Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Perroni on Anderson

The visit blew Bryce Anderson away. Like Harold Perkins, he was not expecting it to be anything like it was. He was another that felt the winning attitude in the air. Texas came in as the leader but A&M is a co-favorite at worst, now. I’ll have more of an update on him in just a bit but he is actually coming back on Tuesday. His younger brother is going to the youth camp and Bryce is going to spend the day at A&M. Jimbo Fisher made him a priority throughout the weekend and it made an impact

Bryce Anderson post-visit update

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Bryce Anderson post-visit update

Brian Perroni

I talked to multiple people about Bryce Anderson and where he stood, including a couple really close to him. Here is a rundown on the latest.

-A&M did pretty much everything right over the weekend. Anderson did not expect to like it as much as he did. He has been there before but something about the weekend was just different, which was echoed by the other recruits as well. A&M’s players have all bought in and that was evident to the recruits, including Anderson.

-Jimbo Fisher made him a big priority all weekend. He had multiple one-on-one conversations with Anderson and then had a long one at the end with he and his family as the final visitor on campus. Fisher sold the family maybe even moreso than he did Bryce, which is saying something.

-They told Anderson that he would start out as a nickel type as he learned the defense and then he would eventually transition to full-time safety. Texas and LSU are apparently saying the same thing with Alabama saying safety from the beginning. He likes the idea of that role.

-I put it in the other story but Anderson is actually coming back to A&M on Tuesday. His younger brother is going to the youth camp and he plans to spend all day in town again. He is going to obviously speak with Fisher a ton more as well.

-Anderson canceled his USC official visit as it was the same weekend as the 7-on-7 state championships, the final weekend of June. USC was never really a contender but he was still going to take the visit. Also, the state championships are in College Station, so that will be a third trip in a month for Anderson to A&M.
-He went to LSU for an unofficial last week and has Alabama and Texas official visits the next two weekends. Those are his finalists, along with A&M, so he still expects to make a decision on July 4.

-He came into the A&M visit very high on Texas and the Longhorns still have their visit to use. But I was told that A&M made up a ton of ground. The Aggies won just about everybody over and are co-favorites at worst right now. “Texas is going to have to show him a lot to outdo A&M,” is something that was said to me by someone close to him. The Longhorns have had the momentum for quite some time, so they are going to be tough to beat, but A&M will get him in town two more times to continue to hammer things home. I've also learned to never count out Nick Saban but, right now, this is pretty much an in-state battle.

Maybe they really did blow him away but even from their mods' glowing reports I'm not seeing much by way of prediction that they will actually win out. Feels more like they are setting up their story.

"The fightin ags did all they could and staged a furious comeback to get back into the mix but due to factors mostly outside of their control they weren't able to beat out the big12 squad." 

Made up a ton of ground isn't the same thing as took the lead. We're at worst a toss up with our visit still to go. 'If even, we're leaving' corollary applies. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe they really did blow him away but even from their mods' glowing reports I'm not seeing much by way of prediction that they will actually win out. Feels more like they are setting up their story.

"The fightin ags did all they could and staged a furious comeback to get back into the mix but due to factors mostly outside of their control they weren't able to beat out the big12 squad." 

Made up a ton of ground isn't the same thing as took the lead. We're at worst a toss up with our visit still to go. 'If even, we're leaving' corollary applies. 

yep it's like the Fong post about Banks ranking LSU #1 right now..  Yet he didn't dare put his custom confidence 4 CB on him to LSU.

• Hook 'Em 1

VIP News and Notes: Lots of info from A&M's big weekend

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

VIP News and Notes: Lots of info from A&M's big weekend

Brian Perroni

I have talked to some more people about the weekend. Everybody, to a man, has talked about how A&M is set up to win and has everything in place to be very good, very soon. They all talked about how there is a just a feeling in the air there now, with how the staff has changed the attitude around the program. Leon O'Neal, Demani Richardson and Haynes King have been mentioned as players that help sell the program and truly believe in it.

