GPS devices, one of which led officers with the Oakland County sheriff's auto theft unit to a closed garage at McDowell’s Southfield address.

McDowell told police he did not know the truck was stolen and had purchased it for $3,000 from a man on Linwood in Detroit. He didn’t know the man’s name, according to police.

this guy is a fucking genius...I could let the ATV shit slide in a way, but you probably need to understand that when you do dumb shit like that before you have even played a snap and your brains get scrambled it is probably not going to go well for you with the team espeially if you take your time off to do other fuckery 

Edited by ButtFumble

8 hours ago, TornACL said:

Dude is so interested in saving money that he doesn't even buy cars, he just steals them. 

Well, he still owes the Seahawks $800k. What else do you expect him to do?  That's just smart money management right there, paying nothing on the dollar for a sweet ride like that.

Holy shit.  Second round 2017 and I'm guessing his career is done?  

Cop showed restraint.  I know this is Surly and we're supposed to shit on cops, but damn, how'd you like to have to one on one with that fucking giant?  Cop was lucky that he wanted to speak to his supervisor more than he wanted his gun.  But then again, if he were truly aggressive, cop would have shot him instead of come at him with a taser.   

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

But then again, if he were truly aggressive, cop would have shot him instead of come at him with a taser.   

You obviously did not watch the video.  Even the Surly cop haters would have called it a clean shooting if the cop had used his gun.