Active Shooter - El Paso

Rip76

11 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep. Van Jones doesn’t say shit like that. 

Im not excusing it.  I don’t fucking watch any of those networks anymore because they’re all the fucking same.   

They are NOT the same. I'm not excusing the others but there is no question that Fox and the Republican party organs are asymmetrically politically radicalized over the last two decades relative to the others. 

Heard a radio interview with Glen, the kid saving doo rag wearing badass.

He said he's "military" (Army -originally from Killeen) and has a CHL.  Was carrying and that's one of the factors went into his doing relays to the exit with kids under his arms.

Edited by Cajun

57 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I haven't seen this anywhere but has anybody said how the shooter was stopped? Based on the photo of him in the back of the patrol car -- guess that was him -- he didn't appear to have been shot.

Probably been answered already, but he surrendered and no LEO fired a shot the entire incident.

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

They are NOT the same. I'm not excusing the others but there is no question that Fox and the Republican party organs are asymmetrically politically radicalized over the last two decades relative to the others. 

No, you see that's where you're wrong, because one time some dude in an Antifa outfit punched a neo-Nazi.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This guy pussied out and let himself be captured easily. 

Good.  Now he's got a limited-lifetime of prison ahead of him to be introduced to older, wiser, white and hispanic men who can give him the Edward Norton racial re-education experience a'la "American History X," just before the Pavulon does the rest of the work for the victims and their families. 

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Heard a radio interview with Glen.

He said he's "military" (Army -originally from Killeen) and has a CHL.  Was carrying and that's one of the factors went into his doing relays to the exit with kids under his arms.

Everything makes perfect sense now

Lots of still photos of LEOs outside of the WalMart coming out.

A very large number were wearing body armor that had "DEA" in big block letters on the front and back.  

Just something I don't remember seeing before at this kind of crime scene.

Edited by Cajun

2 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Lots of still photos of LEOs outside of the WalMart coming out.

A very large number were wearing body armor that had "DEA" in big block letters on the front and back.  

Just something I don't remember seeing before at this kind of crime scene.

Ahem, it’s on the boarder across from a crime ridden city. Probably a strong presence there. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Everything makes perfect sense now

He also went out of his way to point out that there was another guy doing the same thing as him, grabbing kids and getting them to safety.

He didn't know the guy or give any details.

3 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I would think DEA has a huge presence in a border town.  It was probably an all-hands-on-deck situation.

Oh, no doubt.

It doesn't surprise me that they're there, it's just something not ordinarily seen at a nut-job mass shooting scenes.

They were loaded for bear.

Edited by Cajun

6 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

3-4 days of thoughts and prayers,  some talk of a mental health crisis and lots of shrugs of how could we possibly prevent this.  Then move on to the next event.  Repeat ad nauseam

Being a free country isn't an easy thing, you know.  It's absurd to act like taking certain guns off the streets reduces this problem, and if anything, it would only exacerbate the problem.

It's a tough situation, for sure.  Really hate it for the victims and families involved.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, McCroskey said:

Being a free country isn't an easy thing, you know.  It's absurd to act like taking certain guns off the streets reduces this problem, and if anything, it would only exacerbate the problem.

It's a tough situation, for sure.  Really hate it for the victims and families involved.

It’s absurd if you ignore all of the evidence.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 1

Just now, McCroskey said:

Thanks for proving my point dip shit.  The 20 dead really appreciate your feelings

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

White Nationalists openly consider Tucker their mainstream thought leader.  

Tucker synced up with white nationalists. 

Lulz. The galactically retarded Icono worships this guy. Tucker would kick his brown ass out of the country in 5 seconds. 

4 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I agree.  Considering ALL the evidence is critical, not just the evidence you want to pick and choose.

https://mobile.twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1157740352838742016?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1157740352838742016&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surlyhorns.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fkeithedwards%2Fstatus%2F1157740352838742016%3Fs%3D21

Stealing this from @Pancho

Also apparently I can’t embed a tweet

Edited by hobbes2702

5 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Also, media coverage on the shooters is absolutely out of fucking control.  STOP recognizing these cunts so much and do what the Utah police did with the killer of that young lady a few weeks back.

This

4 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

So taking "certain guns" (not sure what that meand) off the street dosen't solve problem, can only make it worse. The logical inference then is that more of those guns makes things better. Can you explain just a bit what those certain guns are and how many more we need?

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Feel free to point to the evidence that shows that gun control exacerbates gun violence.

You don't need me for help with finding all the evidence you need.   By the way, don't misconstrue that I'm against gun control measures...I was simply speaking to the point of "banning" guns and the absurdity of relying on that move alone to reduce shootings.

17 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

3-4 days of thoughts and prayers,  some talk of a mental health crisis and lots of shrugs of how could we possibly prevent this.  Then move on to the next event.  Repeat ad nauseam

Only place in the developed world that won't aggressively address it. Feels helpless.

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep. Van Jones doesn’t say shit like that. 

Im not excusing it.  I don’t fucking watch any of those networks anymore because they’re all the fucking same.   Just like the politicians are the fucking same.  I’m just tired of the shit to be honest 

If you don't watch any of the networks, how can you say they are the same? Who is the equivalent of Hannity or Tucker on CNN or MSNBC?