As far as the visitors that were in town, A&M absolutely killed it with pretty much all of them. One person, not on the A&M side, told me they think the Aggies are going to have to turn people away at some point. They said they expect kids to realize that there are limited spots and jump on board before too long.

-I’ve been told that things went extremely well with both Bear Alexander and Deyon Bouie. In fact, Bouie’s family wants to see things at A&M, so there’s a good chance he shows back up this coming weekend. This is going to be a fight for both of them but the Aggies could potentially flip both guys from Georgia.

-The main competitor for Chris Marshall is probably Alabama. That will be the team to watch if/when he visits this fall as he plans. However, A&M went a very long way in selling both him and his family. I still really like my Crystal Ball pick of the Aggies and other people are of that same opinion.

-The visit blew Bryce Anderson away. Like Harold Perkins, he was not expecting it to be anything like it was. He was another that felt the winning attitude in the air. Texas came in as the leader but A&M is a co-favorite at worst, now. I’ll have more of an update on him in just a bit but he is actually coming back on Tuesday. His younger brother is going to the youth camp and Bryce is going to spend the day at A&M. Jimbo Fisher made him a priority throughout the weekend and it made an impact.

-You’ve seen multiple updates from both me and Wiltfong that say it but things definitely went well with Harold Perkins. I like my Crystal Ball prediction to A&M for him. The Aggies would probably prefer it if he didn’t wait until January to announce, and his other visits will be worth watching, but they won both him and his family over big-time on the weekend.

-There is another Georgia commit to watch when it comes to A&M as well. I think you will see national top-100 cornerback Marquis Groves-Killebrew make it to Aggieland. He is from Georgia and has been committed for over a year but I expect him to come to town the final week of July, which is the only other non-dead portion of the summer.

-He was not there this past weekend, but I am likely going to put in a Crystal Ball pick for Jarred Kerr to A&M soon. His official is this coming weekend and he has one to Baylor after that but it honestly would not be a shock to see him shut it down before Waco. Even if not, though, I don’t think it will be long after.

-The one guy that nobody seems to have a great read on is Tyler Legacy running back Jamarion Miller. He really liked things but he is not in a hurry to make a decision. Even the other recruits aren’t sure what he is going to do. He plays things close to the vest with media and the same is apparently true of everyone else as well. But the consensus was that things went well with him.

Every school's 9.95ers, including ours, are going to say the visitors were blown away, everything went amazing, their school made up a ton of ground, blah blah blah. Ours for this weekend read exactly the same. Will be more telling if IT etc start to soften their tone at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/5/2021 at 3:47 PM, Machinator said:

Looch in midseason form with the spin.

image.png

There was a time where I was on ketamine mdma and ghb at the same time. I took some magic mushrooms to calm down with a handle of jack Daniels. I still wasn’t fucked up enough to come up with something like this 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.58c2b8929646279d5075f20cccd30b64.png

Just adorable. I'm sure most of his subs will be able to pick up on the subtext and won't get too far over their skis here.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Every school's 9.95ers, including ours, are going to say the visitors were blown away, everything went amazing, their school made up a ton of ground, blah blah blah. Ours for this weekend read exactly the same. Will be more telling if IT etc start to soften their tone at all.

No doubt, we got a 10/10!

The difference is everyone here understands he'll visit Notre Dame next, also be blown away on that visit and likely commit there shortly after. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I was a journalism student when I first came to UT. Rabid Longhorn fan. What could be better than getting a job as a sports writer covering your favorite team and other college teams? Either that or be a news reporter.

A few years go by, and I notice the tedium of reporting the sames things over and over every year. The games and teams differ, the dialogue not so much.

To top it off, a newspaper sportswriter wrote a column complaining about how the athletes give the same answers year after year. That may have been the moment that I realized that sportswriters are (as a group) the dumbest people in the world paid to write. Hey, Ace, why do you think you get the same answers? Could it just be that you ask the same questions every year?