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Not even remotely close to presenting "ALL" the evidence.  Our country is completely unlike any other on the planet...so what makes you think a single act of banning something (proven historically do be statistically impossible anyways) would allow us to mirror what happens anywhere else?  It just doesn't work like that.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Not even remotely close to presenting "ALL" the evidence.  Our country is completely unlike any other on the planet...so what makes you think a single act of banning something (proven historically do be statistically impossible anyways) would allow us to mirror what happens anywhere else?  It just doesn't work like that.

Not doing anything is definitely the better way to go imo. Thoughts and prayers.

2 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

You're right,  we're unlike any other country on the planet, the rest of them are smarter

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Also, media coverage on the shooters is absolutely out of fucking control.  STOP recognizing these cunts so much and do what the Utah police did with the killer of that young lady a few weeks back.

I tend to agree about giving these people fame, but honestly the killer's motivation is a huge part of the story.  Did the guy have a massive tumor like Whitman, or was it an Islamist or a white supremacist with an agenda?  When people need closure, they need to know why.

14 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Why shouldn’t we highlight and put a spotlight on who these people are? Ignoring it accomplished nothing. 

15 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Except for the fact that there are probably at least a dozen free countries where this shit happens at a remarkably lower rate, and the populace in general is far happier than in the US.

But other than that, you might have a point.

4 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

So taking "certain guns" (not sure what that meand) off the street dosen't solve problem, can only make it worse. The logical inference then is that more of those guns makes things better. Can you explain just a bit what those certain guns are and how many more we need?

"Certain guns" was meant to be those with higher magazines.

I never said taking them off the street "can only make it worse."  I said such a move "might" even make it worse compared to what we are experiencing today.

I disagree the inference is that "more guns are better," I believe the real solution is far deeper and more complicated than anyone wants to tackle, which is why it hasn't legitimately been discussed yet.  Education, family units, societal structure, etc...all of these (among many other things) play critical roles in solving this problem.

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Oh Fuck Off. You can't comprehend how banning the sales of semi-automatic weapons commonly used in these situations could reduce the problem? Really? One week after a guy shot up the garlic festival in Gilroy CA with a gun he purchased legally in NV (because its illegal to purchase in CA). Yet you can't envision any scenario where trying to take these sorts of weapons off the streets would alleviate the problem. You then actually hypothesize it would only amplify the problem. You may be fucking retarded and not just know it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Not doing anything is definitely the better way to go imo. Thoughts and prayers.

I'm not a proponent of not doing anything.  AT ALL.  I'm just hoping the powers at be can start taking SMART measures to reduce these events.  Emotional measures can backfire and possibly even make things worse.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

You don't need me for help with finding all the evidence you need.   By the way, don't misconstrue that I'm against gun control measures...I was simply speaking to the point of "banning" guns and the absurdity of relying on that move alone to reduce shootings.

No, you spoke of "certain" guns.  Don't backtrack now.  Let's hear your ideas, Ace.

State with the most gun-packing tough guys now a whopping 0 for 18 in stopping mass shooters before/during the heinous massacres.  

Not a great rate guys for so many CHL folks and "ace marksman/outdoorsman."  Texas School for the Blind literally has the same savior rate.  

Just now, Lobo said:

State with the most gun-packing tough guys now a whopping 0 for 18 in stopping mass shooters before/during the heinous massacres.  

Not a great rate guys for so many CHL folks and "ace marksman/outdoorsman."  Texas School for the Blind literally has the same savior rate.  

Yeah where were the hero CHL holders? Why didn’t they stop this after the first shot? Oh they shit their underwear the same as everyone else when a gun is pointed in their face? Shocking. 

Just now, McCroskey said:

I'm not a proponent of not doing anything.  AT ALL.  I'm just hoping the powers at be can start taking SMART measures to reduce these events.  Emotional measures can backfire and possibly even make things worse.

That's been the same argument after any of these. A bunch of children were murdered and the AR 15 should have been automatically banned emotional or not. The laws should have gotten stricter but instead of gotten more lax and actually people brag about having the laxest laws etc. It's all fucking bullshit. American citizens shouldn't be subjected to a war-like zone. It's completely a crisis and nothing is being done about it. Nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Ok then guy. Like I said feel free to continue ignoring the evidence 

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I tend to agree about giving these people fame, but honestly the killer's motivation is a huge part of the story.  Did the guy have a massive tumor like Whitman, or was it an Islamist or a white supremacist with an agenda?  When people need closure, they need to know why.

With white nationalist terrorism, you can only effectively counter it if there is a broad understanding of WHAT IT IS and WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.  

In these cases, sunlight is the best disinfectant. 

Sweeping these shooters under the rug does not help prevent future attacks because people will be unable to recognize the signs of a potential shooter.   This is a whole of society level issue we need to confront directly if we’re going prevent future attacks. 

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Oh Fuck Off. You can't comprehend how banning the sales of semi-automatic weapons commonly used in these situations could reduce the problem? Really? One week after a guy shot up the garlic festival in Gilroy CA with a gun he purchased legally in NV (because its illegal to purchase in CA). Yet you can't envision any scenario where trying to take these sorts of weapons off the streets would alleviate the problem. You then actually hypothesize it would only amplify the problem. You may be fucking retarded and not just know it. 

Semi-automatic weapons are just the easiest, readily-available tool an assailant chooses for an act of terrorism.  That doesn't solve the problem, but it does require more time for the perpetrator to pack a backpack with a nail-filled pressure cooker or rent a U-Haul and fill it with ammonium nitrate and diesel.

We've made positive strides on making it more difficult for the average joe to purchase hi-po fertilizer in bulk.

• Like 1