Perroni epitomizes my opinion except things have got worse because he doesn't have copy editors or content editors.

Player X was blown away because A&M hit it out of the park and gave Player X plenty to think about. The Aggies made up a lot of ground on The University of X who was considered to be in the lead. The visit was way better than Player X expected. He loved the family atmosphere and the fact that A&M is in the SEC. All the pieces are in place to win. Jimbo knows what he's doing.

I suppose I should be happy for Perroni and the other troglodites at Texags for having maxed out their potential on the bottom rung of the intellectual ladder.

• Hook 'Em 5

With all of that being said about 9.95ers, this is a weird year and we could see a lot of leans change their minds quickly. No one has had visits before now, and bags be dropping. So hopefully this is typical Perroni BS but you never know..

Isn't buying an already-bought player some kind of unwritten faux pas? Where's ctj, I feel like he said something like that

I admit that I almost like this escalation of bag game between UGA and Aggy. Those two seem to be breaking away from the pack. Countdown to SEC/NCAA putting Aggy in their place 

Edited by Tex-19

32 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I was a journalism student when I first came to UT. Rabid Longhorn fan. What could be better than getting a job as a sports writer covering your favorite team and other college teams? Either that or be a news reporter.

A few years go by, and I notice the tedium of reporting the sames things over and over every year. The games and teams differ, the dialogue not so much.

To top it off, a newspaper sportswriter wrote a column complaining about how the athletes give the same answers year after year. That may have been the moment that I realized that sportswriters are (as a group) the dumbest people in the world paid to write. Hey, Ace, why do you think you get the same answers? Could it just be that you ask the same questions every year?

Perroni epitomizes my opinion except things have got worse because he doesn't have copy editors or content editors.

Player X was blown away because A&M hit it out of the park and gave Player X plenty to think about. The Aggies made up a lot of ground on The University of X who was considered to be in the lead. The visit was way better than Player X expected. He loved the family atmosphere and the fact that A&M is in the SEC. All the pieces are in place to win. Jimbo knows what he's doing.

I suppose I should be happy for Perroni and the other troglodites at Texags for having maxed out their potential on the bottom rung of the intellectual ladder.

That's the reason why a lot of the "regular" reporting/newswire type of shit is already automated and has been for a few years now. Computer programs do this job. At least in financial reporting I have seen this happen, and probably in sports reporting too-- for example, in writing out the game summary.  Humans probably are now mainly involved with writing fluff pieces or over-arching thematic stuff happening in their particular wheelhouse or (rarely) in the investigative arena.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Bear's twitter post during his OV to A&M pretty much said what was going to happen. He had tagged one of his school coaches (guess that's the guy who drove him to C/ST?) who is a Bulldawg fan but his post was that he started from zero and had nothing, and has to make decisions that are right for him. 

I think it's great to be wanted, and to have your choice of where to go.  All this bag stuff is fan board innuendo until proven otherwise. :)

• Fuck You 1

What is position depth for safety at UT right now? Bryce Anderson likely can't start right away at A&M. But it's all about how the sales pitch is made, I suppose.

Again, I think A&M's most impact need is at shutdown corner spot; I sure hope landing Nick Williams from UGa is what's about to pay big dividends in this regard. Having recent ex NFL-pro Antonio Cromartie on staff (along with his version of the "swagcopter"-- remember that!? lol-- doesn't hurt either).

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Isn't buying an already-bought player some kind of unwritten faux pas? Where's ctj, I feel like he said something like that

I admit that I almost like this escalation of bag game between UGA and Aggy. Those two seem to be breaking away from the pack. Countdown to SEC/NCAA putting Aggy in their place 

It depends on the situation. Based on other similar situations, the handler typically gets paid the fee to visit. They use that school as a stalking horse bid. They don't accept any actual money for the commitment. Georgia was probably surprised he committed and probably expected to be asked for more at some point. A&M was the real player in the game and just needed something to push them to a different amount. I have no inside info on Alexander, but that is how I suspect it might work. Most people thought it was Texas or A&M all along with A&M in the lead (per the $9.95s), then he makes a random commitment to Georgia. So it would make sense they were just playing the game with A&M.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Anderson crowing about him not actually committing or anything

Hide contents

E3SsW6sXoAMiX7a?format=jpg&name=mediumE3SsXL3XwAYco0T?format=jpg&name=mediumE3SsXctX0AE42-F?format=jpg&name=mediumE3SsXyAXwAcaEd2?format=jpg&name=medium

By the way, he's likley making neither of the visits that Perroni thought he was making 

Spoiler

"UPDATE: So, the trip tomorrow is Bryce's little brother and their cousin coming to A&M for the youth camp. Bryce's parents have to work, so his aunt/uncle are the ones driving. Bryce was going to go with them but he forgot about 7-on-7 practice. His family tells me he will be back before the end of June at some point, though.

-Anderson canceled his USC official visit. USC was never really a contender but he was still going to take the visit. Also, the state championships are in College Station, so that will be a third trip in a month for Anderson to A&M.

UPDATE: I actually misunderstood about the 7-on-7 state tournament weekend. West Brook has not qualified yet, so Anderson is set to be at Texas that weekend for his official visit still. I thought Texas had been moved. So Anderson won't be in town that final weekend, unless they qualify in one of the final tournaments.

-He went to LSU for an unofficial last week and has Alabama and Texas official visits the next two weekends. Those are his finalists, along with A&M, so he still expects to make a decision on July 4.

-He came into the A&M visit very high on Texas and the Longhorns still have their visit to use. But I was told that A&M made up a ton of ground. The Aggies won just about everybody over and are co-favorites at worst right now. “Texas is going to have to show him a lot to outdo A&M,” is something that was said to me by someone close to him. The Longhorns have had the momentum for quite some time, so they are going to be tough to beat, but A&M will get him in town two more times to continue to hammer things home. I've also learned to never count out Nick Saban but, right now, this is pretty much an in-state battle."

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

By the way, he's likley making neither of the visits that Perroni thought he was making 

Hide contents

"UPDATE: So, the trip tomorrow is Bryce's little brother and their cousin coming to A&M for the youth camp. Bryce's parents have to work, so his aunt/uncle are the ones driving. Bryce was going to go with them but he forgot about 7-on-7 practice. His family tells me he will be back before the end of June at some point, though.

-Anderson canceled his USC official visit. USC was never really a contender but he was still going to take the visit. Also, the state championships are in College Station, so that will be a third trip in a month for Anderson to A&M.

UPDATE: I actually misunderstood about the 7-on-7 state tournament weekend. West Brook has not qualified yet, so Anderson is set to be at Texas that weekend for his official visit still. I thought Texas had been moved. So Anderson won't be in town that final weekend, unless they qualify in one of the final tournaments.

-He came into the A&M visit very high on Texas and the Longhorns still have their visit to use. But I was told that A&M made up a ton of ground. The Aggies won just about everybody over and are co-favorites at worst right now. “Texas is going to have to show him a lot to outdo A&M,” is something that was said to me by someone close to him. The Longhorns have had the momentum for quite some time, so they are going to be tough to beat, but A&M will get him in town two more times to continue to hammer things home. I've also learned to never count out Nick Saban but, right now, this is pretty much an in-state battle."

Lmao

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Perroni on Anderson:

He was another that felt the winning attitude in the air

ahhh yes, nothing says winning attitude like 1 tied conference championship and finishing the season ranked 5x this decade

Stinks Mickey Mouse GIF by DisneyJunior

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Reveal hidden contents

spit take GIF

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Aggy's reporters recruit for them. There is a huge difference between what they do and what everyone else does. And consider that in our case, we have people like Fat Ketch who can't help but fuck up our recruiting efforts in some cases. Ketch is bigger than the program. (Yeah, I know...)

• Hook 'Em 1